Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

MitsubishiParts.NET Meet | 8.14.2010 | Olympia WA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2010, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What happened with the 240 owners? Wish I could have stayed until 4 but I had to leave a little early to head down to Oregon before it got too late! I had a blast, and will definitely come again next year.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah I missed the drama with the 240's, maybe they like my car cause I have stretched tires! I was too busy staying cool and not dripping with sweat!

Definitly a good turnout! Next time we should all roll down again but take all 3 lanes of i5 and block traffic! lol -Like a big ol clump of evos!

After party was fun, it was good meeting some of you and kicking it since I never really come out-

Yeah Russ, forgot to grab that shirt- dammit! You will see me again, I'm sure you have more I can buy-

Nice score too on the raffle (rally armor mud flaps)

-Rob
Old Aug 15, 2010, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

drama? what happened?

I wish I bought the white Mitsubishiparts.net shirt with the viii, ix and x front end. Is there more left??
Old Aug 15, 2010, 12:29 PM
Evolving Member

I wanted the one that had them in Red but it was greyyyyy Can you make a white one with red cars on them? haha
Old Aug 15, 2010, 12:45 PM
Plat Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
We have tons of shirts left and we are going to be ordering more. Once I get in next week and try to catch up all the work Ive left behind for 2 weeks and clean up all of the event stuff I will have to do a shirt inventory. We sold a lot of shirts, but had a lot to start with so just call me, pm me or something and I will get them out to you guys.

Im planning to get some more shirts - white shirts with red evos is certainly doable and would have made more since for a day like yesterday. Most people like the dark shirts, but white was a hit too.

Hopefully within the next 3-4 months I will be able to work up a complete clothing line of our stuff. Hats, shirts, etc etc etc. Im a bit of a boutique ***** so it should be interesting.

This event helped build my confidence and will be a launch pad for some bigger and better things coming up. Im thinking we may have to do something in the winter time when nothing is going on, but I will have to ponder on that one.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

As far as the drama, there wasn't much to miss and it wasn't worth mentioning at the event even. Just when driving up I was the first parked (Mikey's dirty-fast car) and when the rest of you guys were parking some of the 240 owners had a look of disgust and said things to the effect of "thanks for turning your cars off, they were making my car stink."

Later there were 240 owners grouped together talking trash about and how they exist as a company, basically trying to get anyone to get into it with them. It was definitely some whatever moments that certainly make it difficult to "cross the line" and try to enjoy each other's company.

BTW - those old Datsuns were great, and the owners were fun to talk to. Definitely some passionate people with an appreciation of that history.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by russellm
what happened?

+1
Old Aug 15, 2010, 04:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by yahu
As far as the drama, there wasn't much to miss and it wasn't worth mentioning at the event even. Just when driving up I was the first parked (Mikey's dirty-fast car) and when the rest of you guys were parking some of the 240 owners had a look of disgust and said things to the effect of "thanks for turning your cars off, they were making my car stink."

Later there were 240 owners grouped together talking trash about and how they exist as a company, basically trying to get anyone to get into it with them. It was definitely some whatever moments that certainly make it difficult to "cross the line" and try to enjoy each other's company.

BTW - those old Datsuns were great, and the owners were fun to talk to. Definitely some passionate people with an appreciation of that history.
Wow..didnt know that there was ppl making trouble. C'mon its a car meet, its a place to get to know one another dispite what car you have and just have fun. Those kind of ppl should just stay home.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

^agreed. I didn't let it get to me. Jordon was having a hard time ignoring it (of course, haha!).
Old Aug 15, 2010, 07:12 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Also, during the first announcement, they said it may mean more events like that to come, and someone yelled out "Less mitsubishis next time!"

I mean come on... if it's gonna be like that, I'd rather not drive 250 miles to be there. I did it mainly to support Russell and all the help he's given me over the years. Besides the drama, it was a well done event. A+ Russell.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 09:05 PM
Evolving Member

kids like that are why its hard to get me to come to these things, overall it was pretty good though
Old Aug 15, 2010, 09:06 PM

I had a great time and the after party was a blast! Hopefully have pictures online tomorrow evening.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 10:09 PM
Evolved Member

^is this Brian? I'm Daniel. It was good meeting you guys from OR! The afterparty was a blast, but I had to get home and catch up on some sleep (and I live 1+ hour North of Samy).
Old Aug 15, 2010, 10:43 PM
Evolved Member

Face it, most of the 240 people are upset because they can't afford an Evo, nor do they have the money to actually make their cars fast.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 11:23 PM
Evolving Member

The event was good way hot out, After party was great washington can throw down haha

Quick Reply: MitsubishiParts.NET Meet | 8.14.2010 | Olympia WA