Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Looking for a shop

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2010 | 10:41 PM

Looking for a shop

Just like the title says, I am looking at an Evo 8 this weekend and want to bring it to a shop for inspection. The car is in lynwood, and I have heard there is a shop in mill creek?
Any suggestions/experiences etc would be great
Old May 20, 2010 | 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

"show me the carfax" !
Old May 20, 2010 | 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

There is a mistubishi dealership in Lynwood. Get a official inspection and request that they confirm what parts ares till under warranty and what parts have been voided. (mitsu used to be famous for voiding warranties)
Old May 20, 2010 | 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ryan.Kauz
There is a mistubishi dealership in Lynwood. Get a official inspection and request that they confirm what parts ares till under warranty and what parts have been voided. (mitsu used to be famous for voiding warranties)
There isn't a Mitsubishi dealer in the state of WA that I'd trust to do a good inspection.

That said, if it's in Lynnhood, it's most likely on a used car lot? Don't buy it. Period. EVERY used car lot in Lynnhood is shady (in the world?), if it's at a new car dealer, you have a better bet of getting a decent car.
Old May 20, 2010 | 06:27 PM

It is a private party car, not at one of the shady dealers. As for the mitsu dealer, I just don't really like dealers overall so a performance shop would be best. Also it is past the warranty, so i'm not too worried about that.
Old May 21, 2010 | 12:35 AM
Evolved Member

I'm not sure if Arsenal checks out cars, or VTR? They are close-ish to Lynnhood.
Old May 21, 2010 | 06:19 AM

Where is the car from? Have you asked around to see if it belonged to someone on here, or if someone on here knows info about the car? Might want to.
Old May 21, 2010 | 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by BellyD
Where is the car from? Have you asked around to see if it belonged to someone on here, or if someone on here knows info about the car? Might want to.
Yeah, I posted in in the noob forums,
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...t-new-guy.html

That has the car and info. I am getting a bit frustrated though as the seller does not seem to have that much interest in actually getting it sold, takes a while to get back to get back to me.
The last email I sent him I asked if the lifters were bled and the valve springs upgraded when the cams were done (tomei procam 280's), and mentioned I wanted to see it this weekend and have a shop look at it, and buy it if it checked out. 2 days no response yet so we will see.
If anyone knows the car let me know