Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Anodizing on the west side of Washington

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2011, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anodizing on the west side of Washington

I just moved up here and I am needing to get my surge tank anodized before I switch to e85. Does anyone have any recommendations? I have emailed English Racing and ETS, but I am still open to suggestions. I live in the Olympia area, but travel up to Camano Island and down to Portland often, so basically anywhere in between would be awesome.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Might want to try Performance Coatings or American Powdercoaters (theyre pretty close to one another in Auburn, WA). American Powdercoaters MAY do it or MAY know who can do it. Good luck!
Old Jan 27, 2011, 02:20 PM

I just moved up here and I am needing to get my surge tank anodized before I switch to e85. Does anyone have any recommendations
Whats your surge tank made out of? If its decent aluminum it should be fine. There is allot of back and forth on this topic, I called ER when I was making my twin pump & aluminum surge tank combo for my car and they said it should be fine. I will find out here for sure when I come home in a month I will drain the E85 out of the line and see if Its contaminated at all.

Do you have any pics of your setup?

Last edited by DKC6691; Jan 27, 2011 at 02:25 PM. Reason: adding info
Old Jan 27, 2011, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by krisiun
I just moved up here and I am needing to get my surge tank anodized before I switch to e85. Does anyone have any recommendations? I have emailed English Racing and ETS, but I am still open to suggestions. I live in the Olympia area, but travel up to Camano Island and down to Portland often, so basically anywhere in between would be awesome.
how often do you come up to Camano Island? I live on CI and I haven't seen you that I'm aware of. I could be wrong as my brain isn't what it used to be, I do drive an Evo!
Old Jan 28, 2011, 09:04 AM

Dkc, I can post pics here in a bit, currently in Yakima on my way to Lacey so I don't have a stable connection. I have the prototype Evodynamics surge tank setup, and it was recommended that I have it coated. I am not sure what gauge of Aluminum was used, but the owner is an aerospace engineer so it should be good enough lol. I had no issues on my IX with using E85 and aluminum, so maybe I will test it. I did just get a 4th email back from ER saying they didn't have issues with aluminum and ethanol

Aaron, my best friend lives up on Camano. I was there in October for my wedding anniversary and now back for a contract job so I should be on the island a lot more. He lives on the south end by that little store that does BBQ.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 12:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here are a couple commercial anodizing companies around the area:

Production Plating - Mukilteo
Electro Finish - Kent
Asko Processing - Fremont/Seattle
East Side Plating - Portland

We send out parts pretty much every day. East Side Plating is the best. They do primarily nickle plating but just started anodizing. Look at about 1-2 weeks for turn around time though.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 07:55 PM

im also located in oly, i think ive seen ur evo parked at the walgreens parking lot a couple times.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 09:38 PM

If you are talking to me, my Evo hasn't been to a Walgreens up here. It is a PB X lowered on ast's with bronze TE37's.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by krisiun
If you are talking to me, my Evo hasn't been to a Walgreens up here. It is a PB X lowered on ast's with bronze TE37's.
oh you are new. lets meet up sometime!