Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

V-YIP evo 9 mr~

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2011, 07:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 03Evo8DTC
your cars slow and makes no power ;-) JP man Welcome and very nice looking evo. Hope to see you around!
Darn it Keenan. I was going to say that..........

Welcome. Cute ride.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 09:15 PM

Nice car man!!! I think you need to get it tuned by English though! You put down good numbers but can't beat a midget tune!!! Hope to see ya around man!
Old Dec 21, 2011, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Derock2gspyder
Nice car man!!! I think you need to get it tuned by English though! You put down good numbers but can't beat a midget tune!!! Hope to see ya around man!
well, in my opinion for my situation, I don't need so much horsepower at the track because i believe balance, response, reliability are very important at Pacific Raceways. I satisfy my laptime as a first time solo experience. I know a guy who drive 300hp with good suspension setting and over ten years track experience, he can make 1:34 at Pacific Raceways(SCCA official proved)

So, each person has different needs and method to modify whose car for specific purpose. Right? I'm not challenging anyone, but HKS V-Pro and the guy who does the tuning for my evo, they gave me what I want. And hopes my English language is correct And also hope to see you around too, nice to meet you=)

Last edited by vincentyip; Dec 21, 2011 at 10:17 PM.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 12:32 AM
Evolved Member

I was at PR the day you raced, and no offensive but your car sounded like complete ****. SO much turbo surge and fluttering with that HKS bov. I would highly recommend you consider getting a different bov, and a tune by English Racing. I guarantee you will notice a difference in the way your car runs.

Other than that, sick car man. You were hitting those corners pretty hard, it was fun to watch. Good luck with your future racing and welcome.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by importjake00
I was at PR the day you raced, and no offensive but your car sounded like complete ****. SO much turbo surge and fluttering with that HKS bov. I would highly recommend you consider getting a different bov, and a tune by English Racing. I guarantee you will notice a difference in the way your car runs.

Other than that, sick car man. You were hitting those corners pretty hard, it was fun to watch. Good luck with your future racing and welcome.
I was thinking of getting a different bov. It causes problem but so far i'm not thinking of changing anything of it. but anyways thank you for your advice!

Last edited by vincentyip; Dec 22, 2011 at 12:45 AM.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by vincentyip
well, in my opinion for my situation, I don't need so much horsepower at the track because i believe balance, response, reliability are very important at Pacific Raceways. I satisfy my laptime as a first time solo experience. I know a guy who drive 300hp with good suspension setting and over ten years track experience, he can make 1:34 at Pacific Raceways(SCCA official proved)

So, each person has different needs and method to modify whose car for specific purpose. Right? I'm not challenging anyone, but HKS V-Pro and the guy who does the tuning for my evo, they gave me what I want. And hopes my English language is correct And also hope to see you around too, nice to meet you=)
Ya man I agree every person wants different things from there car but believe midget would get you all dialed in and be happier but to each there own man look forward to seeing more numbers from you!
Old Dec 22, 2011, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

Nice car man and good looking lap video...I was almost at the track day but I got suckered into working that day by a dumb*ss chevy service writer that couldn't sell sh*t to a sewer haha (Pardon My French) ...I wish I had made it out there with you guys though cuz I was curious to see if I could hit my summer track day lap time and to see how much of a difference my tires made from the warm summer track days compared to the cold winter track days...I'm sure I'll see you out there this spring/summer though...I do a lot of the Corvette Club track days and we need more Evo's to come out there and smoke the vettes around the corners!
Old Dec 22, 2011, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Nice car! Def need to take care of that terrible surge issue and get a different BOV and tune by ER!
Old Dec 22, 2011, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Derock2gspyder
Ya man I agree every person wants different things from there car but believe midget would get you all dialed in and be happier but to each there own man look forward to seeing more numbers from you!
Yup I'm a good listener to hear advice from you guys! Thx for your words and I would consider about that!

