Outie Sport Bull Bar

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2013, 07:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Outie Sport Bull Bar

Anytone had this on their Outie? Saw them from this website:

www.broadfeet.com
Attached Thumbnails Outie Sport Bull Bar-2011-outlander-bull-bar-black-copy.jpg   Outie Sport Bull Bar-2011-outlander-bull-bar-copy-polished.jpg  

Last edited by dondi0210; Mar 3, 2013 at 07:57 PM.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 09:24 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
The chrome one looks awful IMO. Very, VERY "pep boys" looking.

The black one, however, I really want to say I don't like it but I'm having a hard time making myself say that...
Old Mar 3, 2013, 09:28 PM
EvoM Moderator

If I had to park on the street in the city, I'd most definitely have one of these, though:

Even though it looks god-awful, I hate when the city retards try to parallel park.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

I like the black one but it will keep my parking sensor beeping unless i turn it off...
Old Mar 4, 2013, 10:19 AM
EvoM Moderator

re-mount the parking sensors to the front of the bull bar
Old Mar 4, 2013, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Burtonrider1002
If I had to park on the street in the city, I'd most definitely have one of these... Even though it looks god-awful, I hate when the city retards try to parallel park.
Tell me about it. When I parked in downtown running an errand a few weeks ago I found a few chip/indentations resembling someone's front plate screws on my rear bumper. What pissed me off was that the person in the back has all the space he needs since his car is at the end of the block. Now, I would pick a chrome front bull bar knowing I can get my revenge on the people who do my wrong. Lol/ jk.

Now back to topic, I think with bull bars and piaa fogs it would make it have that rally look which I like. Which of course, why I have the O Sport in the first place is to take what mother nature's surprises with it's AWC.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 11:47 PM
EvoM Moderator

Originally Posted by f3nrir125
Tell me about it. When I parked in downtown running an errand a few weeks ago I found a few chip/indentations resembling someone's front plate screws on my rear bumper. What pissed me off was that the person in the back has all the space he needs since his car is at the end of the block. Now, I would pick a chrome front bull bar knowing I can get my revenge on the people who do my wrong. Lol/ jk.

Now back to topic, I think with bull bars and piaa fogs it would make it have that rally look which I like. Which of course, why I have the O Sport in the first place is to take what mother nature's surprises with it's AWC.
I LIVE in the ****ty of Chicago, and you can't even imagine how little the people in this town care about your stuff. Many drivers will intentionally tap your car so they know when to stop. I saw a guy once not even use his mirrors when backing into a parallel parking spot...

Anyways, I refuse to park on the street for the most part, but one night my GF and I went into the Loop to meet a friend of mine at a restaurant, and I parked on the street. Now this was TWO parking spots. Like this:

__-->____[___][XXX]====

This was a one-way street, the left area is a "20 feet from the corner" no-no zone, and in front of my car, which is designated by the [XXX], was anther no parking zone, designated by the ====. So I get out, and think my car will be nice and safe here. No one to park in front of me and back in to my front, and the guy behind me will have plenty of room to not tap my bumper. As I'm standing next to my front passenger side tire putting money in the parking meter, I here a loud CRUNCH. I look around the meter and some *** clown had just hard core backed into my front end. I was FURIOUS. Dude gave me his insurance, and they covered it no problem. Painting a front bumper on an Arctic White Outlander Sport and redoing the black carbon fibre vinyl on the grill will run you ~$1,200 if anyone was curious. Also, if he backs up hard enough to bend your radiator fins and smush your AC condenser, it will be another ~$1,200. Yup, grand total for repairing my front end after a parking bump was just shy of $2,500. I even got three estimates from three different shops, too, BTW.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Burtonrider1002
I LIVE in the ****ty of Chicago, and you can't even imagine how little the people in this town care about your stuff. Many drivers will intentionally tap your car so they know when to stop. I saw a guy once not even use his mirrors when backing into a parallel parking spot...

Anyways, I refuse to park on the street for the most part, but one night my GF and I went into the Loop to meet a friend of mine at a restaurant, and I parked on the street. Now this was TWO parking spots. Like this:

__-->____[___][XXX]====

This was a one-way street, the left area is a "20 feet from the corner" no-no zone, and in front of my car, which is designated by the [XXX], was anther no parking zone, designated by the ====. So I get out, and think my car will be nice and safe here. No one to park in front of me and back in to my front, and the guy behind me will have plenty of room to not tap my bumper. As I'm standing next to my front passenger side tire putting money in the parking meter, I here a loud CRUNCH. I look around the meter and some *** clown had just hard core backed into my front end. I was FURIOUS. Dude gave me his insurance, and they covered it no problem. Painting a front bumper on an Arctic White Outlander Sport and redoing the black carbon fibre vinyl on the grill will run you ~$1,200 if anyone was curious. Also, if he backs up hard enough to bend your radiator fins and smush your AC condenser, it will be another ~$1,200. Yup, grand total for repairing my front end after a parking bump was just shy of $2,500. I even got three estimates from three different shops, too, BTW.
You don't seem upset at all

Seriously on the bars these will not do a lot for you other than take scratches, I had one on my old Sport Trac it was and underwhelming upgrade when all was said and done... I also have some concerns about adding visual weight to the already heavy looking front end of the trac. Plus the color contrast on anything not black will be wild considering the black/body color/chrome thing already going on up there.

just my pennies...