Notices
Other Cars - For Sale - Wanting To Buy (WTB) Or Trade (WTT) Use this Forum to post your WTB/WTS threads for cars other than Lancer/Evolution and motorcycles as well. All the usual Marketplace rules apply here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

700+ HP, 9 second DSM Parts

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2009, 03:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
700+ HP, 9 second DSM Parts

I'm putting the car away for the winter right about now seeing that I won't have time to get to the track again this year, so it looks like it's time to start pulling off parts like I was planning to do.

This isn't a FULL part out, however I may be open to tempting offers for some things that I don't have listed for sale. The chassis, coil-overs, and rims I'm definitely keeping before they're asked about. As for what's for sale, here's the list of what I've got. Hopefully you've all seen my build thread on DSMtalk so I don't have to describe too many things in detail. Anything I don’t have pics of and you’d want, please ask.

Prices are at the lowest I planned to go, whether now, or in a few months if still for sale. Maybe I'll change my mind at that point, but in the meantime what I'm asking is what I'd like to get if paid in cash, in person, picked up. Paypal users, I'd prefer the additional 3% added on, and shipping will also be additional. The good part is that it will be the exact cost as I can ship through work rather than going through a more expensive UPS store.

Current engine bay shot:

Right now these parts already spoken for by one or a few people in line:
FMIC
Upper IC pipe
Q45 Throttle Body
Q45 TPS adapter
JMF Anodized 1g fuel cell (possibly)
Bosch 044 pumps (both)
Tial BOV (possibly)

Still up for grabs:

GT4294R Turbo Kit $3500
Genuine Garrett GT4294R ball bearing turbo, bought new and fed filtered oil from day one through an inline feed line filter, and also using the proper restrictor fitting. Has a Tial v-band turbine housing mounted atop of a JMF v-band top mount exhaust manifold, a single Tiall 44mm wastegate w/silver top, dump tube, both coolant lines, both oil lines, 4" 2 piece stainless steel downpipe w/flex section and wideband bung. The compressor outlet has been modified to a 3" v-band outlet rather than the normal 3.5" to save room, and I will include the 2 piece, 3" lower IC pipe and coupler. There’s only slightly “hack’ things right now out of this whole setup, and that is 1) some threads on the middle downpipe v-band clamp are stripped, but easily temporarily fixed by using a bushing underneath the t-bolt nut which I'm doing right now and 2) the underbody needs a little “massaging” with a hammer need the drivers foot area to have a little extra clearance for the downpipe. Not a problem as this area is double walled anyway from what I recall and you won’t feel any difference inside the vehicle with your feet. . Otherwise, with the proper AN fittings in place for the coolant and oil lines on your motor and this setup is an easy drop in affair.

Parts that can be added to this kit at an additional cost would be the thermostat housing (upper & lower half, and has AN fittings welded on), water pipe (blocked off stock feed and heater core portion, and has AN welded on), Mitsumoto radiator with both black -16AN lines, and cold air intake pipe. The aluminum downpipe back exhaust will also be available to buy, but only for local pick up as I don't want to ship this. The rest of these parts will be available separately only after the turbo kit sells and the purchaser doesn't also want all of these items.

JMF Drag intake manifold, Polished, Q45 TB flange $650

AEM fuel rail, originally silver I believe, but now semi-polished $50

1600cc injectors, Ford style white top, 5ohm, $180

HKS 280's, intake & exhaust cams $400

Valve cover with single -10AN on side, gunmetal powder coat. Has one little section in back that needed a little re-welding so I ended up masking and painting that area--hard to notice at a glance though. $100

JMF Deluxe Oil catch can with single -10AN on side. Other side is 1/4"npt and plugged I believe (on the npt size, not the plugging) Has a custom bracket to mount this behind the strut tower $75

Clear hose w/-10an Mr. Gasket black/silver hose ends for above. $15

All three things above, $160

RCI latch style harness, currently out of date, I was using this on the passenger side of the car. $40

Corbeau Forza seat, was recovered with newer style seat cover at one point, also used on passenger side of car so little use on this cover $140

AEM Stand Alone ECU, with both 5 bar map sensor, air temp sensor, and plugs for each. I only had one problem with this and that was one of the coil drivers stopped working on me. What I did was an easy re-pinning of the engine harness at the ecu of two wires, and then turned off and on the corresponding coils in the setup table. Most likely I will leave this calibration in the ecu as is, except for the fuel and ignition tables (will be zeroing them out for my tuner's sake) so that the next user knows what changes to make. $1300

AEM wideband o2 gauge/sensor. Sensor was recently replaced and has 2 track visits and just a tiny bit of street use--maybe 15min or so. $130

