Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Alfa Lapping Day (Evening Event)

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2010, 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^ Paul, have you had problems with the 2500s? They've worked fine for me so far. A couple autoXs, go-kart day, and two pacific lapping day and no problems yet on the DS2500s for me.
Old May 3, 2010, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well 299.99999whp is not enough to cook DDS2500's...maybe 300 though
Old May 3, 2010, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jid2
I get there around 2PM on the evening events. I take a half day. Man up.
Man, now you're tempting me to go. I really want to get a joystick for Super Street Fighter 4.
Old May 3, 2010, 08:48 PM
Evolving Member

For those of you guys looking to get some track pads, you guys can look up Carbotech Performance Brakes. http://www.ctbrakes.com/

They are awesome brake pads and costs as much as anyone else for a superior product. Cindi Lux recommended these to us SRT guys a few years back and we loved them!!! She runs them on her Competition Viper herself.

I recommend the compound be at least XP8's but I personally run the XP10's myself. Shipped to your door for about $235 for the fronts.

Last edited by RoninVIIIRS; May 3, 2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old May 3, 2010, 08:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Spool4Fun
^^^ Paul, have you had problems with the 2500s? They've worked fine for me so far. A couple autoXs, go-kart day, and two pacific lapping day and no problems yet on the DS2500s for me.
I experienced minor fade with DS2500s, though they are worlds better than the stock pads. When I switched to track pads, I got vibration in the front - perhaps they were just not compatible with the rotors that had been run with the DS2500s. Got new front rotors, with the same track pads, and no problems since.

Now I want more brake torque so I've got another set of pads to try.
Old May 3, 2010, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
How much seat time do you have racing? How much HP?
For a minimum you need high temp brake fluid and 1/2 pad left on the fronts. Highly recomended would be a better brake pad for the front. DS2500 type pad. I don't think pacific is terribly horrible on brakes, but its the last thing you want to fail on your car...
For just learning the track once hes not pushing it too hard a stockish setup would be fine. Been there done that in 2006. Then again I tend to drive like a granny so .

I will say the DS2500s take abuse better than the stockers for sure.
Old May 3, 2010, 10:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dbsears
Hey now, I think my actual number was really 296 whp, 299 is just what I tell people so they think I'm cool.
Old May 4, 2010, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dbsears
I'm currently melting DS 3000's on hte track. 2500 is a "street" pad for sure. I would not suggest running DS2500 for track use at all if you're at an 'intermediate' level. Fluid is a must. Mitsu uses like DOT2 in these cars I swear. A number of hardcore racers use stock rotors.

You don't need special tires either. For anyone that's never been on the track, the more 'race' car your car is, the harder it is to drive. The best thing to do is get some good pads, good fluid then head on out and see what you need next. Tossing a conglomeration of **** at your car before a track event is the worst way possible to learn.
Old May 4, 2010, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

^ But it's a **** load of fun pulling away from everyone on the straights... the corners however are another matter for me, but that'll soon change.
Old May 4, 2010, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GTisRule
I'm currently melting DS 3000's on hte track. 2500 is a "street" pad for sure. I would not suggest running DS2500 for track use at all if you're at an 'intermediate' level. Fluid is a must. Mitsu uses like DOT2 in these cars I swear. A number of hardcore racers use stock rotors.

You don't need special tires either. For anyone that's never been on the track, the more 'race' car your car is, the harder it is to drive. The best thing to do is get some good pads, good fluid then head on out and see what you need next. Tossing a conglomeration of **** at your car before a track event is the worst way possible to learn.

oh boy...im in for it and the fun hard knocks begin and lots of cone rash!!
Old May 5, 2010, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

Are all you guys that run track pads driving on them to the track? I didn't see anybody swapping pads out or trailer their car.

Nobody has any stopping problems driving to the track on race pads?
Old May 5, 2010, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

I could be wrong, but I'd think even track pads would work ok on the street, as long as you didn't have to make any emergency stops when they're cold.
Old May 5, 2010, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I don't change out my Raybestos ST43's; I drive to the track on them. They aren't a daily driver pad, but they can stop fine even when cold going back and forth from the track. They pretty much rule.
Old May 5, 2010, 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

Any of you guys here much about the RB 800 series pads??? Thinking of trying them. They get pretty favorable reviews on other forums from the HPDE and SCCA guys that are running evos. Have the same MOT as DS3000's but I am thinking maybe a better compound. Some good reviews here: http://forums.racingbrake.com/showthread.php?t=423

Haven't seen any WA people running them yet...I need something I can drive 80 miles to the track cause I'm too lazy to swap pads once I get there. PF Z's aren't cutting it and DS2500's I'm not sure would a big enough of an upgrade with my power plans
Old May 6, 2010, 01:35 AM
Evolving Member

Are all you guys that run track pads driving on them to the track? I didn't see anybody swapping pads out or trailer their car.

Nobody has any stopping problems driving to the track on race pads?
Best to just change them out the night before (what I always do). You can drive them on the street, but depending on the material, it can be stupid loud anytime you make a slow stop. I've changed pads at the track between sessions before and it sucks. Your mind should be focused on the track and what you are going to do when you head out there (nice and relaxed). Instead of rushing to get the pads in, etc. I know it doesn't take long to pop a couple pins out and put them in, but summer time track days get up into the 90's sometimes, and doing all that in the heat sucks.

Last edited by RoninVIIIRS; May 6, 2010 at 01:47 AM.

Quick Reply: Alfa Lapping Day (Evening Event)