Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Pina Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2004, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pina Motorsports

Just a note to let you all know that if you need work done to your car that Andre, Nick and the crew down at Pina Motorsports in Kent will take care of you.

Andre and Nick went above and beyond the call and installed a 3" turbo back exhaust and AEM short ram on my car this last weekend. I don't think Andre had slept for a couple of days when I picked up the car on Sunday. The exhaust turned out to cost a bit more than what I originally expected, but it is a work of art. All 3" mandrell bent stainless tubing, good looking welds, 3" cat and a polished Magnaflow muffler. Andre even used standard 3-bolt flanges so that the gaskets are easier to get. The cat is flanged so that it will be easy to swap in a test pipe later.

The exhaust is a little louder at idle, on the road at steady state (no boost) it is barely louder than stock, but really has some sound when you are on the throttle. I expect it will get a bit louder as some of the muffler packing gets burnt in. And, unless you look closely and notice the polished muffler, it looks just like stock.

With the AEM intake the turbo noise is very noticable and you can hear the BOV vent.

Now to save up some more money for boost control, gauges and a reflash...

Mark