Notices

Novline Floor mats or Mitsubishi rubber floor mats?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2016, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Novline Floor mats or Mitsubishi rubber floor mats?

A very important question!

For my (new to me) 2013 Otlander Sport, I need some more rugged/rubber mats as I only have the then stock carpet mats right now.

I'm not planning on going with WeatherTechs as they're $180...that's ridiculous.

So I think I'll be going with one of these two options:
1) The manufacturer rubber mats (MZ314487) which are around $100. Simple and straightforward; you know what you're getting.

OR

2) Novline floormats around $100 as well. They offer the higher walled construction and are supposedly "custom fit" similar to WeaterTech's. Also cover the middle of the passenger floor area. Most reviews are very good, though I haven't seen any for any Mitsubishi's.

Thoughts?? Experiences??
Old Mar 24, 2016, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I would not waste money on the OEM mats - Novline ( http://www.autoanything.com/floor-mats/61A7514A0A0.aspx ) look OK, but Weathertech can't be beat IMHO.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 04:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Take a look at Aries 3D floor mats. I installed a set in mine last summer and they fit pretty well.

I bought front/rear set from Auto Anything for $140 shipped after using an online coupon code.

http://www.autoanything.com/floor-mats/61A7570A0A0.aspx
Old Mar 24, 2016, 07:17 PM

I got weathertechs for the front only. Love them to death!
Old Mar 25, 2016, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have been looking into the 3D MAXpider mats on amazon.

http://amzn.com/B00QHPNRBG
Old Mar 25, 2016, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

IMHO there is a bit of "you get what you pay for". Weathertech's are pricey but top quality. Husky almost as good. Then the materials seem to cheapen out. Which is fine if you are not keeping them in year round or for a long time. I just leave all my Weathertech's in for the entire year.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by CottageLifer
IMHO there is a bit of "you get what you pay for". Weathertech's are pricey but top quality. Husky almost as good. Then the materials seem to cheapen out. Which is fine if you are not keeping them in year round or for a long time. I just leave all my Weathertech's in for the entire year.
I absolutely agree with CottageLifer. The OP lives in Chicago with lot of snow and I assume salting is quite common. The tray like Weathertech floor liner is the only kind that protects the carpet from salt whitening, which is very difficult to clean when spring comes. It is a great product if you go with the digital fit version. Beware, Weathertech also offers other kinds as well.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 04:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Slow3v
I got weathertechs for the front only. Love them to death!
same here, and the cargo liner. we don't have kids, so saved the $$ and i bought some cheaper rear rubber mats.

Originally Posted by Dustball
Take a look at Aries 3D floor mats. I installed a set in mine last summer and they fit pretty well.

I bought front/rear set from Auto Anything for $140 shipped after using an online coupon code.

http://www.autoanything.com/floor-mats/61A7570A0A0.aspx
those look nice, but i found out about them *after* i bought the Weathertechs.

Originally Posted by jono119
I have been looking into the 3D MAXpider mats on amazon.

http://amzn.com/B00QHPNRBG

i was interested in these, too, after finding out about them, but saw that they wear pretty quick on another car forum. the layers delaminate over time.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 01:55 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Just ordered a set of these front and rear for 58$ now they went up 10$
Amazon.com: 3D MAXpider All 2 Row Custom Fit Floor Mat for Select Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Models - Kagu Rubber (Gray): Automotive Amazon.com: 3D MAXpider All 2 Row Custom Fit Floor Mat for Select Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Models - Kagu Rubber (Gray): Automotive
Old Apr 4, 2016, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Hawaii_Dave
Thats still cheaper than the black ones they sell..
Old Apr 4, 2016, 03:17 PM

yeah 100$ less then the black ones . For that much I'll live with the grey . I'm only going to use them in the fall and winter anyway . My OS had they light seats when I bought it but I found a set of black factory take off seat covers on ebay for 125$ and have changed them already . still need to find black head rest , but I kind of like the look with the grey head rest
Old Apr 4, 2016, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

Hey - I have a set of black seat covers from my RVR I will sell cheap!
Old Apr 4, 2016, 06:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Great price! About $80 below what they usually sell for. I believe they're identical to the Aries 3D mats I mentioned earlier in this thread.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 06:29 PM

I get them tomorrow so I'll try to get some pic's and let you all know how they fit .
Old Apr 5, 2016, 07:18 AM

I actually ended up going with the 3D MAXpider off of Amazon a week ago (I wasn't familiar with the brand when I posted my original question). The fronts fit like a glove, the rears are about 98% close - and certainly will do the job of protecting the interior while looking good.

These do look great, BTW. I always thought the WeatherTechs were nice for a pickup truck or similar, but the MAXpider's are sleek and complement the interior great!

Quick Reply: Novline Floor mats or Mitsubishi rubber floor mats?