Notices
Other Cars - For Sale - Wanting To Buy (WTB) Or Trade (WTT) Use this Forum to post your WTB/WTS threads for cars other than Lancer/Evolution and motorcycles as well. All the usual Marketplace rules apply here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

GA/ FS: 2000 Honda Civic Si

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2012, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up GA/ FS: 2000 Honda Civic Si

SOLD

Sold it to a new friend of mine, kept it local so i'll get to see her all the time im home, i know he's going to take care of her as good if not better than i did. Especially body wise. The fender is unpainted, but i am still getting him the doors. The Mechanical side is perfect, seriously, brand new brake rotors all around, SS Goodridge brake lines, and new ball joint. All he'll have to do is change the oil when the time comes!!!

Goodbye Sindy, I will miss you dearly...

Year: 2000
Make: Honda
Model: Civic Si
Color: Milano Red
VIN #: 1HGEM1154YL007720
Mileage: 131,XXX
Suspension: Factory Height.
Fuel: 93 octane. / Economy: 21-24city/26-28highway Still
A/C-Heat: Yes. Both in Great Working Condition.
Power Options: Cruise Control, Steering, Windows (2/3), Sunroof & Mirrors
Title: Clean & On Hand (With Carfax)
Owner: 2nd
Price: $4,700 Or Best Offer
Trades: Yes.
Reason for Sale: Have My eyes on another Daily Driver Car

A Walk Around with a standard camera: http://youtu.be/itZUfvGKfXA
Driving with a Go Pro HD: http://youtu.be/Yc8dhsKeyS4

Up for sale is my Civic Si i got back in November 2010 in Schwienfurt, Germany. I'm Active Duty Army and i was stationed in Bamberg, Germany for 3 1/2 years, i bought the civic coming back from my deployment from another service member. I purchased it at 97,000 miles. Had new tires (Kumho Ecsta 205/50/R15) from tirerack.com. I had them balanced and rotated to be put on a set of BBS alloys (6 spoke) from a late 90's model VW Golf. After the Tire's and wheels i changed out the spark plugs and spark plug wires, halogen headlights and intake box to NGK plugs (every 7,XXX miles), NGK plug wires, Phillips Bi-Xenon HID's (8000k/Xenon Blue), Injen Short Ram Intake.

Engine and Maintenance:
The B16A2 Engine and Hydro Trans has never been swapped. All Original.
I Had the Timing Belt, Water pump, Camshafts seals, Crankshaft seal replaced @ 120,000 miles with all OEM Honda parts from Majestic Honda (receipts) By Justin @Accuracy Performance Automotive. It does not pop out of gear, grind in any gears, or bellow out train smoke like most Hondas riding around. The VTEC system still kicks in as hard as when i got it @5600rpm. The only oil leakage it has is a very small amount coming from the oil drain plug just because i didn't change the gasket from the drain plug to the oil pan, i re-used the previous one. I just recently change the spark plug wires to another set of NGK wires @130,000 miles. I had an One-time Alignment done at Firestone on 1-12-2012.
-I have ALL the receipts from what i got for the car. I still even have the receipts from the gas purchases in Germany lol

Modifications:
DC Ceramic Header, Skunk2 C-Exhaust, Injen Short Ram Intake (spray painted in a flake black, as you would use on metal lawn furniture; not bad) Removed Chrome *Honda(painted black) & *Civic Emblems. [I hate chrome] Tinted Headlights from Ebay.com
I replaced the front rotors, and rear right with centric slotted rotors because they were eatin up by the snow/salt, Pads as well. @ around 107,000. Replaced the rear right brake line with a Goodridge SS brake line because of the wear on it dry-rotted.

Exterior:
Besides the BODY panel damage, it's pretty fair. The paint is still original. Even being in Germany(harsh winters) since 1999, there's no underbody rust. No holed out rust, just surface stuff [as shown in videos and pictures]
The only damage that has happend to the car since i've owned it is the rear bumper was hit in the parking lot I work at on post by someone and they didnt leave their information or even a sorry note. That scuffed up the rear left of the bumper and cracked it in the corner.

Interior: 8/10
The seats (front and rear) are perfect. No rips, holes, rough wear( im not a big guy) or stains. The carpet is pretty clean considering all the traveling i've done in the Si. There's 3-4 minor holes in the roof lining that are smaller than the edge of a q-tip. The a/c and heat blow hard and as they should, doesn't need recharging. Pioneer Mp3/Aux/Cd/Fm-AM w/ Front Aux/Ipod/USB hookups. Pre-wired 750watt Hifonics Amp with Capacitor (mounted to the back of the rear seats). I'll be honest, my wife and I did smoke in the car, but we kept the sunroof open during, there's no harsh brown or yellow stains on the liner and it doesn't smell like your dads sock drawer either.

Background:
I used this car 80% for traveling all throughout Europe with my wife and my friends. Now that it's stateside I use it for work and traveling back and forth from Ft. Bragg and Georgia. I've never used any less than 93 Octane since I've owned it. I've always changed the oil (Mobil 1 5w-30) at or around every 4,500 miles (recorded). Using Fram Filters in Germany and Mobil 1 M1-110 in the States. The Si took me EVERYWHERE, from Budapest, Hungary to London, Great Britian (I drove it all over Europe) And I loved it so much that i couldn't let it sit in Germany, so i imported/shipped it back with me when i left there back in August 2011. I have all the forms from germany to the u.s. customs. This is a USDM [Left Hand Drive] Civic Si [EM1] it just was sold at a Military car sales back in 1999 and never set tires in the U.S. until i brought it back. So that makes this a TRUE IMPORT lol. It has a Clean and Clear Georgia Title and Georgia State Tag (i have no emissions where i live so i don't have to test it ) , I had no issues getting a Title for it being i have all the supporting documents. (will come with sale) It's insured by USAA.

