Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Flipped Off!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2011, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i get it everyday but who cares
Old Jun 9, 2011, 02:45 PM

On tuesday turning into the dyno a english a guy flipped me off and almost rear ended me as i was turning since im lowered he didnt stop. i flipped him off back and contiued to pull around the building.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

I have been flipped off, complimented, gotten the thumbs up and down. I have even had peeps try and follow me. I also got pulled over once so a cop could check out my car!

But you have to be careful, some guy in a prius got shot dead on the 110 fwy today. Lots of crazies out there.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

On the way up to Andrew's BBQ last saturday a White 08 Lancer GTS got onto I-5 N on the 320th Carpool on-ramp alone (where he stayed the whole time)he would pace me for a while then take off as fast as possible. He did it multiple times all the way until Mountlake terrace. He would shoot across 3-4 lanes of traffic at a time, cut off other drivers. I never raced him, however I showed my friends what my car sounded like in the tunnel portion of the express lanes. He didnt like that I went fast for that moment then decided to ride my bumper for a few moments, I could barely see his wipers in my rearview mirror. This guy flipped us off several times and we just tired to ignore him and enjoy the weather/drive up to Everett
Old Jun 9, 2011, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

^ Thats gay!
Old Jun 9, 2011, 03:40 PM

Maybe he was trying to tell you your #1
Old Jun 9, 2011, 03:49 PM
Evolving Member

Just got off work again today. On the same road saw the car. He decided to flip me off again. Two days in a row ive been flipped off by the same person. WTF is up with this guy. Im starting to get really irritaded by this person. He flips me off one more time
. I swear im gonna confront him.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by *.jdmevo8.*
Just got off work again today. On the same road saw the car. He decided to flip me off again. Two days in a row ive been flipped off by the same person. WTF is up with this guy. Im starting to get really irritaded by this person. He flips me off one more time
. I swear im gonna confront him.
its better to just tail him and get the plate, then report the vehicle/driver to 911 for road rage. No need to confront him. For all you know he's got a gun, or worse, has the intelligence of your average mid-westerner and just cant pronounce "mitsubishi".
Old Jun 9, 2011, 04:00 PM

I usually get a thumbs up not a middle finger lol
Old Jun 9, 2011, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I could swear the evo attracts dbags. I have been in more altercations on the street than I care to remember. Most of it could be avoided by:

1) Not using my horn to honk people that annoy me
2) Letting people cut in front instead of blocking them
3) Not letting other people's retarded driving offend you

The last two most recent times....

A guy was cutting across a four lane one way street in downtown SF at I **** you not 5 mph. He switched all the way from the left to the right. I was in lane #2 and he went across so I had to brake for him. As he did this I gave him a one second honk.

When we arrived at the light he said "What is your $%^&ing rush you *****?!?! You $%^&ing *****!!!" I was pretty pissed but I didn't really care enough to follow him.

I'm at a stage in my life where doing something stupid to retaliate would make me feel good for that moment, but I would feel like a stupid idiot sitting in jail for bashing his face in. Funny thing is he had custom plates and everybody has a friend at the DMV So don't risk your own life or your family's for one of these dumbasses. Your license plate is enough to locate your address. That is a fact.

Second incident just happened the other day. Some lady with an out of state plate is just driving like a complete dickhole. Cutting people off, swerving through traffic, tailing people....so I had enough at that point and when she tried to cut in front of me I snugged up on the car in front of me. She tried to pull the "force my way in" trick to get me to back off, so I just honked her every time she tried.

She eventually got in by picking on someone else and I ended up behind her. I stayed about two car lengths off her tail and then she hit her windshield washer which sprayed my car. Seriously nothing about road rage will ever produce anything good, even if they started it and deserve it. It sucks not doing anything, but it would suck worse to wreck your car or even worse get in a fight that lands you in jail or the hospital.

Moral of the story: Just let them be idiots and hopefully one day a cop sees it and nabs em. Other than that, just leave it be. You don't know which person has a gun on them and there are stupid enough people that dont care about going to jail. I've got too much going for me to risk it all on some person I don't know.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by wizechef
Dude I get the same s*** when I'm in my Lightning. Some guy at the track once told me "hey do u have hay in the back of that pick up?" then I smoked his srt4 with an 11 sec run... When we came back to the lanes I asked him If he saw any hay fly out while he was behind me? Lol

Life is full of stereotypical jack@ss's in this world man I live in western PA in prob the most depressed little town in the world. People are always looking for a fight or a deroggertory comment just to attempt to better there all time low self esteem.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 01:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by F0RSAKEN
WTF where do you guys drive? I don't get revved at, flipped off, stared down, anything. Ever.
that's because they don't want to tip you off for who might be making a yard sale out of your friend's ride later that night!

Originally Posted by mclaren
On the way up to Andrew's BBQ last saturday a White 08 Lancer GTS got onto I-5 N on the 320th Carpool on-ramp alone (where he stayed the whole time)he would pace me for a while then take off as fast as possible. He did it multiple times all the way until Mountlake terrace. He would shoot across 3-4 lanes of traffic at a time, cut off other drivers. I never raced him, however I showed my friends what my car sounded like in the tunnel portion of the express lanes. He didnt like that I went fast for that moment then decided to ride my bumper for a few moments, I could barely see his wipers in my rearview mirror. This guy flipped us off several times and we just tired to ignore him and enjoy the weather/drive up to Everett
Wow. What a dick!
Old Jun 10, 2011, 01:22 AM

Personally I think people that have road rage are hilarious. Nothing is more entertaining while driving home in traffic than watching someone with road rage pissed off because traffics barely moving haha.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 07:58 PM
Evolving Member

Didn't get the finger or thumbs down, but while on I-405 near Kirkland. I was crusing along in the center lane at about 65mph. The traffic was moderate and slowing a little bit. I was being lazy and just going with the flow. Finally I decided I should get over into the left lane to pass. There was an older lady in a nice Mercedes in the left lane, and she was driving weird, she kept speeding up and slowing down, and I was trying to figure out what the he|| she was doing so I watched for several miles and finally she slowed down and left some room in the left lane. So I sped up to about 70mph, flipped on my signal and slowly moved into the left lane and just as I did that, the lady floored it got on my bumper! She began to swerve left and right several times in her lane, as if I had just cut her off! She came up beside me with her phone up to her hear, looking at my car and pretending to talk to "The Police." I was pi$$ed and flipped her off with both fingers at the same time!! Haha ! Take that!

Oh, I got one more.
A few years ago I was with two friends coming from Seattle on 520 and merging on 405 North, I passed a slow moving car at about 75mph in the left lane, I then got back into the right lane just before the off ramp. He floored it and got on my a$$, turning on his brights and tailgating me all the way up the off/on ramp. He then started following us. I was getting nervous and I said to my friends, "Well, this guy is following us, looks like we are going to get into a fight." I'm not very big, but the two guys I had with me were both 200lb+, one guy is a black belt in full-contact Tae Kwon Do. He was very casual about it and said, "oh , well I guess so." Luckily the guy calmed down and got off at the next exit...

But its been calm now that I removed the tail. The tail is what does it. People see that and they want to mess with you.

Last edited by 02BLUR; Jun 12, 2011 at 08:06 PM. Reason: added another story!
Old Jun 12, 2011, 11:41 PM

I always look forward to people tailgating me. Grab some brake, grab some throttle, let the turbo boost and dump fuel. That usually puts some distance between us.

Otherwise, I usually smile and wave when people get pissed off, blowing them a kiss usually gets one hell of a reaction.

Quick Reply: Flipped Off!!!