Originally Posted by TurboTim06
Nice car man and good looking lap video...I was almost at the track day but I got suckered into working that day by a dumb*ss chevy service writer that couldn't sell sh*t to a sewer haha (Pardon My French) ...I wish I had made it out there with you guys though cuz I was curious to see if I could hit my summer track day lap time and to see how much of a difference my tires made from the warm summer track days compared to the cold winter track days...I'm sure I'll see you out there this spring/summer though...I do a lot of the Corvette Club track days and we need more Evo's to come out there and smoke the vettes around the corners!
About the difference between winter and summer, during this track event, I learned a lesson! On that day, it was too cold and there was ice on the track My Advan A048 equaled to street tire and didn't get enough traction I want! But it was a good moment to feel differently and learn how to use my driving ability to make consistent laptime. And I'm still a new guy on the track.

Alright, I haven't been to Corvette Club, is it fun? Hit me up when you guys go to PR. I went to Alfa Club and Proformance, both solo. I tried to chase down those GT3 and R8, that was a very fun experience and I realize I need to focus on reliability, because finially my car was overheated and couldn't do anymore lap which is suck and so angry gotta make a air duct for my stock oil cooler

Originally Posted by wshihdnevo
Nice car! Def need to take care of that terrible surge issue and get a different BOV and tune by ER!
Yup, the terrible surge issue is the main problem of my evo, it is dangerous for my turbo right? let me do something research and google it Must get a different BOV. Any suggestion?
Old Dec 22, 2011, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Yup, the terrible surge issue is the main problem of my evo, it is dangerous for my turbo right? let me do something research and google it Must get a different BOV. Any suggestion?
It is really bad for the turbo over time for sure (especially one that costs as much as the Tomei ). I would suggest a Tial hands down. It would be the last BOV you'd need to buy.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

Alright, I haven't been to Corvette Club, is it fun? Hit me up when you guys go to PR. I went to Alfa Club and Proformance, both solo. I tried to chase down those GT3 and R8, that was a very fun experience and I realize I need to focus on reliability, because finially my car was overheated and couldn't do anymore lap which is suck and so angry gotta make a air duct for my stock oil cooler
Oh yea the Corvette Club track days are a lot of fun! All the guys are cool and really open to other cars running with them...A few years ago there was a couple Ferrari's, an Ariel Atom and a Lingenfelter 427 Twin Turbo Vette running with us...And last year there was a V10 R8 running with us...That was fun to keep up with, me and him were shooting identical lap times all day long...He would maybe pull a foot or two on me in the straight but I would pull him through the corners it was a lot of fun! The C6 Z06's are fun to run with too except A LOT of them run slicks and if the driver is even a reasonably good track driver they pull pretty hard on that track even in stock form
Old Dec 22, 2011, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

^Did that R8 happen to be Blue...?
Old Dec 22, 2011, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

^Did that R8 happen to be Blue...?
Yea it was a blue one...some old guy but he said he had done a lot of trackdays with that car...pretty cool guy...I posted the youtube video from that track day awhile back on here...During one of the sessions it started raining and me and him were basically the only two cars running the track
Old Dec 23, 2011, 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by TurboTim06
Yea it was a blue one...some old guy but he said he had done a lot of trackdays with that car...pretty cool guy...I posted the youtube video from that track day awhile back on here...During one of the sessions it started raining and me and him were basically the only two cars running the track
Ya last time I went to Alfa Club, there was the blue R8 which is definiely the same one, he is a old guy right? We battle many laps, he couldn't pass me but I couldn't smoke him so we kept this situation for many laps, finally I was so damn tired to escape from him so I let him pass This story told me that I have to quit smoking cigarette so I can smoke him in the future but I am addicted to smoke cigarette~

After the section, he came to talk to me, he said when I exit the corner with accelerating, there was CLEAR FOUR tire marks on the road and huge fire ball from my exhaust I was so happy~

It is really bad for the turbo over time for sure (especially one that costs as much as the Tomei ). I would suggest a Tial hands down. It would be the last BOV you'd need to buy.
Yup I would consider about it. It looks so nice. Serria Serria evo use it right? It has purple color to dress up my engine bay What about HKS Racing Blow Off Valve? Anyone familiar with it?

Last edited by vincentyip; Dec 23, 2011 at 02:51 AM.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 06:28 AM

+1 tial all the way!!!

Quick Reply: V-YIP evo 9 mr~