Notices
Other Cars - For Sale - Wanting To Buy (WTB) Or Trade (WTT) Use this Forum to post your WTB/WTS threads for cars other than Lancer/Evolution and motorcycles as well. All the usual Marketplace rules apply here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

IL: FS/FT for evo 2000 6MT Stage 3 S4 76k miles MINT

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2012, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IL: FS/FT for evo 2000 6MT Stage 3 S4 76k miles MINT

sold!!!

Last edited by evowner17; Jun 23, 2012 at 04:00 PM. Reason: SOLD
Old Jun 4, 2012, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

Keep the offers coming! Feel free to make a REASONABLE offer.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 10:12 PM
Evolving Member

where'd you find a silver s4?!?!

car looks nice. I hope you obtain and enjoy an evo.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 11:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by akauf
where'd you find a silver s4?!?!

car looks nice. I hope you obtain and enjoy an evo.
Guess I got lucky with the silver Hoping to get back in an evo soon!

Updated pictures..They really do not do the car any justice. Have had several local people come look and they were all blown away with the condition of the car.

Can add cash for an evo, but not $10k lol.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 12:46 PM

love the car. currently debating selling my evo and picking up an AWD daily and a bike. this would be nice if i did that..
Old Jun 19, 2012, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bigguy24
love the car. currently debating selling my evo and picking up an AWD daily and a bike. this would be nice if i did that..
It's a great car. Every time I drive it I question if I actually want to get rid of it. If the right car or offer came along it would be tempting though..

You should trade me your car straight up haha I want a white 9 so bad.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I owned 2 stage 3 s4's prior to owning my evo needless to say those cars are nightmares with maintenance, always breaking, and MONEY PITS! as much as I used to love them I will never go back to one.

Your s4 looks very clean, but your asking price is way high considering what a clean, maintained k04 stage 3 goes for on audizine or Craigslist.

GL
Old Jun 23, 2012, 12:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by vinNybXx
I owned 2 stage 3 s4's prior to owning my evo needless to say those cars are nightmares with maintenance, always breaking, and MONEY PITS! as much as I used to love them I will never go back to one.

Your s4 looks very clean, but your asking price is way high considering what a clean, maintained k04 stage 3 goes for on audizine or Craigslist.

GL
Maintenance isn't that bad, not really sure why people assume these cars are so unreliable. The K03's are the main issue with these cars, along with the ABS module and maybe diverter valves. All of these things have been replaced. Timing belt job on S4 is cake compared to an evo. Not sure what S4's you've owned, but a properly maintained S4 will last a long time. I see a lot more 150k+ mile S4's than I do evos.

Any modified turbo car is going to have issues, evos are no different. I have owned both and had more issues with my first evo than I have with my A4 or S4.

Maintenance on any german car is expensive, but if you do the work yourself they are no more expensive than any other car.

My stage 3 is the cheapest, has the fewest miles, and is the cleanest on craigslist. The car will be gone by the end of this week, so I think my asking price was quite reasonable considering it only took 2 weeks to sell.

Also saw that you are trying to trade your evo for a B7 S4, so obviously you want to own an S4 again lol.

Thanks for the bump!
Old Jun 23, 2012, 04:00 PM
Evolving Member

sold!
Old Jun 23, 2012, 10:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by evowner17
Maintenance isn't that bad, not really sure why people assume these cars are so unreliable. The K03's are the main issue with these cars, along with the ABS module and maybe diverter valves. All of these things have been replaced. Timing belt job on S4 is cake compared to an evo. Not sure what S4's you've owned, but a properly maintained S4 will last a long time. I see a lot more 150k+ mile S4's than I do evos.

Any modified turbo car is going to have issues, evos are no different. I have owned both and had more issues with my first evo than I have with my A4 or S4.

Maintenance on any german car is expensive, but if you do the work yourself they are no more expensive than any other car.

My stage 3 is the cheapest, has the fewest miles, and is the cleanest on craigslist. The car will be gone by the end of this week, so I think my asking price was quite reasonable considering it only took 2 weeks to sell.

Also saw that you are trying to trade your evo for a B7 S4, so obviously you want to own an S4 again lol.

Thanks for the bump!
I still love audi's but as i said i will never go back to a b5 s4. B7 s4 is a wholeeee different ball game compared to a b5. Also the aux waterpump, transmission synchos, clutch, turbos especially , motor mounts are just SOME of the major expenses those cars have. Nothing is easy to change on that car unless you are mechanical inclined, there just is no space in the bay. Anyways man goodluck with the sale, dont mean to be a dick but just saying i see stage 3s cheap that are clean with all maintenance covered.

Btw i bought brand new k04s from jhm inlets, clutch the whole 9 yards had everything installed professionally at a welll reputable s4 on long island and 4k later i had a whining k04 turbo after dishing thousands, no shortcuts were taken with my car.

GL with the sale