Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Got the Thumbs down from a WRX

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2010, 09:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got the Thumbs down from a WRX

This was a few weeks ago and it was quite silly I thought.
Location: Kirkland going North on I-405 just passing the NE116th st exit.
I was cruising 60Mph in the center lane, minding my own business, when out of nowhere I see a black WRX barreling down on me fast. He was swerving back and forth cutting everyone off just so he could get up along side of me. When he reached my right door he "hit the BOV" and I heard the basic, boring "Pssshhhh!" sound. I initially looked over, mostly to make sure he would not ram into me, but I focused on the road and my driving. He sped up slightly so he was in the right lane still, just 10 feet in front of me. Then he decided he really wanted to prove himself to me. So he stuck his arm out of the window and displayed the standard "thumbs down" gesture. All the while his friends were looking out the back window to see my reaction. Initially I was getting excited and was locking and loading my "double bird", but I decided to play it cool and pretended I did not see him, even though he was only 10 feet away.
Soon after that, he slammed on his brakes, cut every car off in the vicinity and swerved over to the NE124th st exit to the right. As he was driving down the off ramp, he stuck his arm out the window and initiated the "thumbs down" attack again. This time his entire upper body was hanging out of the car and he was looking really pissed off at me, desperately trying to get my attention, but I once again ignored him. Keep in mind, he was on the off-ramp over 100 feet away and I was still on the freeway! I felt like taking the next exit and finding him and acting really friendly and say "hey whats up dude?" and let him scream and yell...But I continued home.

True story.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

I got the same thing from another evo...... only difference is, he decided to cut me off intentionally for no reason, i just got in to a turn lane and turned around and went a different way.

nothing suprises me these days
Old Feb 5, 2010, 09:08 AM

Nice, you played a mind game with him. Its great that u can keep your self contained in that type of an issue. Suprised though that he would give u a thumbs down (hatred towards evo's?)....

Nice story
Old Feb 5, 2010, 09:18 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol, what a douchebag, good that you kept your cool in traffic. I suspect his mommy bought him a new car so he wanted to show it off in front of his douchebag friends.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 09:24 AM

damn kids these days...
Old Feb 5, 2010, 09:26 AM

I would've really pissed him off, cause I just end up cracking up at d-bags. Haha. They'll see me laughing... except being a girl.... their pissed off face usually turns into confusion.... makes me laugh even more!
Old Feb 5, 2010, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

its soo tempting these days to do something stupid but driving a 500 whp car for 3 years you tend to grow up fast....

here in IL, we had a mom and dad who bought their twins a sti and an evo and one day they decided to race down a main road, well the road merged and one lost hitting the other and they both died.....

Its pathetic how parents just buy kids whatever they want without any research... We all speed, we have all raced on the streets at some point or another, we have all got that itch to do a high speed run just to see how fast they really are... After you drive these kind of cars most people i talked to really learned to respect it and its abilities.

People are just crazy these days, driving like a$$holes for no reason, they end up putting too many lives at stake for it and for what, my car is faster than yours?! There are VW bugs that would embarrass most evo's. There will always be faster no matter what car you own, I just don't get it... maybe im getting old, ha, turning 29 this year....
Old Feb 5, 2010, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

hate those kind of dbags...do you have to deal with rednecks in their pick up trucks ever? i get those a lot! lol
Old Feb 5, 2010, 09:38 AM
Evolving Member

For me it seems like the faster the car I get the less i feel the need to prove anyhting to these losers. I find ignoring them gets them the most upset so that what I tend to do
Old Feb 5, 2010, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would have smoked him. But thats just me and this is America
Old Feb 5, 2010, 09:46 AM

i get that crap all the time. Beinh one of only two evo's in the area, i have every kinda of ******* and douche trying to race. It really pisses me off that most of the time my kid is in the car and i have a huge window sign that says"BABY ON BOARD". But they continue their antics. I almost followed this group of kids that passed me in a buick 2000 on the right side of the highway, but my son was in the car and i didnt want to go to jail for beating the **** outta of a few wannabees cuz they wanna look cool cuz they passed and EVO in their crackride..
Old Feb 5, 2010, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I get it all the time, people trying to race that is.

They have got to realize that we could kill someone out there, who could be anyones family member just by cutting them off.

You can always prove your car out on the track.

Just drive like you normally drive and you'll be fine, you are a better person for it.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 10:17 AM
Evolving Member

Wow, this tops the cake in the history of 'who gives a ****' threads.

Bravo, genius.

But it reminds me, hey I was at Albertsons the other day. Just a regular ol' Tuesday, doing some shopping, just minding my own business.

Standing there trying to decide if I wanted Lucky Charms with the new rainbow marshmallow or if I just wanted your standard old Peanut Butter C Crunch.

When some kid, must have only been 3-4 in his momma's shopping cart, you know, where you sit.
Looked right at me, directly at my face and stuck his tongue out and made a weird squishy with his eyes.

Yeah, oh yeah.

I just pretended not to see him, but really I did, and I survived to make this retarded post about it, even though you probably won't care.

I just turned around and walked away, leaving my in Cinnamon Toast Crunch country (which is just fine).

But when I looked back, the little guy was still doing it, psh, peoples kids these days you know?

So anyway, when we got home I asked my son, hey dude, why were you sticking your tongue out at me?

You see? See how that feels, when you waste a bunch of your time to read something retarded?
Old Feb 5, 2010, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fuzzydoodle
Wow, this tops the cake in the history of 'who gives a ****' threads.

Bravo, genius.

But it reminds me, hey I was at Albertsons the other day. Just a regular ol' Tuesday, doing some shopping, just minding my own business.

Standing there trying to decide if I wanted Lucky Charms with the new rainbow marshmallow or if I just wanted your standard old Peanut Butter C Crunch.

When some kid, must have only been 3-4 in his momma's shopping cart, you know, where you sit.
Looked right at me, directly at my face and stuck his tongue out and made a weird squishy with his eyes.

Yeah, oh yeah.

I just pretended not to see him, but really I did, and I survived to make this retarded post about it, even though you probably won't care.

I just turned around and walked away, leaving my in Cinnamon Toast Crunch country (which is just fine).

But when I looked back, the little guy was still doing it, psh, peoples kids these days you know?

So anyway, when we got home I asked my son, hey dude, why were you sticking your tongue out at me?

You see? See how that feels, when you waste a bunch of your time to read something retarded?
We all waste time doing something. Like working. We do it because we have to make money. Not because we want to (with most jobs).

You could have just not commented at all if it was a waste .
Old Feb 5, 2010, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

One thing that really scares me is how cheap some high horsepower used Evo's and other high performance cars are becoming making them easier for the little douchebags like this to acquire. Can you imagine Mr. Jones feeling all that guilt from neglecting little latch-key Joey all those years chasing his career goals and gets him a 500+ hp Evo?

Quick Reply: Got the Thumbs down from a WRX