Notices

Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2015, 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
Fog Lights

Hey guys, does any one have a PDF or download to install the fog light kit. I got a set of rigid industries LED small driving lights that I am planning to retro fit into the fog light inserts, but am looking for a good cable rout or a way to pop those guys out.
Thanks
Old Jan 15, 2015, 02:48 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Hamman
Hey guys, does any one have a PDF or download to install the fog light kit. I got a set of rigid industries LED small driving lights that I am planning to retro fit into the fog light inserts, but am looking for a good cable rout or a way to pop those guys out.
Thanks
Sure do. OEM install guide attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
MZ380547EX - Fog Lamp Kit.pdf (381.8 KB, 0 views)
Old Jan 17, 2015, 04:41 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the info! I ended up doing my own kit. Got some UTV style lights that are sealed and ready to install with a plug and play kit with all needed fuses and relays. I cut out the inner part of the fog light cover and used some bracketery to hold the lights in place. Ran the wiring up along front of motor and hide all wiring. Ran a wire through the firewall where the main harness goes and up to the dash by the ASC button. Pushed out a blank and still need to cut out a hole to allow the switch to go. Here they are turned on. Gonna test them out tonight! Saved me 200$ Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Fog Lights-img_2761.jpg   Fog Lights-img_2765.jpg   Fog Lights-img_2762.jpg   Fog Lights-img_2763.jpg  
Old Jan 17, 2015, 04:41 PM
Evolving Member

Really? Sideways! Maybe someone can help out with that....
Old Jan 17, 2015, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
use the Force Luke...

They look really good.
How many watts?

Last edited by mRVRsport; Jan 17, 2015 at 05:56 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 03:39 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Aw man, did you take any pics of the mounts/brackets before you put the bumper back on? I have a set of projector fogs sitting at home waiting for me to find time to fab some brackets.

And mRVR, unfortunately, I cannot edit/modify his attachments as far as I know. He'd have to rotate them, and then edit the post to attach the corrected ones, but thanks for taking care of it!
Old Jan 18, 2015, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Burtonrider1002
Aw man, did you take any pics of the mounts/brackets before you put the bumper back on? I have a set of projector fogs sitting at home waiting for me to find time to fab some brackets.

And mRVR, unfortunately, I cannot edit/modify his attachments as far as I know. He'd have to rotate them, and then edit the post to attach the corrected ones, but thanks for taking care of it!
Sure thing.
Glad to help out.
(it was a strain to twist my neck sideways to view those pics any how. )

Seems like we have similar dilemmas...
I finally have the custom hood strut brackets made, but I don't have anyone to help photo/film while I install them, so they're just sitting on my desk.

Same goes for the backup floodlight unit I'd made (based off of your license LED light)
Old Jan 19, 2015, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

Actually not sure of the wattage. I got them from work as they where old display models and no box or paperwork. I utilized the 3 holes behind the fog blank. Made a U shape bracket that the sandwiches between the light and the pre-tapped holes on the bumper. Ran the wires up along the bumper. Everything is hidden except the relay. The hardest part was going through the fire wall. Had to have the wife help out.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

I was going to ask. Where the ASC button is are two extra blanks. Has anyone ever seen one that I can use to switch the lights on/off that would fit in the OEM spot? It need to be a 3 way. If not I'll leave it be. thanks
Old Feb 24, 2015, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For your switch, did you run a wire in the firewall through the driver side? I dont want to drill a hole on the firewall.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 11:15 AM
Evolving Member

I did, you will see a giant rubber grommet where the main harness runs through. Poke a hole through there, be careful of the wires behind it. I then ran a wire taped to the harness and fed it down to where the brake/gas pedal is and zip tied everything nice and tight. Start to finish took me about 3hrs from install to putting away tools.