Notices
Other Cars - For Sale - Wanting To Buy (WTB) Or Trade (WTT) Use this Forum to post your WTB/WTS threads for cars other than Lancer/Evolution and motorcycles as well. All the usual Marketplace rules apply here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

(NJ) 2001 Swapped Subaru RS Coupe, very clean, low miles

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2010, 08:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
(NJ) 2001 Swapped Subaru RS Coupe, very clean, low miles

SOLD!

2001 Impreza RS Coupe swapped USDM EJ205 motor from a WRX
Blue Ridge Pearl
Body has 71,600 miles
Motor has less than 30,000 miles
Trans has around 41,000 miles

The car is RUST FREE and just recently passed inspection (legally) back in March (NO CELs). This car was swapped back in 2003/2004 when it had 48k on car and around 3k on motor, transmission installed 8k miles ago. It is clean and extremely well documented. Previous owner kept every receipt and kept a great diary on the car, along with tons of pictures during its lifetime.

Pics:
http://phil.digital-mind.net/RS%20Sale/ForSale.html

Vin: JF1GM67501G402087

Engine:
EJ205, GFB Pulleys, Perrin blue IC hoses, stock WRX tmic, C&R radiator, Cusco hoses, 1 step colder ngk plugs (denso ik22), TRE performance 255 fuel pump with new seal, Lineage grounding kit, Cobb Stage 2 (AP V1), Mobile1 Synthetic every 3-3.5k

Transmission:
’06 WRX Transmission, Exedy Stage 1 Clutch (8k miles), Goodridge steel clutch line, kart boy shift bushings, Cobb adj. short shifter

Suspension:
SPT blue springs with KYB gr2 struts, Whiteline alk, rear adj Cusco swaybar, mrt blue endlinks rear, front sway Cusco with hardened mounts, front end links mrt, wrx front brake calipers, racebrake front slotted rotors, technia stainless brake lines all around, STi motor tranny and pitchfork group n, Cusco lower arm rear,
RS 6 spoke wheels with new rs-a's

Exterior:
v3 fully bumper assembly (authentic) with fog covers, STi rear tail lights, radiator cover, Cusco raditor cap, back rear windows tinted, painted “I” badge grill,
piaa wipers, clear sidemarkers and corners, JDM rear spats

Interior:
momo shift knob, rear deck lining, trunk light, leather shift boot

Ice/sound:
Viper alarm system, bquiet sound deading, 1k kenwood 2 channel amp, PIONEER DEH-P3900MP cd/mp3 player, Audiobahn 4 channel sub for speakers, PPI 1 farad cap, hidden ampwall in trunk, dei front and rear speakers with crossover wired for subs

Exhaust:
Cobb High Flow Full Turboback Exhaust, sti v4 catless uppipe

Issues:
I am very picky and will list all of the issues that I know with the car. Many of these are minor, but I do not want any “surprises” for a potential buyer.

• The number one reason and the reason for my reduced asking price is there is a slight rattling through the shifter and the trans is making some slight lashing/whining noises during deceleration. Car has a SS & bushings so it tends to amplify noise thru shifter. I had it checked by a trans shop and there were no major shavings on the front plug. They said it can be a common noise for subies to get over time and it is fine to drive around, but w/ out opening it up, there is no way to know what or if anything is wrong. Trans shifts like butter, no grinds whatsoever. I’ve been in other WRX’s that make similar noises.
• Shifter has an odd angle to it. Not really a big deal, when in third gear, it looks like it’s in neutral. Personally I think it’s the wrong SS for the car.
• Paint is good but not perfect and the car has some dings and scratches, mainly on doors and driver side fender and rock chips in the hood. Dings should be repairable with paintless. Most scratches can be buffed out.
• Needs new front brake pads.
• Clutch pedal can use a lube job. Squeaks at times in the cold and wet.

My original asking price on the car a few weeks ago was $11,000 (firm), which is fair and I was getting interest at the price, but took it off the market. Others in this condition are listing for more. However, my new asking price is reduced to $9,000 FIRM . I do not plan to reduce any further and I kindly request that if you don’t want to pay my asking price, please don’t inquire, because I will not budge much. The sexy Cobb TBE which I am including with the car alone is worth around $700 plus it comes with the COBB accessport. I have the title in my hand.

Last edited by EEVOH; Jan 20, 2010 at 02:01 PM.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

I’ve had some inquiries regarding power. The car is Cobb Tuning Stage 2, which is basically turboback and tune (plug and play). It has the full Cobb high flow turboback, which is one of the most desired exhausts in the Subaru community. It is pretty modest until you get on it and has a nice deep rumble to it at all times. The following link shows the typical dynograph for Cobb stage 2. I’ll try to get a video up soon.
http://www.cobbtuning.com/images_products/2657.jpg
This car is likely pushing slightly more due to the uppipe and pullies and with a pro tune, you'll be much higher. The car as it sits is capable of low to mid 13’s, but the handling is the key to this car.

I hope that answers any questions.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

Since i am getting lots of interest from long distances and requests for more pics, I have more high res pics and some vids for those that show extreme interest. I will not post here, but will email the link upon request. Reason for not posting is I dont want to cause any issues with the hosting server due to video size.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

Still available... Bump!
Old Jan 20, 2010, 02:01 PM
Evolving Member

sold!