Notices

Official Outlander Sport Mod List!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2011 | 08:03 AM
Evolved Member
FCOTM Winner

Official Outlander Sport Mod List!!

Well since my fiance has a new Outlander Sport I figured Id start a thread with info or links to anything aftermarket for it.

http://roadracemotorsports.com/store...dex&cPath=1_70
Old Sep 8, 2011 | 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

there's alot of Colt Speed products that are available but the prices are steep and they're located in canada. shipping to the states my be a hassle.
http://www.colt-speed.ca/#!vstc2=pag...vr-online-shop
i think a lot of the lancer parts will work too. like the rpw aultec pulley. the sport uses the 4b11 so im pretty sure it will work.

all are colt speed and prices are in canadian dollars

ram air intake (carbon fiber with K&N element) $1297

stainless exhaust $1535

ignition booster $706

hood dampers $278

strut tower bar $343

front cross member support $505

rear " " $359

stabilizer link adjust /Front $327 rear $326 both for $669

lowering springs 2WD $678

lowering springs AWD$687

ouch...

Alutec pulley 150 Australian
http://www.rpw.com.au/shop/index.php...emart&Itemid=1
Old Oct 19, 2011 | 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

I'm now able to tune the ECU in these cars, just finishing testing on my own vehicle and will report before and after results with basic mods and a tune.
Old Nov 14, 2011 | 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Hiboost
I'm now able to tune the ECU in these cars, just finishing testing on my own vehicle and will report before and after results with basic mods and a tune.
Can't wait to hear the results!
Old Dec 29, 2011 | 09:59 AM

Any status on this?
Old Dec 29, 2011 | 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Updates!

I've been busy prepping my Evo for the 2012 One Lap as of late but I did finally install the RRM lightweight pulley and RRM Exhaust headers. So far the pulley is working out fine and there is zero indicaction that it is on the car besides a bit better response and acceleration. Granted it was likely under 5 HP worth but along with the headers the car is now most definitely faster. I'm happy that there is no extra vibration from the mod and the engine runs as smooth as it ever has.

I have a 3rd gear plot before vs after and while the difference is more in the mid to upper RPM range, the increase was similar to the K&N panel filter (The Evo X one fits) with enlarged cold air ducting along with my custom tune.

I have dyno sheets of the K&N along with tune that I can post in a few days, just a matter of scanning them in at work when I have time. Increases were around the 8-10% range and with the headers and pulley it's probably in the 15-20% range over stock.

The RRM exhaust headers look good but you have to cut a slot in the flange to make it clear the transfer case since when it was originally made for the Lancer they weren't planning for it to work on an Outlander Sport. While that part wasn't that hard, I'm still trying to get the donut gasket area to seal up 100% as I still have an exhaust leak when at 50%+ throttle where exhaust pressure starts to increase.

I've swapped in a newer donut gasket that I had to hammer onto the flange so I know the inside isn't leaking. I'm still trying to pinpoint where the exhaust leak is now since it won't leak at idle even if you rev it. I'll jack it up again in a few more days when a leak will be more obvious since there should be some black soot and then I can get it all sealed up and ready for a final dyno tune.

While the car isn't going to come close to a turbo upgrade, it's still got quite a bit more bite to it than it had bone stock and I'm satisfied with this combo for a daily driver/winter driver car now. The car now has good acceleration at 4000+ RPM and really seems to kick in the airflow at the 5000-6000 range.
Old Dec 29, 2011 | 09:43 PM

Nice! Sounds great! Looking forward to seeing your results.
Old Jan 7, 2012 | 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

Just an FYI!!! Any Evo x panel filter will fit on these!!! I just installed a perrin filter on my wifes sport, but have yet to try it!!! Will give an update, but I would think it would be the same as a K&n as far as performance goes!
Old Jan 8, 2012 | 08:35 AM

K&N uses the same performance air filter part number for both the 2011 Outlander Sport and the 2009 Lancer.
Old Jan 8, 2012 | 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Yes it's the same exact part number, and I've used it for the last 4 months. Pretty sure I reported somewhere that it worked fine but can't remember where.
Old Jan 9, 2012 | 03:41 PM

Hey HiBoost, any status on your tune? Details?
Old Jan 9, 2012 | 11:13 PM
Evolved Member

Still haven't scheduled a trip back for the final tune but I have my dyno graphs on the first round scanned in finally. I'll be busy tomorrow at work but promise to post them up no matter what as soon as I get out.
Old Feb 6, 2012 | 07:23 AM
EvoM Moderator

Does anyone know the K&N Part number that they are referring to? I want to grab a K&N Filter, or possibly the Road Race Short Ram Intake, but was hoping I could get more info on both. The lancer crowd seems to not like the RR SRI too much, and seeing as its the same motor, that bothers me.
Old Feb 6, 2012 | 07:35 AM
EvoM Moderator

Updates!

I've been busy prepping my Evo for the 2012 One Lap as of late but I did finally install the RRM lightweight pulley and RRM Exhaust headers. So far the pulley is working out fine and there is zero indicaction that it is on the car besides a bit better response and acceleration. Granted it was likely under 5 HP worth but along with the headers the car is now most definitely faster. I'm happy that there is no extra vibration from the mod and the engine runs as smooth as it ever has.

I have a 3rd gear plot before vs after and while the difference is more in the mid to upper RPM range, the increase was similar to the K&N panel filter (The Evo X one fits) with enlarged cold air ducting along with my custom tune.

I have dyno sheets of the K&N along with tune that I can post in a few days, just a matter of scanning them in at work when I have time. Increases were around the 8-10% range and with the headers and pulley it's probably in the 15-20% range over stock.

The RRM exhaust headers look good but you have to cut a slot in the flange to make it clear the transfer case since when it was originally made for the Lancer they weren't planning for it to work on an Outlander Sport. While that part wasn't that hard, I'm still trying to get the donut gasket area to seal up 100% as I still have an exhaust leak when at 50%+ throttle where exhaust pressure starts to increase.

I've swapped in a newer donut gasket that I had to hammer onto the flange so I know the inside isn't leaking. I'm still trying to pinpoint where the exhaust leak is now since it won't leak at idle even if you rev it. I'll jack it up again in a few more days when a leak will be more obvious since there should be some black soot and then I can get it all sealed up and ready for a final dyno tune.

While the car isn't going to come close to a turbo upgrade, it's still got quite a bit more bite to it than it had bone stock and I'm satisfied with this combo for a daily driver/winter driver car now. The car now has good acceleration at 4000+ RPM and really seems to kick in the airflow at the 5000-6000 range.

Can you please post any/all dyno info you have for the car? I'm willing to bet you are the first person to ever dyno one of these lol
Old Feb 7, 2012 | 07:13 AM

Still haven't scheduled a trip back for the final tune but I have my dyno graphs on the first round scanned in finally. I'll be busy tomorrow at work but promise to post them up no matter what as soon as I get out.
Still waiting

Quick Reply: Official Outlander Sport Mod List!!