Bad:
1. Cosmetic Damage, Mostly to drivers side (previous owner scrapped down a guard rail on the autobahn & hit the other side on another guard rail)
2. CEL light it on, checked it with an OBD-II Scanner and it gave me the P0420 code (Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1) I'm guessing the Front 02 Sensor is bad, not sure. Doesn't affect driving.
3. Passenger Side Window is Off-track (common with power windows in early model civics)

Extra:
1. 3 OEM Si Wheels with 80% Treadlife Tires (Continental Sport Contact 205/50R15) I did not use these wheels/tires because i did not have a 4th, it was severely damaged in the accident with the guard rail. The other 3 wheels are roughed up, may be possible to resurface/polish them. They hold air fine.
2. AEM V2 Cold Air Intake (no filter).
3. Accidently ordered 2 rear main seals when i had the timing belt replaced.
4. OEM Airbox w/ filter.
5. OEM Headlights (i wouldnt use them because they have the lazy eye effect) cracked the plastic housing behind the glass.
6. 3 Goodridge Stainless steel braided Brake lines with all gaskets and shims.
7. Brand New still in the plastic wrap Greddy Ti-C C-Exhaust. (Does not come with listed price) [+$600] i was planning to replace the Skunk2 with this but never got around to it.

What it needs:
1. New owner.
2. Pads and Brake bleeding in the near future.

I wouldn't hesitate driving this car to Alaska and back with just doing an oil change. Even the all season tires (Kumho Ecsta ASX, i would buy another pair in a heartbeat) still have life in them considering i put them on brand new at 98,000 miles. It's been the most reliable car I've owned in the past few years .

I've listed Everything i can think of, If you have ANY questions about the car please post them here because someone else might have the same question, so lets kill 2 politicians with 1 bullet.
If you want to check it out in person i have no problems at all with that, you just have to work with my schedule because i'm back and forth from N. Carolina (weekdays) and Georgia (weekends). I work alot on my Evo so i don't give this car the attention it deserves i admit.

You can email me: @ killercd21@hotmail.com
You can text me: @ 478-456-1eight0four
No calls please, I'm always busy... i can answer texts quicker.

Thanks for Looking!!!

Last edited by killercd4G63; Apr 16, 2012 at 05:20 AM.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:23 AM

Hump Day Bumpay
Old Mar 20, 2012, 03:41 PM

One Week Bump
*Update
Repaint Valve Cover. Cleaned and Polished Throttle Body.

used VHT Wrinkle, New Valve Cover Gasket, Spark plugs tube gaskets and top mounted rubberized washers (8)

i unbolted and disconnected everything to clean it.

Old Mar 29, 2012, 02:53 PM

Good luck with the Sale.....

I forgot how long it takes a NA car to get to 120......thank god for boost.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 05:33 PM

So i took the car to Macon, Ga for a potential buyer to test drive it...

A week before i took all the wheels off and had it on jack stands to bleed the brakes (which turned out great) Then as i was putting the wheels back on, i tightened all the wheels lugs except for the driver's side front and AS the tester was driving it on I-75 Northbound... This happend...

Close up...

I take full blame for this.
it was no way the drivers fault, i heard a "rocking" noise as we were coming around the underpass right before the construction near pierce ave. on I-75 and i asked him to pull over right quick because i knew what it was, but it was too late, the wheel came off the hub (didn't strip the studs or anything) but the body of the car did drop down on the tire and that's what cause the fender to bend up. The car slid for about 20-30ft off to the right side of the road as the tire decided to go left in towards the median, but luckily the guard rail stopped it and No one was hurt.

What was damaged: Driver's side brake rotor, Lower ball joint and obviously the drivers side fender.
I had it towed off the interstate on a flat bed. I have it at Accuracy Performance Automotive in Fort Valley, Ga with Justin getting everything replaced. Apparently all happend at once, he went to crank it Monday evening and it wouldn't turn over so he did a little trouble shooting and found out my distributor went out which is apparently a problem with B16-B18 series motors (Si-Gsr's) But i'm getting all new parts and a black primed fender. Already shipped. Both Driver's side and passngers side brake rotors will be replaced just because you dont replace one rotor lol

I asked Justin to check everything underneath to be sure nothing else was damaged, the only other thing was the drivers side control arm was brushed up a little but not bent, i put the wheel back on but i haven't' driven it since.

The funniest part about it, is that the guy still wants to buy the car

He has first dibs, but if he decides to not get it, it'll be back up for sale.

this is just my kind of luck, as if the si doesn't want to leave me lol
Old Apr 16, 2012, 05:22 AM

*sold
Old Apr 19, 2012, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

How much did it sell for if you don't mind telling me?
Old Apr 19, 2012, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by oneofakindtrini
How much did it sell for if you don't mind telling me?
no problem

$4,300