Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Washington State petition for removing front plates!

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2010, 08:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by whiteflash
I just got a 124 dollar ticket for no front plate in Tacoma. You would think Tacoma police would have better things to do, like catch criminals.

+1 worst crime area ive ever lived in
Old May 6, 2010, 09:05 PM

man...tacoma. I don't even like driving through it.
Old May 6, 2010, 10:29 PM

If i were you guys, I would actually goto Olympia and talk to someone thats willing to listen. Maybe it would work better =)
Old May 6, 2010, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by dbsears
I've signed all the others so I might at well sign this one. My cure is I don't run a front plate regardless

Edit: Guess I have already signed this long ago.
+1. I swear you can find this exact same post nearly every other year in this forum . For you guys with no front plates hope this one works out
Old May 6, 2010, 10:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by whiteflash
I just got a 124 dollar ticket for no front plate in Tacoma. You would think Tacoma police would have better things to do, like catch criminals.
From what I hear, they are the criminals.

Anyway, mine is still registered in OR. I wonder if I can get writen up by a WA cop for not having my OR front on?? hmm..
Old May 6, 2010, 11:55 PM
Evolved Member

signed, i have gotten a ticket for this and still dont run one, i just keep it in my car with me...
Old May 7, 2010, 05:47 AM

I remember the Deception Pass run. Didn't Jordon get pulled over for no plate... since the cop was just wanting to pull people from our group over?
Old May 7, 2010, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BellyD
I remember the Deception Pass run. Didn't Jordon get pulled over for no plate... since the cop was just wanting to pull people from our group over?
Yep, Jordan and I both got pulled over at the same time!

Mikey
Old May 7, 2010, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

i never run a front plate on any of my cars, been pulled over for many other things but the cops never say anything about the front plate :/
Old May 7, 2010, 08:09 AM

You guys think front plate is bad? try getting pulled over and having the cop tell you he pulled you over on suspicion of stolen vehicle, right as i was pulling out of work...ROFL then telling me it was illegal to have no rear seats and no rear seatbelts, and then finally when the ticket was all said and done, he wrote me for improper headlight color $152, and modified exhaust $146.

And the headlight thing is bs because the rcw he wrote me for says unless its not working or aimed improperly, a cop cannot give a citation for color or tint, HA!
Old May 7, 2010, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

This petition is really old. It was already shot down last year. The reason we have front plates in Washington is so the state patrol has a flat object 90 degrees from the road surface for a radar/laser target. Slippery vehicles like 'vettes are really hard to shoot w/out a front plate.

Just got a ticket 6 weeks ago for no front plate...$174 or something...
Old May 7, 2010, 08:27 AM
Evolving Member

"It appears as though you have already signed this petition." Bummer

This petition is very old, its the one that got shot down lol. My names already on it.
Old May 7, 2010, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GTisRule
The reason we have front plates in Washington is so the state patrol has a flat object 90 degrees from the road surface for a radar/laser target. Slippery vehicles like 'vettes are really hard to shoot w/out a front plate.

Are you sure that's the reason? In Alberta they got rid of front plates years ago, and the cops can still tag you. They don't need a flat, perpendicular surface to tag you with - lasers/radar can bounce off pretty much anything. I've been tagged by laser while driving an exotic with no front plate - slippery or not, they can still register your speed lol

I wonder if it has more to do with seeing your plate from the front, and having a better opportunity of grabbing a marker when moving. I'm guessing Washington doesn't have photo radar that tags you from the front?
Old May 7, 2010, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MadPatter
Are you sure that's the reason? In Alberta they got rid of front plates years ago, and the cops can still tag you. They don't need a flat, perpendicular surface to tag you with - lasers/radar can bounce off pretty much anything. I've been tagged by laser while driving an exotic with no front plate - slippery or not, they can still register your speed lol

I wonder if it has more to do with seeing your plate from the front, and having a better opportunity of grabbing a marker when moving. I'm guessing Washington doesn't have photo radar that tags you from the front?
Yeah I'm sure. The front plate isn't the only thing that will reflect the signal, it just helps a lot.
Old May 7, 2010, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

ive been stopped for no plate and for exhaust but ive never gotten a ticket, it's always a warning. of course i say that and now im going to get one. but i'll fight it.

Quick Reply: Washington State petition for removing front plates!