Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Flipped Off!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2011, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WTF where do you guys drive? I don't get revved at, flipped off, stared down, anything. Ever.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

In NZ evo drivers are mostly alright, more so with the newer ones. Honda drivers flak all the abuse here. That's mostly cause they're mostly kids out to stir up trouble. I've seen hondas flipped upside down in the middle of the road by a group of guys in another car cause the Honda guys ticked off the wrong people.

Last edited by AndyCT9W; Jun 8, 2011 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old Jun 8, 2011, 09:57 PM

I think I get more nasty looks and flipped the bird in Cummins more than I do in my Evo..... but the thing about the cummins is the fact that they can flip me off or give me the thumbs down or say trucks are for rednecks not someone who wears DC's or Volcom (yes ive gotten that before when ive been in my truck) but they can say all that to me because im lifted about 6 inches with a 5 inch exhaust upgraded fuel plate and edge chip so all i do is wait till they move into the slow lane throw it in 3rd or 4th depending on speed and just lug on it and pour smoke into there open windows usually lowered honda owners have the best effect
Old Jun 8, 2011, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by F0RSAKEN
WTF where do you guys drive? I don't get revved at, flipped off, stared down, anything. Ever.

This was my thought! Either that or what your car looks like... LOL

I never have this issue. I have it more in my work truck than I do in my Evo.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 10:30 PM
Evolving Member

I get fly byes from civics. I ignore them because I pay like .40 cents more per gallon not worth burning 93 oct vs their 87. haha
Old Jun 8, 2011, 11:30 PM

people pace me constantly on the freeway, I hate it... donno what they are doing but it's awkward. I get revved at sometimes by ricers. Street bikes always rev. But I mostly just get "nice car" or thumbs up....except one time when all of us evo's got the thumbs down from a 240sx and a booooo from a honda seconds later lol! I love haterz too.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 11:40 PM
Evolving Member

On my way home from the pool hall some guy in a vw golf tried to race me. I just went the speed limit. No point in wasting gas.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 06:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Chadwick4477
I think I get more nasty looks and flipped the bird in Cummins more than I do in my Evo..... but the thing about the cummins is the fact that they can flip me off or give me the thumbs down or say trucks are for rednecks not someone who wears DC's or Volcom (yes ive gotten that before when ive been in my truck) but they can say all that to me because im lifted about 6 inches with a 5 inch exhaust upgraded fuel plate and edge chip so all i do is wait till they move into the slow lane throw it in 3rd or 4th depending on speed and just lug on it and pour smoke into there open windows usually lowered honda owners have the best effect
Dude I get the same s*** when I'm in my Lightning. Some guy at the track once told me "hey do u have hay in the back of that pick up?" then I smoked his srt4 with an 11 sec run... When we came back to the lanes I asked him If he saw any hay fly out while he was behind me? Lol
Old Jun 9, 2011, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, no middle fingers here... Had a girl blow a kiss at me and wave this weekend though haha...
Old Jun 9, 2011, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
flicked off twice, 1st when taking the on ramp, guy in front was also taking the on ramp but i didnt know he was going to wait till the last few feet to jump on so i boosted past him like i always do when i jump on, then hit traffic he flashes finger and jumps onto local lanes. at the end of the local lanes we meet again and just for fun i cut in front of him and drive slow for a few and drive off.
2nd time i was following traffic in the fast lane on 2 lane highway doing 80 with everyone else, then one car behind everyone wants to go faster and starts cutting through and get stuck and starts flashing at me to move when theres nowhere to go, hole open up and he flys by me with finger out, so i just followed with highbeams on for a min.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

OP: Stop being a *****. Challenge them to a game of 8 or 9-ball, $5 per ball. They drive a benzo so they obviously have no taste (why you would overpay for that brand is beyond stupid!) and more money then they know what to do with.......

Please remember: Your a rank 8, take it to the pool hall.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

I haven't been flipped off yet but I have flipped off someone before and Ill explain. During the Supra meet down in Centralia, four of us encountered thumbs down twice within two minutes from eachother. One was from a lowered 90-93 Accord, the other was from an S14 that was turbo'd with a big floppy body kit and stock wheels. I was saying to myself that strike three will get the bird. Sure enough, a couple days later, a group of us Evo's were pulling into the Frys parking lot to meet up to go to the Subie meet we were invited to when a boosted blue EK ha
Old Jun 9, 2011, 10:38 AM
Evolving Member

*hit reply too soon on phone*.... when a boosted blue EK hatch with two punk kids gave us a thumbs down. I proceeded to extend my middle finger as straight as I could while looking straight at him. He proceeded to exhibit his lack of traction as he left the parking lot, and I felt wonderful carrying on with my evening festivities. Moralof the story, if you deseeve the bird, you should receive it. But just driving alongcand receiving it is unacceptable. I would flip it back.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 12:34 PM

I've never been flipped off before while driving my EVO, but I do have a lot of people showing me I'm #1 and using their middle finger to do it. And, I've owned it for a year and the only cars to rev at me are Toyota Corollas type-s 4-door...
Old Jun 9, 2011, 01:05 PM

Hmm, i've never been flipped off when driving the evo. Gotten waves, kisses blown, a few "that's hot" comments and every once in awhile a race attempt, which makes me laugh.

I've seen a lot of Evo drivers driving like DBs on the street so some of the negative attention may be our own responsibility. Folks gotta remember you represent the whole brand when you drive like an *******.

Quick Reply: Flipped Off!!!