Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

V8 guys bashing on the Evo

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2012, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
V8 guys bashing on the Evo

I just think its pretty funny how ignorant and closed minded some people can be. Anyways just thought I would post a link to a convo we had.

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.ph...&id=1654912059

They are planning a meet for tonight at the discount tire off of evergreen way in everett if any of you want to show up. Would be nice for some big hp evo's to come out and shut them up
Old Feb 2, 2012, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

Facebooks blocked at work
Old Feb 2, 2012, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Who Cares. These people are idiots. These are the people that will only street race you on slicks with 3 and the hit because we are AWD. LMAO. Not even worth your time.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Notice how they didn't actually state any technical facts. Just like any car community there are people who are intelligent, give and receive respect and then there are those that aren't.

Like they say, ignorance is bliss.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Its funny that all they do is talk trash about our cars. One time I saw a 365WHP EVO killed a 800WHP Cobra or Supra( i don't remember) on a circuit track.

That's why I'm not a big fan of drag racing and just going straight, compared to circuit, point to point or rally racing that test every part of the drivers skill accel., braking, turning.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 06:26 PM
Evolving Member

I like how the inbreds actually think they know what they're talking about! Always a good laugh.

"An Evo is doing it on 30psi, while a Cobra is doing it on 15psi"..Wow that comment really goes to show some peoples level of intelligence. But hey, someone needs to flip burgers at McDonalds.

"ricers" is another funny one! Considering a bolt-on Evo would wipe the floor against a bolt-on Cobra in virtually any race, and possibly even 1/4 mile.

Can't tell you how many Cobra's I've personally witnessed barley breaking into the 11s with 500+whp. Ha, with 500whp an Evo is in the 10s.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just Jealous maybe he can't afford one. Or just because we are faster than him.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

Let tools be tools, no need to make em butt hurt. But if you did wanna hurt their feelings just mention you haven't seen em at any of the strips or tracks
Old Feb 2, 2012, 06:47 PM

Its funny how evo are going 9 and you can barely tell but you can tell an cobra that is going 9 loud as **** and not really streetable.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 07:18 PM

Ya it is funny to see how stupid people can be, but I just don't get how they can be so closed minded.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 09:10 PM

Okay, why would I want to go to a meet put on by douchebags? And they are meeting at "Ricefest". Well, that's what the Walmart parking lot is referred to on weekends. There's too much hate. I like Cobra's for what they are. But hey, I can respect cars for what they are. Those guys, they don't respect ****. Eff em.

P.S. I'd still like seeing Johnny show up in either his Evo or Talon and blowing that guy away.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 09:22 PM

Take one of those American V8 fanboys around a track w/ a competent driver and they will **** their pants even in a stock Evo.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 09:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by onizuka
take one of those american v8 fanboys around a track w/ a competent driver and they will **** their pants even in a stock evo.
+1
Old Feb 2, 2012, 10:00 PM

Haha, "EVO's and Subies are only good in a couple of inches of snow"...like a mustang or vette can push through snow? RWD cars will get stuck once the first flake falls!

They're only focusing on what EVO's can't do, and turning a blind eye to the weaknesses of their chassis. Sounds like a bunch of lame fanboys to me. Not worth the wear on my tires to go meet up, even if I were up in the Seattle area. Haha...
Old Feb 2, 2012, 10:18 PM

Wow... this is ****ing hilarious on how many typos are done in the whole post... These people need to stop worrying about cars and maybe start doing something to improve that awful english...

Quick Reply: V8 guys bashing on the Evo