Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Transmission Fluid

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2010, 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by iseedipp
i had amsoil for 600 miles and loved it i got a 5th gear grind which wasn't related to the tranny fluid at all after i got my clutch installed. I switched to oem diaqueen which i got for virtually the same price as my amsoil but mitsubishi dealership that i called wouldn't warranty my tranny without oem fluids so after my synchro gets fixed i will be switching back to amsoil. My tranny is a lot notchier in shifting and my grind is worse with oem diaqueen.

cliffnotes: Amsoil FTW!
Originally Posted by apagan01
My friend Magnuson Act, is a law passed that prohibits any OEM manufacturer or dealer to deny your waranty because of using after market products,,,, AS LONG AS THEY MEET EXCEED OEM SPECS. AMSOIL exceeds Mitsu specs by far
i had all amsoil fluids in my car soon to be all minus brake fluid. All vehicles that i own will now have amsoil fluid.

apagn i've already posted this and talked to bob the oil doc about this. there's no sense in getting in a pissing match with mitsu over tranny fluid. Since i'm already running an aftermarket exedy stage 2 clutch. It's easier for me to just spend the $34 for diaqueen and then purchase some more amsoil.
Originally Posted by apagan01
i am passive guy, no reason to even mention that. peopl will buy what they feel is best for their 30+ K investment
i posted that because you were talking about the magnusson moss act. i want amsoil tranny fluid. i think you need to re-read everything that i said and you said.
Old May 22, 2010, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

I love Amsoil... +1 for running that in the tranny.
Old May 22, 2010, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

WOW so much Hostility in here over some oil! Cant we all just run Penzoil ATF? Oh wait this isnt where I parked my car!
Old May 22, 2010, 06:41 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Aaron20
WOW so much Hostility in here over some oil! Cant we all just run Penzoil ATF? Oh wait this isnt where I parked my car!
either i am dumb and i am lost,,, ! but i dont sence no hostility from this thread i think there is some confussion and some people trying to communicate.
Old May 22, 2010, 06:43 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i posted that because you were talking about the magnusson moss act. i want amsoil tranny fluid. i think you need to re-read everything that i said and you said.
your cool,,, i think i was trying to answer your question about waranty issues with anything aftermarket.

thats why a hate so much internet writting, real communication most of it gets lost in the typing,,,,

we were always on the same page
Old May 23, 2010, 04:42 AM

AMS Redline Lightweight Shockproof In the tranny and Heavy Shockproof in the rear diff and front transfercase. I have tracked my car hard and have had no grinding gear shifts or any probles so far whith my old 350whp setup.

I was told that a FP RED was too big for road racing, so i bought an FP BLACK!

2.0 4G63 Long Rod, Manley stroker Pistons, Manley 156mm rods, Cosworth M2, Dual Springs, JMF o2 Dump, Tanabe 3" turbo Back, Quartermaster Twin Disk Clutch, Brake Cooling ducts, Ferodo 2500, DBA Rotors, Mustache Bar, LW Cross Member, AEM-EMS, 1350 FIC, Lots of bushings and Swift R Springs and oh yeah FP BLACK