Autometer oil pressure gauge, 100psi, needs new electronic sending unit $20

JMF COP plug cover and wiring for 300m coils. This was a blem part at one time, but I think the 5 mounting holes were just a little too big or offset to the side a hair than they should normally be. Works and mounts fine otherwise. Just needs coils as it’s already wired up for plugging into the stock 91+ engine harness plug. $80

Custom coolant catch can, "biggie sized" 4” diameter tubing, with round base for a unique look and all of the other goodies the JMF deluxe catch can would have like site gauge, and polished cap. Catch can is an unpolished finish and will come with either the current modified bracket setup, or I can cut it off to leave the cleaner original bracket. $90

Quarter Master Twin Disc Clutch, Fidanza steel flywheel. Flywheel was purchased new this past winter and has only a handful of track visits on it. Clutch discs are the metallic higher hp handling option. I can include my shaved down clutch fork for slightly more if the buyer doesn’t want to mess with theirs. $675 for clutch setup, $700 w/clutch fork.

JnZ/myself assembled transmission. Has a steel Evo ¾ shift fork (the one w/o the pads that can wear and fall off), welded center differential, and viscous coupler eliminated. 23 spline output shaft installed currently. Shifted fine other than a little reverse grind here or there. $600

Three Speed Scattershield. Fits 1g AWD trans only. Polished up for a nice show look. $100

23 spline transfer case. Not sure how old the seals are since I didn’t get a chance to replace them yet myself. I have installed it and driven the car around the block with is so I know it works at least. $80

4 bolt rear with axles & cups
. This is the current one in the car and works fine. I only had this one installed and used during this past year. $400

Spare 4 bolt rear and axles. This rear diff is what was installed in the Talon the previous years since I first bought a 4 bolt setup and was only swapped out because I thought it had excessive gear lash, not knowing what I was hearing was just the nature of the solid hub clutch design and locked up center diff. It may have a little more “play” than the diff above, but is still good to use. Doesn’t come w/cups, the rear diff cover is cracked (but a 3 bolt cover will work), and will need a snap ring bought and installed for one of the axles diff-side splines. $200

Hoosiers QTP DOT slicks. Lots of use still left. Shows just a tiny amount of drying on the sidewalls, but the tires were kept at 30+ psi during non-track use to help counter this more. Also, one tire saw some inside fender lip contact at one point but I’ve since dressed up the edge where a little bit of rubber was disturbed. $450 for the set—will need time to take them to be un-mounted still.

CNC Staging Brake & all lines to install as a reversible mod (uses stock adapting fittings and parts) Currently designed to intersect the rear brake lines only and mounts on distribution block on firewall. Also will include a custom aluminum mounting bracket for the hand brake itself. $250

That’s about all I can think of for definite sale right now.

Most pics can be seen randomly throughout my build thread here:
http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179645

as well as my photobucket folder here
http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h209/91TSiGuy/Talon/

but if there’s a specific pic that you’re looking for and can’t find, please post up and I’ll get you a link to it as soon as I can--I want to be sure that everyone can know exactly what they are getting and there aren’t any weird surprises.

Also, all parts are still on the car and will need to be removed so please allow some extra time for me to do this before getting a chance to ship your purchase out..

Thanks for checking out my thread!
Old Oct 31, 2009, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

Sick car
Old Nov 1, 2009, 07:58 PM
Evolving Member

Thank you.

Things are selling fast it looks.

Fuel Cell
Bosch pumps
Intake manifold
Q45 TB
Deluxe Oil Catch Can
AEM Fuel Rail
Scattershield
HKS 280s
Corbeau Seat
RCI Harness

Oh, and the Tial BOV is now also available, has the silver/machined top. $160
Old Nov 10, 2009, 06:44 PM
Evolving Member

Items still left:

Turbo Kit
Valve Cover
Hose from valve cover
Tial BOV
AEM ECU setup
Oil Pressure gauge
COP plug cover
Custom Coolant can
QM clutch & Fidanza flywheel
Transmission
T-case
4 bolt rear from 5 speed
Spare 4 bolt diff

Some updates and changes:
The t-case seems to leak a bit of fluid that I've seen from having the car parked. Once again, I'm not sure to say if it's the seals or the yolk that's the cause since I had to swap both replacements on at the same time. Lowered price to $75

The spare 4 bolt will now just be the differential for sale. I plan on keeping the 2 axles around for future use since I overlooked the fact I could use them with an auto rear diff if I do get to go that route one day. The diff will still need a cover, however. Price for that will be $120

The transmission is now out of the car. Right now it has one stripped t-case bolt hole that I plan on heli-coiling (still need to buy this tool) and at one time one of the two 17mm mount bolt holes was stripped but then retapped but with SAE thread. I feel guilty that I forgot to remember and mention those things so price drop to $550

With the transmission out, the clutch now is too (flywheel will be coming off soon) Shown below are the condition of plates and discs. Plenty of life left in this.

