Notices

Dashcam : Crashes & Road Rage

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2014 | 10:58 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation Dashcam : Crashes & Road Rage

What do you see on your daily commutes?

I'll start -
This happened this pass Monday Jan. 13, 2014.
On my way to pick up my wife for our Lamaze class.

Such a shame.
Poor girl who drove that Land Rover... She had no way to avoid this driver.
Old Jan 15, 2014 | 01:20 AM
Account Disabled

That was totally your fault for letting letting that driver in and pressuring him to go!
Old Jan 15, 2014 | 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Wesley Eng
That was totally your fault for letting letting that driver in and pressuring him to go!

Really. How so?

Looked more like he spent a bit too much time at Bone Daddy's and needed to get home quick.
Old Jan 15, 2014 | 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

That ladies and gentlemen is why you never let someone out into traffic like that.
Old Jan 15, 2014 | 07:55 AM
Evolving Member

You had 100+ feet in front of you I am not sure why you stopped to let him turn. The porsche is clearly at fault. I had someone pull the same move as the porsche and hit me because they made the assumption that if two lanes aren't moving, all 3 must be stopped.
Old Jan 15, 2014 | 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Fascinating..

Most sane drivers would see there's Plenty of room to pull into the lane in front AND still have enough space AND time to Courteously merge over to the left - into the lane they wanted eventually.

It was beyond logic to understand why he felt the urge to try and slip between two Large SUVs just to get there a second sooner.
Old Jan 15, 2014 | 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Not ops fault at all, your somewhat obligated to leave enough room for incoming drivers at intersections like that. The Porsche was not being careful enough in taking the time to look both ways. He just casually drove on through without a care. What did he think that nobodies using that lane? Lol looked like a true novice driver to me!
Old Jan 15, 2014 | 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Wesley Eng
How is it the OPs fault that a car jumped into a lane without looking or stopping? Some people seriously worry me.

If I were in the OPs car, I would assume that the Porsche was looking to get into the lane that he was traveling in. It's called courtesy and you stop to let someone in... He had no way of knowing that the Porsche was trying to get all the way into the far left lane.

I'm going to go on a rant here and complain about the current generation where everything is someone else's fault and nobody is held accountable for their actions. The Porsche is 100% at fault and should have been tickted for failure to yield.

Last edited by ILuvJDM; Jan 15, 2014 at 09:12 AM.
Old Jan 15, 2014 | 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

Why do people remain in a driving lane (often the left lane) after a minor accident like this? It was clearly a low speed and minor accident, and both vehicles are likely safe to drive. Why not move into that huge parking lot on the right and inspect the vehicles there?
Old Jan 15, 2014 | 10:06 AM
Account Disabled

I was being sarcastic.
Old Jan 15, 2014 | 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Well that's good news, a little bit of my faith in humanity has been restored
Old Jan 15, 2014 | 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

^
I have known Wes for some time now... (online-forum-time, that is.)

I figure he was layering on the extra sarcasm with his post. (But, in case he wasn't - I'd left some wiggle room for him to share more of his thoughts on the matter. )

To:
EvoVIIIxoxo
ILuvJDM
Appreciate the sentiments..
I'm just glad I didn't witness a worse accident. That Porsche owner could have gotten T-boned and suffered some serious personal injuries.

Since he was able to walk away from this, hopefully he learned something and he'll never try this stunt again. Ever.

Originally Posted by ksattic
Why do people remain in a driving lane (often the left lane) after a minor accident like this? It was clearly a low speed and minor accident, and both vehicles are likely safe to drive. Why not move into that huge parking lot on the right and inspect the vehicles there?
Good question.

Last edited by mRVRsport; Jan 15, 2014 at 12:26 PM.
Old Apr 3, 2014 | 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation Tire in the Road.. shtttTTT!

Who the hell would leave a tire right in the middle of an off-ramp!?
Here's an example of the benefit of our 8.5" ground clearance... It saved our hides today.

Plus my wife's cool composure.
Old Apr 3, 2014 | 09:40 PM
Evolving Member

Wow! That was a whole tire? I had hit plenty of cones and gone off course autocrossing in the DSM, and my lip had survived them all, until one day I hit a huge tire scrap on the interstate that put my lip to misery. Sounded like my transmission fell to the earth.

Glad you guys were safe.
Old Apr 4, 2014 | 06:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LUNARFX
Wow! That was a whole tire? I had hit plenty of cones and gone off course autocrossing in the DSM, and my lip had survived them all, until one day I hit a huge tire scrap on the interstate that put my lip to misery. Sounded like my transmission fell to the earth.

Glad you guys were safe.
Yes sir, those tires bits will do that.
(We hit one on the expressway in our 330i and it ripped out parts from BOTH front and back bumpers. Pissed me off. Plus, it sounded like we ran over a baby steer.)

Hope no one hit that thing going full speed, like in a Vette or similarly low vehicle....

I can't imagine if that tire was any bigger/wider... Even with our 8.5" clearance we still gave it a good scrap. (as you can hear in the video) We couldn't really slam on our brakes cause there was a old F150 truck right behind us coming off the highway also, nor try to go around the thing since there was concrete barriers on both sides of this particular off ramp and not enough room to maneuver.

Yeah, me too! We were lucky.

Last edited by mRVRsport; Apr 4, 2014 at 06:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Dashcam : Crashes & Road Rage