Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Street Saga 2004 Car Show

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2004, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Street Saga 2004 Car Show

http://www.streetsaga.com

On May 29th, 2004 at Sandpoint way, Seattle, WA. DSP Entertainment once again brings you its Urban Lifestyle Experiance bigger, better and louder then ever. Covering all aspects of your urban life and scene with some of the hottest custom cars, trucks and cycles on the road today. To the extreme in style and class with pure show vehicles. It doesn't stop there, we will be treating you to the latest trends, from Gaming to style and fashion and we'll have some of the hottest live artists around. That's just the inside!
Don't miss the extreme sports show with the worlds best Stunt Riders from the Ride and Glide Stunt Team who are known for their promotions with Mountain Dew among others. This is one not to miss out on. With over 47 categories in judging and some of the best Vendors and Manufactures presenting their products to you for the first time. This is the show not to miss.

Be sure to look for our promotional flyers offering discounts to the show for admission and watch for our ads on Discovery Channel, Spike TV, ESPN and MTV along with KRock Radio and X104.5

Brought to you by:
GoodGuys
DSP Entertainment
K Rock 96.5
X 104.5
Blaze Entertainment

Sport Compacts
Low Riders
Cycles
Live Music
Extreme Sports Expo
Latest Racing Games
and MORE!

Tickets
18.00 Prior to the event.
22.00 At the Door.

Registration 38.00
Multi car registration & Discounts Available

Parking Free

Don't miss our other area events.

Street Saga Boise ID Sept 18, 2004

October Sport Compact Challange at Pacific Raceways
Oct 30, 2004

Last edited by Inzanesrt4; May 20, 2004 at 08:18 PM.
Old Mar 18, 2004, 06:44 PM

This sounds cool to me, I am sure most of TLNW would agree with me, where would we find out about multi car discounts?
Old Mar 18, 2004, 09:02 PM

I can give you any information you need. PM or email me and I can send you team forms. The sooner the better we originally were expecting 6,000 people to attend, Then found out HIN was on Apple blossom weekend (washington tradition were everyone goes east of mountain and parties) Then our attendance projection went to 10,000. From what I heard Tickets went on sale Sunday and 2,500 tickets are already gone. I've talked with 10 local vendors that plan on having booths there. We are thinking that we may have to put a under contruction class outside to allow for more room for cars.
Old Mar 19, 2004, 07:52 AM

PM'd you
Old May 20, 2004, 08:20 PM

Bump

Less then 10 days get you tickets online for $18. Or $22 at door
Old May 26, 2004, 09:54 PM

how many tickets do we get with registration? i know import life is 2 but streetsaga.com doesnt mention.
Old May 27, 2004, 12:24 PM

just one the reason is a lot of people at allies show enter their car because its cheaper then buying two tickets.
Old May 27, 2004, 05:19 PM

when is check in for the show?
Old May 27, 2004, 07:38 PM

Conditions for approved display on the show floor

1. The fuel load may not exceed ¼ tank capacity or five (5) gallons; whichever is less, as determined by a working fuel gauge or by dipping the tank.

2. Fuel systems must not leak.

3. You may not fuel or de-fuel within the building.

4. Fuel tank fill openings must be equipped with a cover or a gas cap to prevent the escape of vapors and secured in place. Use a locking cap or tape the cap when necessary.

5. Batteries must have negative cable re moved and covered with a non-conductive material such as electrical tape, rubber boots or similar.

6. Cut-off switches may be used but must have their handles removed or taped in the off position.

7. Vehicle must remain unlocked while on site together with the name, local address, and phone number of who is responsible for the vehicle while it is in the show floor.

8. Display vehicles must possess a fuel pass to enter the building. This pass must be in a visible location, on or in the vehicle, until the show opens.

9. Vehicle may not have any leaks of mechanical fluids all vehicles will be inspected on entry. Any vehicle displaying any source of mechanical leaks will be not allowed to gain entry to the show.

ELECTRICAL/RENTAL NEEDS

If you need lights download the “Electrical” and “Booth Equipment” order forms at the website under vendors. No need to tell them your booth number, just your company name. Please keep in mind that all tables must be covered with table linens or table skirts.

