Notices

2015 HID Xenon headlights

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2015 | 05:29 PM

2015 HID Xenon headlights

Does anyone else if previous models like the 2012-2014 HID Xenon headlights would be a direct swap as well? Or did they change?
Old Sep 27, 2015 | 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

disregard last post.

Last edited by Nast_Nas; Sep 27, 2015 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Change.
Old Sep 27, 2015 | 05:40 PM
Evolving Member

All the xenon hid headlights for 11+ are all the same.
Old Sep 27, 2015 | 06:24 PM

Thank you for the confirmation
Old Nov 18, 2015 | 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Nast_Nas
All the xenon hid headlights for 11+ are all the same.
My 2015 ASX has H11 halogen projector. Currently the H11 halogen bulb had been replaced with H11 hid bulbs with 35w hid ballasts/igniters and wiring harness. As soon as I detect any deterioration to the light intensity, I intend to retrofit the headlights with D2S hid projectors, same as the OEM ones. What is the brand, model, and from where can I source these hid projectors?

Last edited by ondoy43; Nov 18, 2015 at 11:26 PM.
Old Nov 22, 2015 | 11:34 AM

Did you have any flicker issues when you swapped over to H11 HID? I see those "flicker/warning cancelers" and I'm wondering if I need those.
Old Nov 22, 2015 | 12:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ondoy43
My 2015 ASX has H11 halogen projector. Currently the H11 halogen bulb had been replaced with H11 hid bulbs with 35w hid ballasts/igniters and wiring harness. As soon as I detect any deterioration to the light intensity, I intend to retrofit the headlights with D2S hid projectors, same as the OEM ones. What is the brand, model, and from where can I source these hid projectors?
i meant there there same as in a direct swap. so if yours came originally with halogens you can get a set of the oem projectors and plug right in. and there are no aftermarket projector options for the OS only oem, so cheapest way to go is find a used set like on ebay or from a wrecked OS, brand new straight from dealer would be way too expensive. or you can send your current ones in to get retrofitted.

Did you have any flicker issues when you swapped over to H11 HID? I see those "flicker/warning cancelers" and I'm wondering if I need those.

and you will not have flicker issues so you would not need it since the low beam does not act as the DRL. people only get them if their low beam was also the DR:
Old Nov 23, 2015 | 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by RubberBuccaneer
No flickering issues after conversion from halogen to hid, considering the low-beam is not used as DRL. The DRLs which are mounted on the fog lamp bezels have separate harness.

Originally Posted by Nast_Nas
i meant there there same as in a direct swap. so if yours came originally with halogens you can get a set of the oem projectors and plug right in. and there are no aftermarket projector options for the OS only oem, so cheapest way to go is find a used set like on ebay or from a wrecked OS, brand new straight from dealer would be way too expensive. or you can send your current ones in to get retrofitted.

and you will not have flicker issues so you would not need it since the low beam does not act as the DRL. people only get them if their low beam was also the DR:
I guess you're right, no matter how I searched, there appears to be non-existent aftermarket hid projector as of now that can be used to retrofit the headlamps of the ASX. Of course, complete brand-new headlamp assembly is already available from aliexpress/ebay. Maybe by the time I need to have the hid system, the current prices could have gone down. I think/hope that degradation of the halogen projectors in my ASX would be less severe and could extend over time in as much as I installed top-notch hid components all supplied by TRS.

Last edited by ondoy43; Nov 23, 2015 at 06:36 AM.
Old Nov 24, 2015 | 12:11 PM

Thanks!