Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Washington State petition for removing front plates!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2011, 04:00 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
You're missing my point.

Common cars, the back of the car with photo isn't enough. Their argument is, you need to see the driver, the plate and front of car all in the same photo. The rear shot is a secondary shot. It's more important to have the driver and plate number in the same photo, than separate photos.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 08:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by migs647
Prius, I was making a point that there are a lot of cars that look the same. If they took a photo of the front of the car and didn't have a license plate # to back it up, it'd be much more difficult to prove in court. If they have your car + license plate in photo, a lot easier to prove.

And yah, I'm sure some day those cameras will be checking all of that. Sucks, but that's the future, watched all the time, yay.
the modern traffic lights do not "take pictures". They are video cameras and still frames are taken from the video. When you get a ticket in the mail, you get a link to the video and pictures online....my friend got one
Old Mar 1, 2011, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GTisRule
No, I've been ticketed for having it in my dash. The police officer made a perfectly valid point of why too.... when you get rear ended, the plate will leave the dash with the force of the impact... making an excellent guillotine for your passenger...

I solved my license plate delima this weekend. 8 zip ties, some dremel work and a washer and now my front plate/holder is in place. AND you can only see 2 of the zip ties from the outside. I think even a redneck would be proud of my install lol.
The requirement for having the license plate on the front of the car has everything to do with being able to easily identify your vehicle and absolutely nothing to do with a safety concern from having the license plate on your dash. Laws of physics still apply to license plates. F (force)= M*A (mass times acceleration)....this means that the force applied to your head or face by the flying plate in a wreck would depend on the mass of the plate...and the acceleration applied to the plate by the forces of the wreck. In a wreck the only acceleration on the plate is that imparted by the car trying to move it forward. In reality, Newton's law of motion having to do with inertia is what is creating the motion of the plate relative to your head. This law states that an object at rest tends to stay at rest until another force is applied to it...probably going way too deep with this, but suffice it to say that most of us have a lot more deadly things that might be flying around our cars in a wreck than a license plate...
Old Mar 1, 2011, 09:28 PM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by spdngdragon
the modern traffic lights do not "take pictures". They are video cameras and still frames are taken from the video. When you get a ticket in the mail, you get a link to the video and pictures online....my friend got one
Oregon hasn't moved up in the world yet . We still get pictures.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah what are the chances you get rear ended hard enough at the right angle to get the plate to slice your neck in half lol. I dont think it should matter as long as they got the plate in the photo I mean its the only car with that plate. but hey there are 4 or 5 other yellow lancers around i could steal their plates and run lights
Old Mar 1, 2011, 09:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by migs647
Oregon hasn't moved up in the world yet . We still get pictures.
LOL I used to live in Montana, they use tracks instead of pictures :P

jk but seriously I never saw a camera at all there...
Old Mar 1, 2011, 09:59 PM
EvoM Community Team

HAHAHAH @ Tracks . Tracked by a midget Indian named Howe.

HOW DOES HE ALWAYS FIND MEH!
Old Mar 6, 2011, 02:41 PM
Evolving Member

I just f-booked it!
Old Mar 6, 2011, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

This is way old. My gf gets tickets for traffic cams constantly, never once has it been from the front. The rear has a license plate and its not hard to see, your car doesn't change from the front to back, a rear shot of your car with your license plate is your car. Whether your in the shot or not.

Law says the front plate has to be attached to the vehicle no more than four feet from the ground, must be visible. I have mine suction cupped to my front windshield, VERY visible and definitely no more than four feet and still get tickets. It doesn't matter what you do or say if the cop wants to give you a ticket he is going to. It also doesn't help to ask if they have anything better to do, lol, but that was my second time that day for nothing but looks. Anyone that's lived in Marysville knows most those cops are ******.

I took a print out of the RCW to court, but he wrote in the ticket there was NO front plate so whatever I said didn't mean ****.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

yes! everyone join! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=56436500265
Old Mar 11, 2011, 12:03 PM

I hate having a front plate, kills the look of any clean car
Old Mar 11, 2011, 01:31 PM
EvoM Community Team

I don't like it on the CT9A, I think it looks clean on the CZ4A. It's completely out of the way of the vents. On the CT9A, no matter where you put it, it's in the way.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

seen this so many times, WILL NEVER HAPPEN!
Old Mar 19, 2011, 11:02 PM
Evolving Member

Signed. !!! I hate front plates.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 11:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bradze
seen this so many times, WILL NEVER HAPPEN!
Agreed. I did this 3 years in a row on multiple forums and nothing ever happens. I guess Ill just keep running the risk by not rolling a front plate *knock on wood*.

Quick Reply: Washington State petition for removing front plates!