Notices
Other Cars - For Sale - Wanting To Buy (WTB) Or Trade (WTT) Use this Forum to post your WTB/WTS threads for cars other than Lancer/Evolution and motorcycles as well. All the usual Marketplace rules apply here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

MD/FS: 2000 Stretched Jeep Wrangler Rock Crawler

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2012, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MD/FS: 2000 Stretched Jeep Wrangler Rock Crawler

Up for grabs is a 2000 TJ with a 2001 tub. The switch was done about two years ago due to a smashed A-pillar.

The engine is stock, save for the intake. It runs great and has 63K miles on it. The clutch was replaced two years ago. The Transmission is an NV3550 5 speed, terra low 4-1 transfer case with SYE. The transfer case was rebuilt two years ago and drives a Tom Woods drive shaft. The rear axle is a Dana 44, Yukon 4.88 gears with a 35 spline ARB air locker, 35 spline Alloy axles, and 5x5.5 bolt pattern hubs. Front axle is a high pinion Dana 44, Yukon 4.88 gears on an ARB air locker and Alloy shafts. It has the cross over steering with a Blue Torch Fab steering arm. I am running manual hubs, but I think I have some direct drive I can include.

The front axle is stretched forward 11 inches. The steering box and Warn 8000 winch are frenched between the frame rails. Under the hood hoops hold 16" coilovers. The rear frame was sectioned to allow for the coilovers. The rear is still set up for coilovers, but is currently equipped with coils and remote reservoir shocks. A roll cage has been added and though the back seat is still there it is difficult to get in and out of it. Very long arm links were made from thick walled tubing with RE joints. There is no problem with wheel hop. All of the links are fully adjustable.
All of this rides on 38.5X14.5 TSL/SX Super Swampers wrapped around Trail Ready beadlocks. I just changed the bolts and spaces. The front wheels are about 50% and the rear are about 75%. The rear has been trimmed to allow these to fit, though the flares hide the axe work.
Armor includes a 3/8" steel skid plate, tube fenders, corner guards, rocker skid guards, and kilby gas tank skid.

There is a York air compressor with a pressure switch and a 20 gallon tank in addition to the big ARB pump.

The rig only has 3.5 inches of lift, but just over 22" of clearance at the skid plate. The center of gravity is really low compared to others running this size tire, clearance, and flex.
This is a solid trail rig that drives on the road. I put 22 oz of BB's in the wheels for dynamic balancing. It does still have some death wobble if running over bumps at the 45-50 MPH range. The high back tweed seats are super comfortable, though the driver side is slightly worn from the five point harness. I drive it locally daily and trailer it to the trails. Someone looking for highway speeds might want to look at 35's on a street wheel. The windshield is cracked, but I will replace it before any sale (assuming a full price offer).

I have full doors, half doors with removable hard uppers with real glass. The black soft top keeps the weather out, but has seen better days. Also included is a tan bikini top. I am sure I forgot some stuff, but the standard stuff like CB and hand throttle are all there to. I have two or three boxes full of spares that come with the jeep. Ask any questions. This rig will go anywhere you can think to take it. More pictures are available upon request.

I would like to get $13k for this rig. I am interested in family orientated trades (read station wagon). Email is the best way to get a hold of me: hylomar(at)gmail(dot)com
Attached Thumbnails MD/FS: 2000 Stretched Jeep Wrangler Rock Crawler-crawling.jpg   MD/FS: 2000 Stretched Jeep Wrangler Rock Crawler-jeep1.jpg   MD/FS: 2000 Stretched Jeep Wrangler Rock Crawler-jeep2.jpg   MD/FS: 2000 Stretched Jeep Wrangler Rock Crawler-jeep3.jpg