Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Belkirk Autobody experience

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2010, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Belkirk Autobody experience

So, thru a friend of a friend I crossed paths with Kyle (MetalMellinium's brother) and mentioned I needed my Vortex Generator painted. He gave me a price, grabbed the part and away it goes...

Fast forward about a week, I get a text saying it's done. I head up to pick it up on Friday. Now I'm thinking this is going to be a typical back door deal with a painter, so I'm thinking he's gonna meet me at the car out front, hand it to me and away I go.

It's not quite ready yet, so he takes me on a full tour of the facility. He takes me back to the paint mixing station, shows me the factory mix for the paint code (Apex silver is almost 30% pearl white, I did not know that!) and even gives me some spare paint for a splitter some day.

After the VG was done baking, we pull my car into one of the paint booths. It was raining, so the car was wet.. Not a problem, air it off some, and on comes the heaters. He reminds me that it needs to be warm to apply the 2 sided tape... damn I would of forgot that part putting it on in the garage... This time his bro comes in (MetalMellinium), helps us remove the gutter and center the VG in the correct spot, off comes the tape and we're done.

All in all I was extremely impressed. I'm expecting the backdoor paint treatment, but I felt I was given a treatment deserved of a customer getting a $10k paint job. Installation done completely free, and the price negotiated is what I would of paid to buy all of the materials and painted the VG myself. The clear settled with less peel than the factory paint with no sanding and buffing at all. for the great service!
Old May 1, 2010, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1...ive never had any body work or painting done at Belkirk but ive had friends that have been customers there and they have always said good things about them and their work
Old May 1, 2010, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

OP, can you please pm me his info. im looking for a shop to do a nose chop on my front bumper and spray. i talked to one of the local body shop here and he basically said he wont do it because yellow is really hard to match...
Old May 1, 2010, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by josel_atr
OP, can you please pm me his info. im looking for a shop to do a nose chop on my front bumper and spray. i talked to one of the local body shop here and he basically said he wont do it because yellow is really hard to match...
Sent.
Old May 2, 2010, 12:58 AM
Evolved Member

I'm sure MM at Belkirk will take care of you, Josel. I haven't worked with him for anything on my car yet, but I have heard good stories like this one. MM is also quick to come in and beat other quotes, and they put on a great bbq a few weeks back and had great prices during that event too!

Thanks for the review Jason.
Old May 2, 2010, 01:54 AM
Evolved Member

Sick! It's nice to know there are some decent body shops around!
Old May 2, 2010, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

Good info for the rest of us who might need work done and its good to hear positive things and not just the bad. i'll admit when i first started to read this i though it was going to be a bad post but i was wrong, not that i expected u to complain GTisRule, it just sounded like where it was going at first. Thank for the info.
Old May 2, 2010, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

BelKirk is an exception shop with exceptional people wanting to get the job done right!!! This is where I took my car when I was in my accident and it came back to me better than the way it was before the accident. Definitely worth the drive from Auburn for me!!!
Old May 2, 2010, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

I am glad to hear about these guys. How are these guys as far as pricing? I think I may try them out since one of the sideskirts got cracked by a damn drive up ramp

Last edited by dbsears; May 2, 2010 at 12:25 PM.
Old May 2, 2010, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

^ Their prices are better than any around that I could find!!! I'm actually taking my Voltex sideskirt in to them on Friday to fix the fiberglass damage and paint cracking due to an oversized speed bump.
Old May 2, 2010, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Caesar
^ Their prices are better than any around that I could find!!! I'm actually taking my Voltex sideskirt in to them on Friday to fix the fiberglass damage and paint cracking due to an oversized speed bump.
Can you please let me know what it costs when you get it finished.
Old May 2, 2010, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

^ Sure, if I remember.
Old May 2, 2010, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Derek, I know that MM that works there will beat pretty much any price that is out there.
Old May 2, 2010, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by josel_atr
let me know what they quote you, i may go to them as well
Old May 2, 2010, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

^you go first man. i need a couch first before i do the nose chop. do you want me to pm you their phone number?

Quick Reply: Belkirk Autobody experience