Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Import Face-Off September 4th 2011, Pacific Raceways

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2011, 09:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice meeting some more people today...and of course changing my skin color once again to red!
Old Sep 4, 2011, 09:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I went 10.38@130 with my red 1G auto GSX today, matching my PB from Sacramento. Mostly running consistant 10.5s all day long. Got eliminated first round of eliminations by a Civic running 8.77. Oh well. I also cut my best 60' today: 1.48. Seriously need to pull more weight out of the car, add another wastegate spring so I can run more boost, and get an ARC-2 CDI box so I can control my launches a little better.

Overall, a good day.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by 4G63pride
I got some video of your 4g. And the silver 4g run I'll try to upload them for you. What does those 4g eclipse weigh?
Sweet deal, mine gutted pretty completely is 3480 ish with me in it and a quarter tank of gas.

I had a blast even not being able to hook up for ****, my best et was when Jeff ran the 8.3, I bounced the rev limiter for a good second watchng the boards for his time... Hahaha. That's right, he was so much faster than me that I could see his time on the board before I passed it.

Lol. It was cool as ****.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 11:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome event overall! Congrats to our team member Keith for taking 2nd place in the Forced Induction Sport class, and for Miles taking first in the same class, and last but not least, to Jeff taking second and also setting a personal record
As for me, I lost in the second round in bracket, by red light, but I have to say, the track prep was amazing, hooked up awesome, and made a few high 11 second passes
I have a lot of vids, in-cars and record passes, but it's gonna take a while
Old Sep 5, 2011, 04:03 AM
Evolving Member

Great driving as always Tony, and ditto on congrats to Keith and Myles. Btw Myles, I was just kidding about FWD sucks......well actually it does because all the high hp Hondas running were putting down some great traps.

Your guys final was a good race, but Jeff and Tims final was effin epic. Only a hundredth of a second difference and Jeff toasted another headgasket to hang on the wall of shame in the shop. I wonder how the outcome wouldve been if it didnt.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 07:36 AM

Sounds like this IFO was better than the one down in woodburn...dam I definitely missed out on this event. But hey congrads to Keith for taking 2nd and myles taking 1st. also Jeff on the new record.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 07:53 AM

Awesome Event!!!

Last edited by idrink_v8; Sep 5, 2011 at 07:58 AM.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by kimsan808
Awesome event overall! Congrats to our team member Keith for taking 2nd place in the Forced Induction Sport class, and for Miles taking first in the same class, and last but not least, to Jeff taking second and also setting a personal record
As for me, I lost in the second round in bracket, by red light, but I have to say, the track prep was amazing, hooked up awesome, and made a few high 11 second passes
I have a lot of vids, in-cars and record passes, but it's gonna take a while
^^^ This!!!
Old Sep 5, 2011, 08:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by motion3131
keith kicked my *** by .5 seconds! Only if i had a better clutch keith! ONLY! Hahahaha, awesome car keith i really enjoyed watching ur runs.

Im happy about my power 570 pump meth, i guess its time to go e85 soon!

But i have to get rid of those re-01 i wasnt grabbing traction worth crap!

Your car is pretty beast man! Ditch that ACT 6 puck asap. I had it for like 7 months then threw it away. Yucky, no likey. Triple disc, some good tires, and you will be FAST! Actually, I meant you will be quick. You are already fast.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

damn, I definitely missed out! Congrats everyone!
Old Sep 5, 2011, 02:22 PM

Was a good day for sure! Congrats to everyone who set PB's!!!

I sure didnt think i was going to make it after what happened after my first qualifying pass. My first pass was a 11.2@127 letting off at the top, as i was driving back i noticed my car sounded like it was open downpipe. So i began to check out what it was, then i noticed my wastegate was pretty much falling off lol.

So the MAD dash to find a welder had begun!!! i went to every pit trying to find a welder, ASP stepped it up and said i could borrow theirs but we had to go get it at their shop. Its 12pm, eliminations started at 2pm! So we went and got the welder, and were back just in time for them to call up 3rd qualifying pass. So i threw some nasty mig welds on the flange were it was broken off and hoped that it would hold there lol. About the time i put the car back on the ground they were calling up FIS for Eliminations.

