Notices

[Off Topic] Mitsu Heavy Industries - 1st MJI..

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2015, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
[Off Topic] Mitsu Heavy Industries - 1st MJI..

The Mitsubishi Regional Jet (MRJ) took off on a one-hour return flight from Nagoya Airport to test Mitsubishi Aircraft Corp's ability to bring the 100-seat class plane into service after three years of delays.

The unit of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, which built the World War Two-era Zero fighter, is hoping the $47-million regional jet will help it oust Canada's Bombardier Inc as the world's second-biggest maker of smaller passenger jets behind Brazil's Embraer SA.

LINK

So, is this what Mitsubishi's been up to? Putting most of their recent energy in plane design/manufacturing... instead of automotive. There just seem like a obvious void of car development for the pass 3 years with only the lame intro of their '14 Mirage reboot and the weird looking '14-15 Outlander.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Interesting!! Of course they are up against Bombardier which just scored a billion (with a B) "loan" from the Quebec government and are out with cap in hand looking for the same from the Federal gov't. Wonder what government loans Mits got?
Old Nov 11, 2015, 11:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Mits, also got the Nissan Skyline designer to start designing their rides. They dumped the commercial business in favor of focusing on automotive and the airline industry.
I think there are big things to come for this company in the future, they are just reorganizing and getting their game back on track. The commercial business was only 30% overall, now it's more focused.
I found that the Mercedes Benz are actually using the tech for lane departure, crash midigation, etc, developed by Mitsubishi. They sure don't mention that in their adds, but go check out an Outlander GT all decked out and see how well it works.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Styling cues from the Skyline would be a nice addition.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 09:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Krakker
Mits, also got the Nissan Skyline designer to start designing their rides. They dumped the commercial business in favor of focusing on automotive and the airline industry.
I think there are big things to come for this company in the future, they are just reorganizing and getting their game back on track. The commercial business was only 30% overall, now it's more focused.
I found that the Mercedes Benz are actually using the tech for lane departure, crash midigation, etc, developed by Mitsubishi. They sure don't mention that in their adds, but go check out an Outlander GT all decked out and see how well it works.
You don't say...
When did that happen?

If that's really the case, then I'm expecting some Really powerful vehicles to land at my local Mitsu dealer!
Old Nov 11, 2015, 11:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by mRVRsport
You don't say...
When did that happen?

Not sure when that happened, but that's the skinny from the KC Missouri dealer. He was getting me the info when I stopped in to check out my new Big O. His store owner and mine were at the airport for a tech conference about all the new stuff Mitsu is releasing and they were getting a chance to check out all the NEW stuff Mitsu has coming out, like the new OS and the plug in Outlander Big O. etc.
I wanted to go over and see if I could spy some of it, but I didn't have enough time to try and scope it out.

On a side note: I'm sitting here in my hotel drinking a Guinness "Blonde" American Lager, and I gotta say, this stuff is REALLY good. I'm NOT a beer drinker, so I'm pretty picky when it comes to suds. If you haven't tried it,,,,, DO!!!!!!!
Patron Silver, is also a must try..... Cheers forum buds.;;
Old Nov 12, 2015, 01:48 AM
Evolved Member

Not sure when that happened, but that's the skinny from the KC Missouri dealer. He was getting me the info when I stopped in to check out my new Big O. His store owner and mine were at the airport for a tech conference about all the new stuff Mitsu is releasing and they were getting a chance to check out all the NEW stuff Mitsu has coming out, like the new OS and the plug in Outlander Big O. etc.
I wanted to go over and see if I could spy some of it, but I didn't have enough time to try and scope it out.

ah.. I see.
Well, guess we'll have to take this with a grain of salt.

On a side note: I'm sitting here in my hotel drinking a Guinness "Blonde" American Lager, and I gotta say, this stuff is REALLY good. I'm NOT a beer drinker, so I'm pretty picky when it comes to suds. If you haven't tried it,,,,, DO!!!!!!!
Patron Silver, is also a must try..... Cheers forum buds.;;
Thanks for the suggestions.
Will have to check out some of these beers!
Old Nov 12, 2015, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
This news (former Nissan designer is moved to Mitsubishi) is not an insider information. Google is a powerful search engine (in 0.4 s I got the answer, it took me another 4 s to type in the keywords though):
http://www.autonews.com/article/2015...subishi-design.
A quick note: If you are not a subscriber upon first opening you will be able to read the article but if you move from the page next time you come back you will not see it again.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Here is the pdf copy of the article if anyone has trouble accessing it.
Attached Files
Old Nov 12, 2015, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

Imagine a new Eclipse - from the GT-R designer!!