Notices

O.S. TPMS warning light fix

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2014, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
O.S. TPMS warning light fix

I talked to Mike @ MDR Performance and he told me how to fix the TPMS sensor warning light that is always on in my car, do to the fact that I have stretched tires on 18x9's and the sensors would not fit.
The mod looks pretty simple I researched it on Youtube a bit and it seems like all you need is a section of 3" PVC pipe (2) 3" PVC end caps, PVC glue, a bit of soft stuffing, and a screw on Valve stem.

Steps look something like this:
  • Cut the pipe to desired length
  • Glue 1 end cap on
  • Drill out hole for screw on valve stem
  • Screw on the new valve stem
  • Fill the pipe with the TPMS sensors and stuffing
  • Glue on the second end cap
  • Pressurize the container
  • Place container in the car i.e. glove box or under you seat ect.
Anyone tried this yet for your winter tires or aftermarket tires ect?

I bough this screw on valve stem for cheap.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/380799177375?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Last edited by TEXAS TRAVISTY; Oct 3, 2014 at 09:13 AM.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
I have been following this forum for a while but never posted anything yet. I use dedicated winter tires and swap my wheels twice a year and I believe there is a much better way to fix your problem. The ETACS of our OS/RVR/ASX can be programmed with the use of an interface called Lexia (available from ebay). One must use one of the two following programs: Diagbox or ETACS Decoder. You may completely disable the TPMS system for good (remember, eventually the batteries will die in the sensors and you will need a permanent solution even if you attempt to make your pressurized can). One can also program other nice things like automatic locking/unlocking the doors, preventing the fuel consumption monitoring to reset after 4 hours, changing the rear viper intermittent time, and many more things. The circumference of the tire can also be changed (for those, who wish to modify their tire sizes significantly) to keep the speedometer readings accurate. There are many people even in this forum, who use this device.
I admit the learning how to use the program could be an issue. If you do not wish to put the effort and time to have your own device you may ask someone in your area to do the programming for you (I personally helped six Mitsu owners in the Montreal area so far). I just noticed that there is a registered cable owner in College Station, Texas, ~100 miles from you, who can do the job. The link to the list of registered cable owners can be found here:
http://etacsdecoder.com/forum/showth...?tid=33&page=2
Good luck.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You need to know how to read code or program code? What difficulty level would this be and how much is the coder ETACS?
Old Oct 4, 2014, 06:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
No, you do not need to know the program language. These programs can be installed under Windows operating systems and one can select the language (English is one of the options). First, you need to purchase the interface from ebay sellers (the interface goes incorrectly under the name of Lexia; in fact Lexia is the name of an obsolete software before the development of Diagbox). Diagbox has been developed for the French clones of Mitsubishi (Peugeot 4008 and Citroen C4 Aircross are the OS/RVR/ASX equivalents). ETACS decoder is a completely new development. The credit for development of ETACS decoder and the adaptation of Diagbox to our Mitsubishi cars should go to two gentlemen under user names of "Vadimus" and "Earl Vadym". The programs are available in the internet for free, a;though donations for ETACS decoder are welcome but not mandatory.
The entire tread for Lexia/Diagbox use is here:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...imus-help.html
and the forum for ETACS Decoder is here:
http://etacsdecoder.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2
The installation and learning the programming is not a Sunday afternoon project but many people were able to do it and this community is growing.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by AWCAWD
No, you do not need to know the program language. These programs can be installed under Windows operating systems and one can select the language (English is one of the options). First, you need to purchase the interface from ebay sellers (the interface goes incorrectly under the name of Lexia; in fact Lexia is the name of an obsolete software before the development of Diagbox). Diagbox has been developed for the French clones of Mitsubishi (Peugeot 4008 and Citroen C4 Aircross are the OS/RVR/ASX equivalents). ETACS decoder is a completely new development. The credit for development of ETACS decoder and the adaptation of Diagbox to our Mitsubishi cars should go to two gentlemen under user names of "Vadimus" and "Earl Vadym". The programs are available in the internet for free, a;though donations for ETACS decoder are welcome but not mandatory.
The entire tread for Lexia/Diagbox use is here:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...imus-help.html
and the forum for ETACS Decoder is here:
http://etacsdecoder.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2
The installation and learning the programming is not a Sunday afternoon project but many people were able to do it and this community is growing.

@ AWCAWD,

Firstly, Welcome to the forum.

Second, I appreciate you sharing the quick CliffNotes on 'Lexia' and its background and current development. I've heard of Lexia being mentioned several times in this section of the forum but never bothered to dig any further. Your links and the developers' background info has tweaked my interest and I'll have to now add this one to my other long lists of To-Do projects.

Thank you for your insight.

Last edited by mRVRsport; Oct 4, 2014 at 08:21 AM.