EVENT SCHEDULE
FRIDAY, MAY 28, 2004
12pm to 6pm Vendor load-in
2pm to 3pm Vendor Booth Display Vehicles Load In
4pm to 10pm Show Car Load in - General

SATURDAY. May 29, 2004
11am Will Call Opens - Companies / Car owners allowed into building (hand carry only)
12pm All booths ready for the public
1pm Show open to the public
9pm Awards ceremonies begin
9:45pm Awards ceremonies end / show ends
10pm Vendor tear-down (After all show cars are cleared from the venue)
Old May 31, 2004, 04:49 PM
Evolving Member

Well, now i get to say my piece.

Having spent the night in the car the night before wanting to be there early so i could get a good spot, I spent well over 24 ***cing hours at Street Saga which was more Suck Saga than anything. TLNW was told they were in the front of the house for a parking spot, and we wound up in the back. Paul from DSP entertainment or where ever he works was a retard and had absolutly no control over the event or the crwond once we found out that he had royaly flubbed up.

I want a refund plain and simple. How can you even say Street Saga was a car show? the judges sucked, the awards were overrun and commadoed by Team Outlandish and Exotic Phantasies who by the way won a Awful lot of those awards....Shady. Just No other word to describe it but shady. They screwed some very nice cars of or trophies. The Red M3, The Candy apple Red !80 Z, the Only Scobie Wagon worth looking at, The diamond plate ford Escourt, the Best of Show Quality Escalade, the TEEM EXTREEM MP5 which looked like God himself built that car. But i guess thats okay since they were charging 22 bucks at teh door so it's VERY obvious that money and porfit were the only thing on these 'producers' minds. Maybe I'll make friends with the judges next time so I can get and award too. or wait maybe I'll just whine like a BABY when i dont get a pretty trophy and then jump up on stage and start handing myself awards so i can get one and my pathetic little ego wont get bruised beacause i built a car which looked awesome three years ago when it was done and hasn;t been changed since, so i have to steal trophies to feel better about it.

I guess next time i go to a show for imports I'll go whith the expectation of being judged on Hot Rod rules..... oh wait, I wont cause a real show follows HIN style rules and car owners prepare for it as such. Not Street Saga, we got told it didn't really mater that some of us had spent 10 plus hours detailing a daily driver just so we would lok nice for the show, even knowing we had no chance of an award. I guess next time I go toa show, I'll make sure to bring a bikini because I'm obviously the only one who will participate. oh wait, no, other shows ACTUALLY DELIVER ON THIER PROMISES FOR ENTERTAINMENT!

I'll make sure to bring food in cause the prices charged by thier buddy vendors were obscene and stadium like. 3 bucks for an Oscar Meyer hot dog?

Thanks go out to Shawn, Mike, Armon, Chris, Rick, Jon, Lizette, Nathan and Warren for showing up to rep TLNW. We got a ton of pictures taken of our cars and with the exception of the Outlandish and Exotic Phantasies guys, everyone was impressed by us. I'm really proud of what we had and now it's time to build on it.

Thats all for now cause if i dont get some sleep, I'm going to die. only 16 hours in 4 days for me just wont cut it!
Old Jun 2, 2004, 08:43 PM

I am sorry the show did not go as planned the company will send out an email this week to all those involved if you dont get it please let me know.

I would like to say one thing and that is we went out of our way to make sure everyone had a chance to be there and have a good time. To prove this point I ask this.

What day did TLNW get to roll - in?

What does it say in the rules above?
Old Jun 3, 2004, 12:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
More than just a car show indeed.

Originally Posted by Inzanesrt4
Street Saga is more then just a car show.
Old Jun 3, 2004, 03:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Inzanesrt4
I am sorry the show did not go as planned the company will send out an email this week to all those involved if you dont get it please let me know.

I would like to say one thing and that is we went out of our way to make sure everyone had a chance to be there and have a good time. To prove this point I ask this.

What day did TLNW get to roll - in?

