Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

E85 Proposition

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2011, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E85 Proposition

So with the high demand of E85, its time to voice it. Upon stopping for a fill up last night in Lacey, I spoke with the clerk about meeting with his manager/owner about making E85 more available in the area. The owner of the Lacey Shell which carries E85 also ownes two more stations (locations unknown). What Im trying to accomplish here is written expressed interest in making E85 more available in the Puget Sound area to present to gas station owners.

Even if you are not in the South sound, please voice your demand for E85. The owners need to see as much interest in E85 as possible. I would like everyone interested to please list the following:

1). Areas in which you would like to see E85 available

2). The reason why

3). How often/how much would you be purchasing E85, and...

4). The benefit for the station carrying E85 (which is obvious to us but maybe not to them).

I need you guys to stay proffessional because Im going to print and propose this to stations in the south sound area. Some areas I plan on visiting are Lacey, Olympia, Tacoma, Fife, Federal Way, Auburn, and Kent (those farther up North need to take initiative on this). I will make my rounds to stations after I get some expressed interest here as my time allows (I have a wedding to take care of on the 25th of this month).

Last edited by D Grade; Jun 10, 2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

Derek let me know when you plan on going around with these. Ill join in too

-South Hill/Puyallup, Tacoma, Auburn, Kent, Federal Way, Seattle

2). The reason why
-Would convert to E85 full time, but with nothing reasonably close to fill up with I cant benefit from switching yet.

-Minimum 2/3 times a week, 11/12 gallons at a time. And possibly a 5 gallon jug for spare.

4). The benefit for the station carrying E85 (which is obvious to us but maybe not to them).
-Start suppling E85, the word will spread and people will come for miles to your station to get this stuff. It will generate tons of business, we all get snacks/drinks at gas stations too.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mclaren
Derek let me know when you plan on going around with these. Ill join in too

-South Hill/Puyallup, Tacoma, Auburn, Kent, Federal Way, Seattle

2). The reason why
-Would convert to E85 full time, but with nothing reasonably close to fill up with I cant benefit from switching yet.

-Minimum 2/3 times a week, 11/12 gallons at a time. And possibly a 5 gallon jug for spare.

-Start suppling E85, the word will spread and people will come for miles to your station to get this stuff. It will generate tons of business, we all get snacks/drinks at gas stations too.
x2!!!! Exactly. I would like to switch but think i'm going to hold off because of the lack of stations. It would benifit them because they would be the only e85 stations around. More business.

Last edited by pignosesr; Jun 10, 2011 at 10:27 AM.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

1) I would like E85 to be produced based on its own market demand, which is to say, it would not be produced.

2) This is a serious boondoggle and a massive waste of taxpayer dollars to fund the three ethanol subsidies (Corn production, blenders credit and production quota).

3) I would not be willing to spend my tax dollar for 1/2 the price of a gallon, then my earned income for the other 1/2 of the price of a gallon.

Please note that this is a professional response and my reasons are based on logic and sound fiscal policy. My appologies that they do not allign with yours.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

Its ok, Ryan. Everyone can state their opinion and as a family owned business accountant, they should take that into account.

Shane, excellent response. These are the kind of ideas were looking to point out.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
If there were at least 2 stations selling E85 in Seattle I would switch to it. By Seattle I mean downtown/capitol hill/fremont areas.

Propel has multiple locations and is equiped to handle it. But so far they have simply chosen not to offer E85 here http://www.propelfuels.com/content/station_locator/
Old Jun 10, 2011, 10:53 AM
Evolving Member

We can always email this thread to Propel and offer our desire for multiple E85 equipped stations in Wa (specifically the Puget Sound region).

On a sidenote, I commute an hour plus each way to work and see a minimum of 5 flex fuel equipped cars to and from work. So not only would us tuners benefit from this availability.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by D Grade
We can always email this thread to Propel and offer our desire for multiple E85 equipped stations in Wa (specifically the Puget Sound region).

On a sidenote, I commute an hour plus each way to work and see a minimum of 5 flex fuel equipped cars to and from work. So not only would us tuners benefit from this availability.
I also see a lot of Flexfuel badges on cars/suvs on my commute to from puyallup to seattle. I cant imagine the amount of vehicles that will be using these stations if we can get some in the Seattle-to-Tacoma area.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
bellevue / kirkland / redmond area, but i don't run e85 so i dont really have any pros / cons for it
Old Jun 10, 2011, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

In Northern Cali it seems most stations that carry E85 have done their research and demographics to canvas Law Enforcement Stations that have Flex Fuel Vehicles in their Inventory. In fact it is not uncommon to see CHP and local PD's at these stations regularly. I even questioned a local CHP on performance differences on E85 in their vehicles and did not get a straight answer other than saying that they have been mandated to run E85 for the cost advantage! P.S. - They are pretty cool with the E85 thing!
Old Jun 10, 2011, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
They need to start buying it from Thunderbolt Fuels in PDX as well

WA troopers all have to have at least 2 flex fuel vehicles attached to each area according to a Troop I talked to in Chehalis one day. I think he said they had 4.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

I have seen my very own E85 Flex Fuel badge on many Police Interceptors. Another pro!
Old Jun 10, 2011, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by llDemonll
bellevue / kirkland / redmond area, but i don't run e85 so i dont really have any pros / cons for it
Not performance pro's and con's. Pro's for why the station in question should carry it. We need to stick it to these station owners that bringing E85 to their station is going to bring in alot of fill ups and more customers. They aren't going to take the chance in investing in an E85 pump and deliveries unless they know its going to improve business flow.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

Areas in which you would like to see E85 available
-South Hill/Puyallup, Bonney Lake, Orting, Buckley/Enumclaw

2). The reason why

-Fill up twice a week.
4). They can have an advantage over other stations in the area for being green.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

*South Hill/Puyallup, Tacoma, Auburn, Kent, Federal Way, Seattle

2). The reason why
*Would convert to E85 and soley run it full time, but with nothing reasonably close to fill up with I cant benefit from switching yet.

*1-2 times a week depending on how much I travel; possibly even may carry more fuel if I am traveling longer distances.

*More business and better fuel options for people to run in addition to those already being carried. Even if there was 1 station in Tacoma It would be worth it. (IMHO)

Last edited by wshihdnevo; Jun 13, 2011 at 10:13 AM.

Quick Reply: E85 Proposition