Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

In need of help from a Portland area evo owner

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2010, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by migs647
Man, you are a strip club fiend ;p
I didn't say I was going, I said maybe someone from the ER crew!

I do like the clubs down in Portland. That and they closed pretty much all the joints up here. There is also the fact that I have a pair of ***** and a pulse!

BTW OP, which movie did you go see last night?
Old Aug 6, 2010, 08:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by yahu
I didn't say I was going, I said maybe someone from the ER crew!

I do like the clubs down in Portland. That and they closed pretty much all the joints up here. There is also the fact that I have a pair of ***** and a pulse!

BTW OP, which movie did you go see last night?

the other guys

was pretty funny, however due to my line of work it is a PAIN to watch cop movies that are so far off base

Ok I am going to try and call english racing first see if they can look at it today (im 100% sure they cant) Then ill try the mitsu dealer
Old Aug 6, 2010, 08:08 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
English is gone until monday, they are doing some racing back east.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 08:27 AM
Evolving Member

English is gone until monday, they are doing some racing back east.
Yeah just found that out . I called town an country and they said bring it on in... I then called and talk to the dealer he said no problem at all so it looks good... Ima call the bank and see if They will void the check I currently have and reissue to the dealer in Oregon.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Another cop amongst us?

BTW - that Evo is too high priced, IMO, and hopefully you already know that. If everything checks out, I don't think I'd offer more than about 18k or so. As mentioned in the thread, there are pretty nice Evos that go for sale regularly in the NW Marketplace, and you would at least get a chance to meet the owner, see how passionate they are (said: are they a punk kid that didn't give a crap, or did they meticulously maintain the car, etc.), get feedback from other members, etc.

FWIW, I owe less than that on my 2006 MR, and I haven't been good at all about paying down my loan. Don't rush into something just cause you think you have to have it today. Be patient for the good deal to come to you.

Hopefully I'm preaching to the choir.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 09:38 AM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by yahu
FWIW, I owe less than that on my 2006 MR, and I haven't been good at all about paying down my loan. Don't rush into something just cause you think you have to have it today. Be patient for the good deal to come to you.

Hopefully I'm preaching to the choir.
^---- THIS!!!!

I feel it's really important to talk to the previous owner. To read what kind of person they are, how they took care of it, etc. If it's some punk who launched the car 20 times, you can expect to replace a t.case. I hate buying from dealers / wholesalers for this very reason. I NEED TO KNOW the previous owner. I've been burned too many times before.

And +1 on the price needing to come down another 2k. With Evo X's going for 30k, it's important to realize the previous gens come down.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 09:48 AM

http://www.portlandmitsubishi.com/ closest dealer to Milwaukee
Old Aug 6, 2010, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

I'm at the bank now getting my loan re done since it was set up for the old blue evo

The dealer won't sell for below 19990 and I figured that was a about on par, the best evo i found in that past month in a half was the blue 2005 57k mi and I was wilingtp pay 18750 ... I'm doing a 16k loan and 4k down
Old Aug 6, 2010, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

I know kbb is only a point of reference but it values way higher and seems pretty decent from what I've been finding... Am I crazy?
Old Aug 6, 2010, 10:05 AM
EvoM Community Team

KBB is way off now days because of the recession. Many of the Xs had to go on 0% APR for 60 months + heavy rebates to get rid of them. This drove the prices down really far in a short amount of time. I KNOW you can do better than 19990, I'd tell them you only have 18990 and that's it. I bet you they say ok. Don't act like you are going to buy the car today either. Play it off like you just came to look at it. Don't tell them you have the money waiting for it.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

Unfortunatley the damage there has been done . Only way to get the bank to be ready and give me a check was to require a purchase order. Perhaps I'll e able to bargain after the used veh inspection at town and country. ... Guess I shoulda prepared more ... Never bought from a dealer and I made it clear I will not drive to Oregon if they are going to sick me around. I made em confirm I will leave paying the 19990 lol
Old Aug 6, 2010, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Be patient, see if your bank will preapprove you for the $16K, then just fill in the check WHEN you find the car you want. For 20k I would be looking to get into an Evo 9, not an 8.

I know of atleast 2 local cars that are IMO much better deals.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...lution-ix.html

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/no...good-mods.html

Plus i am sure Forsaken will be pretty reasonable on his asking price for his Red IX since he picked up a 2nd Evo recently.

Last edited by nemsin; Aug 6, 2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 10:21 AM
EvoM Community Team

I'd definitely try the angle of lowering the price after inspection. I mean $1k isn't much, basically a new set of brakes? new set of tires? full tune up? worn out seats? paint damage (it is a black car)? cracked windshield (about $300 there)? peeling clear on the wing? There are a lot of things you can ding them on.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 10:23 AM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by nemsin
Be patient, see if your bank will preapprove you for the $16K, then just fill in the check WHEN you find the car you want. For 20k I would be looking to get into an Evo 9, not an 8.

I know of atleast 2 local cars that are IMO much better deals.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...lution-ix.html

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/no...good-mods.html
Exactly.

Way too many miles on them (70k, eek)

Last edited by migs647; Aug 6, 2010 at 10:25 AM.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

Exactly.

Way too many miles on them (70k, eek)
Alright, well I will definitely try to angle down some after inspection... the check is for 16 and the remainder will be cash, so hopefully 18k or 18500 in their face will make it easier to accept. Ill be staying the night in portland with my girl/my dog, Ill post with my phone how things are going, hopefully ill get em down, but as long as the inspection checks out im pretty confident ill get it... then i gotta break the news to the other guy