What does it say in the rules above?
So being allowed to roll in on Saturday is supposed to make up for the rest of the events that went on? If I remember right, there were other cars that were rolling in Saturday and not just us, so it's not like we got the VIP treatment there. Yes, you gave us the chance to be there and have a good time. But you also took away the chance for the show to go well. I paid the entry fee to enter the show.

Part of the show was supposed to have fair judging. And on top of that, fair trophy awarding. It doesn't matter if none of us or our team had a chance to win anything, but watching people win that shouldn't have even been considered (vendor cars!), that's not part of what I paid for.

I also didn't pay to have the show drag on until midnight. I understand that things happen that nobody can control. You can still take control of the circumstances and still pull things together. And when people began to lose patience and want to leave, we weren't even able to do that.

I didn't pay to be essentially detained at the show when awards finally did begin to get handed out. Having the exit chained and locked (and everyone was so worried because our connected batteries were a fire hazard when we first rolled in) and telling us we can't go anywhere was totally uncalled for, especially after we started by pushing the cars out and not even starting them up so we don't smog the building up.

That's why we want a refund. Because we got anything but what we paid for. Does it get any simpler than that? And the refund can only give back the money. What about the driving time? What about gas? What about time to prep? You couldn't refund that if you tried. A simple cash refund is barely sufficient.
Old Jun 3, 2004, 05:34 PM

I said before I understand everyone being upset. I just pointed out that we did try. Yes others got special treatment as well. Almost everyone got special treatment. 1 form or another. If it was my call I would give everyone back there money. It's not.

The company is working on this and seeing what can be done. I walked around the show several times and spoke with hundreds of people including members of TLNW. untill the end of the night all I heard from everyone was they were having a great time. As for vendor vehicles. they win trophies at every show. HIN had a Cavalier win best of show.

The only thing I can do is apoligize for you not being happy. I will do everything in my power to make everyone happy. If you never want to come to another Street Saga car show then dont. You are all invited again. I thought TLNW showed everyone what the scene is about maybe not having the best but being together, supporting one another, and enjoying themselves.

I would like to also say this. "If you think Jack in the Box over compensated after the food poisioning wait 'till you see or next show."
Old Jun 3, 2004, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

I'm really curious what special treatment TLNW got..... we were in the back of the show in a corner, we were talked to by the 'coordinator' Jay-d like little kids, "read the tattoo, you only talk to me, jay-d, do you see that?" The food was exensive, with no discount for show cars, We didn't even get judged correctly for the two trophies that we might have had a chance at, and quiet frankly, i don't like getting told that it's not a good idea to leave to get food or anything cause it's not allowed.

I'm glad I'm complaining, I'm hopefull that Street Saga changes and become a great show, i really hope things change, but i also know that I will never give "Street Saga" anymore of my hard earned money.

As for everyone got special treatment, tell that to the guy in the '91 M3 who was there to roll in on Friday but had to wait outide in the rain and then didn't even get to roll in until Saturday morning and then sat in the very back of the show and DIDN'T EVEN GET JUDGED!!! Tell me what special treatment he got.

Tell me what special treatment TLNW got having to change our roll in plans at the last second forcing three of our members to sleep in thier cars in the parking lot of this lame excuse for a show. Did we get special treatment when one of our members had to wait in the rain on saturday AFTER detailing his car to let a phantom 'last car' into the show. Did we get special treatment when after the show and the hangar door was opened, the security gurads forced us to stay in? Even though our batteries were disconnected, Jay-D made sure of that, God help anyone who got caught inside if there was a fire, oh wait we would have all died because we couldn't get out.

Don't talk to me about special treatment. The only clubs who got special treatment were very obvious. They went home with all of the trophies after they passed them out to themselves. I can't believe you can even throw around that term. But it's okay cause we don't have a trailer queen worth more than some houses and so we are a lessar breed of tuners and import enthusiasts. I guess I can understand that. Lotta crap if you ask me.

Don't ever use the term 'special treatment' to me or anyone else in TLNW for that matter unless you plan on actually giving us special treatment.

Quick Reply: Street Saga 2004 Car Show