Right now two of the wheels are off, and I'm going to get some extra jack stands to get the rears off too as soon as I can. Then the next thing on the list will be to get the tires unmounted and ready for a buyer of these.

The radiator and upper/lower lines--I've had a few people interested in just these, but I'd like to give the turbo kit buyer first dibs on whether or not they'd want these in the package. After that point, I'll have to update the thread with whether or not they'll still be for sale. (not sure if I want to sell them separately yet, honestly)

I also have for sale some other random DSM parts, that being:

VCE--remove your viscous coupler and lock the car in 50/50 drivetrain split. Good for dynoing fwd by installing this and dropping T-case $75 shipped to most places in US

1g Laser rims $40 picked up

3" Nitrile 90* elbow $10

Oil filter relocation brackets. Just need to supply your own -08 lines and Ford oil filter. $20

My first catch can, awww. :P $MakeOffer$

Pics of the above and other parts

Old Nov 11, 2009, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

I could imagine driving this thing when iits altogether.. PRobably CRAZY fast. Gl selling parts...
Old Dec 25, 2009, 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

Merry Christmas & happy DSM parts buying! Got some extra cash from the holidays and need something to spend it on? I think I can help....

Alrighty, here's an update as for what things are still available, and a few price drops to get these things moving.

42R Turbo Kit -- $3200 complete, $1400 for the turbo alone, $1800 for manifold and other included parts described previously. Any additional items wanted will be extra $ as mentioned.

Valve Cover w/-10an fitting--I was misspoken before, and it does look to be a bit thin paint-wise in the recessed bolt hole area unlike what I thought. I have more pics of this. Also want to make clear that it DOES NOT leak any oil. The pin hole in the rear is what was re-welded and then painted ~2 years ago. $60

Hose from valve cover w/hose ends-- $15 only with valve cover, or I'll just keep them around for future use

Tial BOV -- $140, no flange included but clamp and o-ring are

AEM ECU -- setup $1000 as described in the original description

Oil Pressure gauge -- $20

Custom Large Coolant can -- $80

5 speed Transmission -- Sale on HOLD

T-case -- Sale on HOLD

4 bolt rear from 5 speed -- Sale on HOLD

VCE -- $75 shipped to most places in US

1g Laser rims $40 picked up only

3" Nitrile 90* elbow $10

Some things to note:
First, all prices above are without shipping. I will get actual shipping quotes through work's UPS account.

The Hoosiers have sold, the clutch has sold, my first catch can and oil filter relocation have sold, the spare rear diff has sold, and the other parts on hold have all been taken to date(other than the bov as noted)

The drivetrain parts I feel I only want to deal with someone local with their sale and not with shipping, that is if I end up wanting to sell them again. Right now if I sell the basics above, I'll be content with meeting my needs, but if someone wants to buy them or work out something with maybe some auto parts we can talk.

That should be about it for now, thanks guys, and hopefully I can be a part of your 2010 builds.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

Valve cover and hose to run to catch can are sold.

Remaining parts:

42R Turbo Kit -- $3200 complete, $1400 for the turbo alone, $1800 for manifold and other included parts described previously. Any additional items wanted will be extra $ as mentioned.

AEM ECU -- setup $1000 as described in the original description

Oil Pressure gauge -- $20

Custom Large Coolant can -- $80

VCE -- $75 shipped to most places in US

1g Laser rims $40 picked up only

3" Nitrile 90* elbow $10
Old Feb 17, 2010, 09:34 AM
Evolving Member

Transmission is sold.

Laser rims may be spoken for.

Turbo, half of lower IC pipe, and turbo coolant/oil lines sold today. Remaining exhaust manifold and parts are $1600 plus shipping.

Someone buy this topmount now Smile
Old Apr 10, 2010, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

At this point, this is all I have left and/or want to sell from the Talon.

The AEM EMS I'm keeping, and a few other unsold items.

So.... time to make an offer on this remaining stuff guys. Everything in the picture is up for grabs as a whole package. The wastegate wil be sold separately only if the buyer of the manifold doesn't want it.

The aluminum exhaust will not be available to be shipped--don't want to deal with that hassle.

In the photos you'll see the one v-band clamp that has a few inner threads that were starting to strip, and a few spots on the exhaust that I "massaged" to make a little more clearance for other under-car items like the t-case and carrier bearing.

Let's make some deals here.

Old May 19, 2010, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

Exhaust setup in pics above minus the downpipe-back is still up for grabs.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 01:18 PM
Evolving Member

Everything I wanted sold is gone.

Lock up the thread.