Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Doo Wop Rally

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2010, 02:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doo Wop Rally

If you guys have never been to a rally before this is the one to go to. The Doo Wop Rally is the best rally in the NW!

http://www.doowoprally.com/

The entry list is currently up to 32 cars, some of the highlights are

Carl Jardevall/ Nate Tennis in an 05 evo. Carl is always fun to watch and will be pushing for the overall rally win.

Malcolm Davies/ Tina Warner in a 90 GSX that is tuned by English Racing. Malcolm seems to get faster every race.

Mark Mager/ Jake Blattner in an 06 sti. Jake is a newer addition to this team, there first race together was the Mt. Hood rally last year witch they went on to win.

The 2wd action is always a lot of fun to watch, The lower horse power cars really take a lot of driver skill to keep the speeds up. Some of the 2wd cars to watch pit for are;

Cody Crane/ Billy Irvin in an 88 Honda CRX. If you guys have never had the chance to see Cody drive you are missing out, he pushes harder then anyone else out there. Plus he will have a midget that some of you will recognize working in service for him.

Adam Crane/ Britta Nielsen in an 86 Toyota Carolla. Adam likes to stay sideways and is always a crowd favorite.

Bryan Watson/ Rudy Watson in the Too Quick's 1984 VW Rabbit turbo.

I really hope to see some of you guys out there! I can promise that you will have a good time.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 02:44 PM

I guess I have to show up because Billy is co-driving a honda.......... :P!
Old Feb 24, 2010, 07:03 PM

Damn, I should try to get that weekend off work, but I just said I could work that weekend today.

Doesn't look like John Lane got his Volvo fixed in time, that's too bad.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts
John's car needed a massive restore after Doo Wop last year.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 05:02 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Poik242
Damn, I should try to get that weekend off work, but I just said I could work that weekend today.

Doesn't look like John Lane got his Volvo fixed in time, that's too bad.

As far as i know, the only thing John has left on the to do list is find a turbo for the car. The roof was replaced last summer. I really hope to see John back out there some time soon.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 07:23 AM
Former Sponsor

I figure that putting some competitor info out there will give you guys more of an idea who your are cheering for.

Mark Mager - Driver

Olympia, WA

Jake Blattner - Navigator

Salem, OR

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI

Regional Open Class

National Super Production Class

Sponsors

RalliTEK

Delta Cams

Cascade Autosport

Our Community Credit Union

Finished 2nd overall in the 2009 Doo Wop Rally

Old Feb 28, 2010, 09:26 PM
Former Sponsor

NORTHWIND Racing is a grass-roots rally team located in Washington State. We compete in the North West region of the United States, driving as far as Idaho and British Columbia for events.

Our rally car is a home built 1975 Saab 99 EMS, driven by Quinn Morley. During his novice season, Quinn took 1st in Novice Class and 4th in Group 2 in the Pacific Northwest Rally Championship. Co-driver James VonProtzeller had the same results in the co-driver's championship.

This will be our second season, sone things to note are; we built our car in four weeks before last years doo wop, with a budget of less than $2000, and Quinn is known to do the math on if it's faster to change a flat on stage or drive through on the rim.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old Feb 28, 2010, 10:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Sounds like fun
Old Mar 1, 2010, 10:39 PM
Former Sponsor

[IMG][/IMG]

Competitor bio: Kristen Tabor and Janice Tabor

Kristen and her mother, Janice, have been competing together since the Doo Wop rally of 2000, where, on the second day, 3rd stage from the end of the day, they rolled the car they borrowed from brother Mark, who went on that year to drive the same car to a national production class victory. After the roll made it to the internet care of youngest brother Jon, they decided to pioneer the PNW Geo Metro spec class. The Geo, still in competition today as one of the team’s rental rally cars, proved to be a fan favorite and Kristen and Janice had a lot of fun learning how to drive. In 2004, the girls finally got the Nissan back from Mark, and concentrated on still having fun, and trying to beat Dad. They have had many adventures in the Nissan, and have managed to mostly keep all four wheels on the ground, although not always all 4 at the same time. Late 2007 into 2008 saw the girls have the chance to try some of the other cars in the Tabor Rally Team stables, competing in the team’s black Mazda 323 GTX at the 2007 Mt Hood Rally, and borrowing older brother Matt’s Subaru Impreza 2.5RS at the 2008 Doo Wop rally. Since Olympus 2008, they have been competing in Mark’s national production class-winning 2002 Acura RSX Type S. They’re still having fun, and still trying to beat Dad.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

HEY

I need volunteers to help crew on a car if anyone is interested. If so contact Billy.

thanks

Aaron
Old Mar 3, 2010, 11:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Aaron will be the crew chief for Cody and myself at Doowops.

He is looking for a friend so he is not lonely.

The perks of the job!!!

1. Free evo tech advice from your favorite midget
2. The chance to work on the fastest bright green car in the rally.

(Aaron if this doesn't sell someone on being your friend for the weekend i don't know what will)
Old Mar 4, 2010, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

I can lend a hand on Saturday. I have some skills from wrenching on my own car. Let me know if you need my help.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 10:38 PM
Evolved Member

That would be awesome. Please contact Billy if you havent already as he is organizing this end of things. I dont even know where the services are yet
Old Mar 5, 2010, 09:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Info for the services can be found here. http://www.doowoprally.com/spectate.html

general time frames can be found here http://doowoprally.com/schedule.html

If you would like to help out, show up early to service, Find Aarron, and ask him to put you to work
Old Mar 5, 2010, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Minh is a good guy and a lot of fun to hang with. I'd be there if my weekend wasn't already booked.

Quick Reply: Doo Wop Rally