I was just going to Race the Racer, until i felt the car in 3rd gear so i stayed in it lol. First pass was a 10.48@145, my best pass up to date but it was not a great pass with a 1.69 60ft and a 7.0@109 1/8th mile. 8psi in 1st, 15psi in 2nd 23psi in 3rd and 24.5psi in 4th gear... That was my best pass of the day, each pass after that the 60ft kept getting worse and i added more power in 2nd and it was not holding it.

Semi finals came down to Me racing my boss Lucas :P, and Keith racing some turbo Integra. there was a little bit of head games being played at the Tree, Luc courtesy stage's and then i go in and light up the top and then it was a waiting game lol. So after what seemed like forever i go in, Luc goes in... I Tree luc and i never see him again .. sorry boss hahaha..

Then it came down to me and Keith..... I knew my car was faster than Keiths, but there is always a possibility of misshifting or Redlighting or **** just flat out breaking. I made sure i didn't Redlight, and by that i mean Keith TREED the **** out of me. Last pass was a 10.600@143 IIRC.

Keith man like i said good racing!! You kept that thing consistent all day and she kept taking it!!!

Where the pics and VIDS?!?! Please tell me someone got a picture of me standing next to the IFO model with my trophy lol
Old Sep 5, 2011, 06:18 PM

Old Sep 5, 2011, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Do want the 33 GTR!!!!
Old Sep 5, 2011, 09:06 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
did the r33 below make any runs?

Originally Posted by 4G63pride

Last edited by WarmMilk; Sep 5, 2011 at 09:27 PM.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 09:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gringotegra
Was a good day for sure! Congrats to everyone who set PB's!!!

I sure didnt think i was going to make it after what happened after my first qualifying pass. My first pass was a 11.2@127 letting off at the top, as i was driving back i noticed my car sounded like it was open downpipe. So i began to check out what it was, then i noticed my wastegate was pretty much falling off lol.

So the MAD dash to find a welder had begun!!! i went to every pit trying to find a welder, ASP stepped it up and said i could borrow theirs but we had to go get it at their shop. Its 12pm, eliminations started at 2pm! So we went and got the welder, and were back just in time for them to call up 3rd qualifying pass. So i threw some nasty mig welds on the flange were it was broken off and hoped that it would hold there lol. About the time i put the car back on the ground they were calling up FIS for Eliminations.

I was just going to Race the Racer, until i felt the car in 3rd gear so i stayed in it lol. First pass was a 10.48@145, my best pass up to date but it was not a great pass with a 1.69 60ft and a 7.0@109 1/8th mile. 8psi in 1st, 15psi in 2nd 23psi in 3rd and 24.5psi in 4th gear... That was my best pass of the day, each pass after that the 60ft kept getting worse and i added more power in 2nd and it was not holding it.

Semi finals came down to Me racing my boss Lucas :P, and Keith racing some turbo Integra. there was a little bit of head games being played at the Tree, Luc courtesy stage's and then i go in and light up the top and then it was a waiting game lol. So after what seemed like forever i go in, Luc goes in... I Tree luc and i never see him again .. sorry boss hahaha..

Then it came down to me and Keith..... I knew my car was faster than Keiths, but there is always a possibility of misshifting or Redlighting or **** just flat out breaking. I made sure i didn't Redlight, and by that i mean Keith TREED the **** out of me. Last pass was a 10.600@143 IIRC.

Keith man like i said good racing!! You kept that thing consistent all day and she kept taking it!!!

Where the pics and VIDS?!?! Please tell me someone got a picture of me standing next to the IFO model with my trophy lol
Pics and vids to come soon. I know Tony is working on one of his videos as we speak. Man I had a lot of fun Myles. I definitely learned a few more things yesterday. Trying to run pro tree was one of them. Loved that last run. I left you off the light but 3rd and 4th gear, you were just too much. Still had a great time. I just saw our run tonight on video. It will be posted soon.

Quick Reply: Import Face-Off September 4th 2011, Pacific Raceways