Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Import Face-Off September 4th 2011, Pacific Raceways

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2011, 09:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by warmmilk
did eric (r33 below) make any runs? I hear he's making over 800 whp...
Nope. Don't recall.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 09:27 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
^now that I look at it again, its not the r33 I was thinking of...
Old Sep 5, 2011, 09:32 PM
Evolving Member

^ Never really seen anyone track a GTR for the most part. They usually just look pretty sitting in a parking lot.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I was just picturing it getting crushed by some Federal employees, while the owner is throwing up.

I would love to have an R33, But I do not wish that kind of legal/insurance liability upon anyone.

Nice to see all the Evos running at the strip. Whos GG Evo had the ce28n volks w/ MT slicks? Looks like they had a PSI sticker on the car.

I liked the other GG Evo with the Hoosiers on the BBS wheels. I envy that setup.

I was pretty shocked that the "COBB" Subaru that was there was running 15" te37's. For the amount of money those wheels cost he could've bought some SERIOUS drag racing wheels that would've been faaaaar lighter. Oh well... it's not my car and I certainly don't run 9's. So meh!

Myles' car was cooking! It was cool to see it pickup mph throughout the day like that. I was expecting 135mph traps...and then he whips out a 144mph pass lol.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 09:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
Whos GG Evo had the ce28n volks w/ MT slicks? Looks like they had a PSI sticker on the car.
It's funny you brought that up. I thought they were slicks too but I could be wrong. The rules stated no slicks for AWD so it must of been DOT legal tires. I ran him in the semi-finals. I believe his name is Kyle, but I don't know him. Just seen him around at Pacific from time to time.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 10:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gringotegra
Where the pics and VIDS?!?! Please tell me someone got a picture of me standing next to the IFO model with my trophy lol
Here you go Miles as for the vids, due to working today I wont be able to finish it until tomorrow....but I'm working on it as we speak, and it's looking awesome

Old Sep 5, 2011, 10:03 PM
Evolving Member

She's taller than Myles. Even with the knees bent. I kid, I kid. Heels yeah, yeah, I know.

And no everyone, that's not a sweaty shirt. It's water he poured all over himself. I swear!
Old Sep 5, 2011, 10:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RoninVIIIRS
It's funny you brought that up. I thought they were slicks too but I could be wrong. The rules stated no slicks for AWD so it must of been DOT legal tires. I ran him in the semi-finals. I believe his name is Kyle, but I don't know him. Just seen him around at Pacific from time to time.
you ran kyle...he has the gg 9 with hoosiers...the silver 8 is owned by brian...and he's running et streets which are class legal
Old Sep 5, 2011, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
Nice to see all the Evos running at the strip. Whos GG Evo had the ce28n volks w/ MT slicks? Looks like they had a PSI sticker on the car.

I liked the other GG Evo with the Hoosiers on the BBS wheels. I envy that setup.

yep,both cars tuned by jason@ PSI...unfortunately neither had a good day at the track...

the silver 8 was number 1 qualifier in FIS with a 10.3...wasnt a good pass..developed a huge boost leak when it blew the gasket out at the tb...we made a gasket in the pits outa a soda box...sat out the rest of qualifying...1st round of eliminations it hit boost cut like crazy...still won...we lowered the boost but then he pretty much got burned down at the tree on the next round..ended his day

the 9 is a fairly new build so the driver needs some time to get it dialed in..his best was an 11.0@138...next pass he was misfiring like crazy,changed his plugs...eliminations rolled around..still not running right...finally as he was about to load the car up on the trailer he realized he lost the vacuum hose off the fpr

hopefully things go a little better in woodburn at the end of the month
Old Sep 6, 2011, 01:22 AM
Evolving Member

Reactionevo8, I've got a question for you. How come you, Brian, Kyle, and Will don't partake *spelling* in the community more? I live a matter of a few blocks from Will and see him all the time. When I get the chance to talk to him, he seems like a great guy. I've talked with Brian a few times and bought a set of AMS radiator hoses from him a while back and he's also a real laid back guy. Havent had the chance to meet kyle or you but Im sure you guys are along the same lines in personality.

Just curious because you guys dont do meets and if you guys are at the track, it almost seems as if you guys are completely isolated from anyone associated with EvoM or ER. Not trying to put you guys on the spot or call you guys out or anything of that nature, just a simple curious question as to why that is (badexperience, bad vibe, pure choice, etc...). Im sure Im not the only one that would like to see you guys out at meets.

Last edited by D Grade; Sep 6, 2011 at 01:29 AM.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by D Grade
Reactionevo8, I've got a question for you. How come you, Brian, Kyle, and Will don't partake *spelling* in the community more? I live a matter of a few blocks from Will and see him all the time. When I get the chance to talk to him, he seems like a great guy. I've talked with Brian a few times and bought a set of AMS radiator hoses from him a while back and he's also a real laid back guy. Havent had the chance to meet kyle or you but Im sure you guys are along the same lines in personality.

Just curious because you guys dont do meets and if you guys are at the track, it almost seems as if you guys are completely isolated from anyone associated with EvoM or ER. Not trying to put you guys on the spot or call you guys out or anything of that nature, just a simple curious question as to why that is (badexperience, bad vibe, pure choice, etc...). Im sure Im not the only one that would like to see you guys out at meets.
yea,we're all pretty laid back...its hard for me to speak for everyone but i know with work,kids,wives etc its really hard to find time to attend meets and such..and when we do its usually a last minute thing...

as far as at the track,we dont try to isolate ourselves...since we're all friends with the speedfactory guys we generally pit close to them...
Old Sep 6, 2011, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by RoninVIIIRS
She's taller than Myles. Even with the knees bent. I kid, I kid. Heels yeah, yeah, I know.

And no everyone, that's not a sweaty shirt. It's water he poured all over himself. I swear!

LOL, she was on HEALS!!!!
Old Sep 6, 2011, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by kimsan808
Here you go Miles as for the vids, due to working today I wont be able to finish it until tomorrow....but I'm working on it as we speak, and it's looking awesome

DUDE thanks!! lol I was thinking about stealing a kiss, but was wondering how that would have gone over lol... You didnt happen to get my 1st pass did you?!!?
Old Sep 6, 2011, 08:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DUDE thanks!! lol I was thinking about stealing a kiss, but was wondering how that would have gone over lol... You didnt happen to get my 1st pass did you?!!?
Unfortunately I don't, I think I was in line to dial in for brackets. I do have the last two runs of you and Lucas and you and Keith
Old Sep 6, 2011, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

LOL, she was on HEALS!!!!
congrats on the win man..im glad nobody said anything about your cage..

Quick Reply: Import Face-Off September 4th 2011, Pacific Raceways