Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Alfa Lapping Day (Evening Event)

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2010, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Alfa Lapping Day (Evening Event)

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know the Alfa club is hosting an evening lapping day at Pacific Raceways on Wednesday the 23rd of June. It starts at 4pm and goes till dusk, so probably around 10pm. There are restrictions to this event, so check out this link:

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...553316774D7E9C

From what I've heard this fills up fast, so if you're interested I'd definitely register early.

Who's in???
Old May 2, 2010, 07:59 PM
Evolving Member

I'll be there. I'm considering the alfa event at Bremerton this month as well. We'll see how the weather looks as the event gets closer.
Old May 2, 2010, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

I really want to go. But I really can't keep neglecting work to go to track days. Have fun guys, be safe!
Old May 2, 2010, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RoninVIIIRS
I really want to go. But I really can't keep neglecting work to go to track days. Have fun guys, be safe!
It's in the evening man; the gates don't open until 4pm (that's what the site says).
Old May 3, 2010, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think I"m gonna hit the Bremerton one this month, but I don't think I'm going to make the June Evening event. Even with gates opening at 4, you're still going to want at least a 1/2 day off, not to mention work the next day after. Oh and duh, I'm leaving for Colorado the day after. We're going to Pike's Peak this year! wooT!
Old May 3, 2010, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Spool4Fun
I'll be there. I'm considering the alfa event at Bremerton this month as well. We'll see how the weather looks as the event gets closer.
Does this Alfa event happen to fall on a weekend...they need some love for us hard working citizens
Old May 3, 2010, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dbsears
Does this Alfa event happen to fall on a weekend...they need some love for us hard working citizens
Most clubs don't have weekend track days because track rental price quadruples or something like that for Sat/Sun. Those are the big crowd weekends.
Old May 3, 2010, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Yea I know...sucks cause I have missed most these events for the past year. I just can't really take half days to hit up the track. Just have to plan ahead I guess.
Old May 3, 2010, 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Caesar
It's in the evening man; the gates don't open until 4pm (that's what the site says).
I believe they start running at 4pm. Check in and tech would probably be a few hours earlier before run time.
Old May 3, 2010, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I get there around 2PM on the evening events. I take a half day. Man up.
Old May 3, 2010, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dbsears
This one falls on a Wednesday, but the Porsche club is hold a lapping day on the 22nd of May at Pacific and it's on a Saturday. Best of all, the price is actually a few $ cheaper than the weekday Alfa events, only $205 for the Porsche club and $220 for the Alfa. I'm registered for the May 22nd running, but currently #3 on the waitlist. The thing to do is check out the Pacific raceways schedule on their site.

Originally Posted by RoninVIIIRS
I believe they start running at 4pm. Check in and tech would probably be a few hours earlier before run time.
You're probably right, but I'm going off what the site says.

Last edited by Caesar; May 3, 2010 at 04:53 PM.
Old May 3, 2010, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

I have this on the calendar and will be pushing hard to make this event. Dont think that OEM pads/rotors/lines will cut it though......

Perhaps those with experience on this track can give input on what a safe minimum for braking hardware would be to run here? (tires: dunlop star spec's)
Old May 3, 2010, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

^ Before I had my car on any track I did stainless steel lines, pads, and Super Blue; not sure if anyone has run an all stock brake setup at Pacific. Star Specs are good tires.
Old May 3, 2010, 05:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ryan.Kauz
I have this on the calendar and will be pushing hard to make this event. Dont think that OEM pads/rotors/lines will cut it though......

Perhaps those with experience on this track can give input on what a safe minimum for braking hardware would be to run here? (tires: dunlop star spec's)
How much seat time do you have racing? How much HP?
For a minimum you need high temp brake fluid and 1/2 pad left on the fronts. Highly recomended would be a better brake pad for the front. DS2500 type pad. I don't think pacific is terribly horrible on brakes, but its the last thing you want to fail on your car...
Old May 3, 2010, 06:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ryan.Kauz

I ran stock pads once, they will fade if you're driving more than 5/10. Probably ok for learning the track though. Ferodo DS2500 kind of work, but they too will fade if the car is driven anywhere near its capabilities and they tend to transfer material unevenly to the rotor causing big time vibration if overheated. I don't know of any street pads that will work well, perhaps others can chime in.

Its also wise to get some high temp brake fluid like ATE Blue or Motul or others, especially if you haven't changed the brake fluid in the last year since it absorbs water which will boil on the track sending the brake pedal to the floor when you stomp on it.

Stock lines & rotors are fine.

Quick Reply: Alfa Lapping Day (Evening Event)