Notices

6 speaker system?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 04:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd recommend getting the factory Rockford Fosgate system. It was a must with the O sport after having one in my lancer. I used to think the infinity system they put in the older eclipse was awesome, but not anymore.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 10:27 AM

I have the 2015 OS SE and I have the tweeters but don't have the RF system.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 12:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hoopvillian
I'm kind of glad they put tweeter mounts there for every model. Makes it easy to upgrade. Deceptive advertising though.
I agree. Even though its a rip off to not have the tweeters in there at least i can install some it will have a clean look.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 12:14 PM

I am still working on my 2010 Evo X rebuild. It is going well. Just need front sheet metal. Anyway, while I was at I thought I would upgrade the audio system to the Rockford Fosgate system. I assembled all of the pieces (dash unit, speakers, tweeters, subwoofer, amp) and installed the subwoofer (unused wire connection was there in the trunk thank goodness) and the front and rear speakers. The original front and rear speakers were the exact same part. I didn't notice that the front and rear RF speakers were different until I was installing the rears. So, I really don't know which P/N should be in the front doors and which should be in the rear doors. Probably really not that hard to find out. So, when I went to install the amp I found out that the floor wiring harness in my Evo did not have the connections for the amp. Bummer. So I bought a correct floor harness, gutted my interior and swapped it out. Not a fun job for someone who isn't as limber as I used to be. When I was all done and the interior was back together I tested the system. Front speakers and tweeters sound fantastic. Thing is I am not getting anything from the rear speakers or the subwoofer. Someone suggested I see if the rear windows went up and down because they use the same connection as the speakers. Windows work fine. I thought maybe my car didn't have the 30 amp fuse in slot 31 for the amplifier. Nope, it was there and good. So, I'm at a bit of a loss why my rear speakers and subwoofer are not working. I am pretty sure I got everything connected in regards to the replacement floor wiring harness. As I unplugged a connection with the original harness I would plug in the new connection so that I wouldn't miss anything. I suppose I could have still missed something. My question is does anyone have any ideas? Logic dictates that I missed a connection. If I inadvertently installed the front speakers in the rear and the rear in the front would that cause this type of issue? I would think if I did that it wouldn't effect the subwoofer. Please help!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Weathergeek; Today at 12:06 PM. Reason: more
Old Mar 20, 2015, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Weathergeek
I am still working on my 2010 Evo X rebuild. It is going well. Just need front sheet metal. Anyway, while I was at I thought I would upgrade the audio system to the Rockford Fosgate system. I assembled all of the pieces (dash unit, speakers, tweeters, subwoofer, amp) and installed the subwoofer (unused wire connection was there in the trunk thank goodness) and the front and rear speakers. The original front and rear speakers were the exact same part. I didn't notice that the front and rear RF speakers were different until I was installing the rears. So, I really don't know which P/N should be in the front doors and which should be in the rear doors. Probably really not that hard to find out. So, when I went to install the amp I found out that the floor wiring harness in my Evo did not have the connections for the amp. Bummer. So I bought a correct floor harness, gutted my interior and swapped it out. Not a fun job for someone who isn't as limber as I used to be. When I was all done and the interior was back together I tested the system. Front speakers and tweeters sound fantastic. Thing is I am not getting anything from the rear speakers or the subwoofer. Someone suggested I see if the rear windows went up and down because they use the same connection as the speakers. Windows work fine. I thought maybe my car didn't have the 30 amp fuse in slot 31 for the amplifier. Nope, it was there and good. So, I'm at a bit of a loss why my rear speakers and subwoofer are not working. I am pretty sure I got everything connected in regards to the replacement floor wiring harness. As I unplugged a connection with the original harness I would plug in the new connection so that I wouldn't miss anything. I suppose I could have still missed something. My question is does anyone have any ideas? Logic dictates that I missed a connection. If I inadvertently installed the front speakers in the rear and the rear in the front would that cause this type of issue? I would think if I did that it wouldn't effect the subwoofer. Please help!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure how the wiring for the windows would be the same as the speaker cables (other than possibly being in the same bundle, but NOT the same wires. So that still wouldn't answer the problem.)

If you are confident that you wired everything backup correctly.
Then the other other quick test/check >>

I suggest you look into the Fader adjustments and make sure it's not turned all the way to the Fronts. Make sure they are set to the middle for BOTH Front and Rear speakers.

Old Mar 20, 2015, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts

It is not a simple plug and play if you want it work like factory install. The ECU of your car needs to be programmed. You have three choices to make it work (provided the wiring is correct):
1. Take it to the dealer and have them program it for you with their MUT III interface. There will be a charge for programming.
2. Purchase an OBD 2 interface (ACTIA, the incorrect name for the listings are under LEXIA name) from Ebay and install either Diagbox or ETACS Decoder program (this option is only for those fellas, who first read the manual before hitting any button; the learning is not an afternoon job). This will give you additional programming options thogh.
3. Find someone in your neighborhood, who has the device and the experience.
From this registered users' site you can pick someone near you:
http://etacsdecoder.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=33
I have used Diagbox to program few things and there one has to change in the Vehicle Options main menu the "number of speakers" option form 4 or 6 (whatever you have there currently) to "premium" settings.
If you opt for 2. please, please take the time and make sure you know what you are doing. With a single wrong click you may set off a bunch of error messages or you may even disable your EVO (it simply will not start). There is no room for random experimentation here. Hope this helps.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 08:47 AM

Smile Never thought of that?

Sorry for any confusion. The rear windows don't use the same wiring. They use the same wiring bundle. They plug into the same harness. If the windows didn't work then that would suggest I didn't plug in the harness properly. Additionally, the first thing I checked when I didn't get any sound to the rear was the fader. Nothing. AWCAWD's post is intriguing. I never considered that it might be a ECU issue. Everything I have is OEM Rockford Fosgate for my Evo. I appreciate the help and will get the ECU checked out.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
.... AWCAWD's post is intriguing. I never considered that it might be a ECU issue. Everything I have is OEM Rockford Fosgate for my Evo. I appreciate the help and will get the ECU checked out.
If you had the Rockford Fosgate unit already before the swap then it must have been in the proper ("premium") selection. There might be other settings that should be changed. The MMC (Mitsubishi Multi Communication system, practically the fancy name for the OEM touch screen unit) allows you to retrieve some data (like fuel consumption statistics) and also program some items directly without an OBD interface. If you are using the OEM wiring you may need to enable these items from the ECU to achieve proper functions. Mitsubishi actually calls this part of the electronic control ETACS:
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/...ary/etacs.html

Even simple items like fog lights are specified in the ETACS whether they are present or absent. Furthermore, even with the fog lights there are different settings as some models use a separate bulb as DRL housed in the fog light assembly (SE in the US and GT in Canada), while others have single bulb fog light design and the DRL is a lower power setting of the low beam halogen (ES in the States and ES and SE in Canada). Such simple items can be installed without writing into the ETACS but may not use the same circuits and wiring as the OEM installations. I would probably ask the dealer as it appears that there is no registered user of the Axia interface in California yet.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 05:37 AM

OMG these are empty....lmao!

I have an 2015 RVR SE Limited and I can assure you mine are not there.

I assume these are pre-wired, however I'm not sure the stock head end would support any additional speakers?