Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Umm I need a wide body...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2011, 11:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That rear end looks like is gonna give you some problems. I don't see how you could possible take a very sharp turn going fast with the rears sticking out like that. At that ride height, it just looks like the tires are gonna eat it. You might just have to roll the crap out of the back (this will no doubt distort the panel), and do some bodywork to the rears.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 11:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Justin, you're going to cut through your rear tires like that. Its not only unsafe, it's dumb.

This isn't a racer versus non-racer argument... this is from a functionality standpoint. Supergluing your wheels on isn't smart... neither is running the rear wheels with that offset and alignment on your car. They will not tuck under bump....the fenders will come down and cut the rear tires. If this happens at speed there is a good chance you could wreck as a result of it.

Fixes for your problem.... run as much negative camber as possible, roll and pull the crap out of the rear fenders, stretch a set of 235's on the rear. Those are the HellaFlush guidelines... Or get a widebody for several thousand dollars...

OR JUST GET WHEELS THAT FIT.

This is just plain dumb Justin.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 05:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I already said im fixing my problems by pullling the rear fenders. they are already rolled so it has a rounded edge that isnt cutting the tire. Please just give me a chance to fix it, I dont even have coilovers on yet, once i get them on i can raise the back up some. only reason i havent already is because i cant with just springs.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

Good numbers! Who can do some nice fender rolling/pulling without messing em' up? Closer to Olympia the better.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Good luck with the roll and pull.... you're going to buckle your quarters.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 10:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by D Grade
Good numbers! Who can do some nice fender rolling/pulling without messing em' up? Closer to Olympia the better.
Sheet metal is sheet metal. You can do a light roll and get away with minor flaws (at least noticeable to me). Heavy roll and pulling will distort any sheet metal. Sheet metal is already thin as it is. There is no such thing as without messing them up, unless you leave the car as it was meant to be.

Last edited by RoninVIIIRS; Jan 8, 2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 10:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You wanna know what i think? You're a moron. your going to shred your quarters. no matter how rounded and smooth they are. the tire will grab the sheet metal and rip it apart and shower other motorists with your shrapnel.
my favorite thing about our cars was the price. it kept ricer ****s like you from buying one and making them look like **** with retarded *** offsets and gay *** vinyls. lucky for us yours wont be on the road much longer after your tire rips open your quarter and totals your car.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by joseph143
You wanna know what i think? You're a moron. your going to shred your quarters. no matter how rounded and smooth they are. the tire will grab the sheet metal and rip it apart and shower other motorists with your shrapnel.
my favorite thing about our cars was the price. it kept ricer ****s like you from buying one and making them look like **** with retarded *** offsets and gay *** vinyls. lucky for us yours wont be on the road much longer after your tire rips open your quarter and totals your car.
tell us how you really feel
Old Jan 8, 2011, 11:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
stupid people make me angry...
Old Jan 9, 2011, 01:29 AM
Evolved Member

Justin isn't stupid and I feel bad for berating him as much as I have. I just don't think he understands the amount of work that this offset requires...
Old Jan 9, 2011, 03:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
Justin isn't stupid and I feel bad for berating him as much as I have. I just don't think he understands the amount of work that this offset requires...
i do eric, ive done all my own work, please remember what this car looked like when i got it.