Notices
Pacific Northwest General areas surrounding Bellingham, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Spokane, Yakima, Portland, Eugene, Bend, Medford

PGP Lap Times

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2011, 12:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you think pgp

if pgp was fun try the full pacific raceway. 1:35-1:40 is decent times. they still have a couple of track days left.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 04:33 PM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by gannieevo9
I'll be there again October 5th for the AM. Can't make it this month due to work - anyone going next month or November?
I'm planning on doing the 5th.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 07:10 PM
EvoM Guru
Veteran: Army

Received 777 Likes on 592 Posts
How does it work there? Is it like an auto-x or lapping? If I went Id be on some V710s which could handle a couple laps but not lapping.

What clubs running? Ive never run with the washington guys, always run OR SCCA and OR PCA.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 07:57 PM
El Jefe

Typically 10 minute sessions, 4-6 cars out at a time. Cars are spaced out, so basically it's like a lapping day. There's usually one group of drifters mixed in.

PGP is really easy on tires so I don't see any reason why 710s couldn't handle 4 sessions (a half day).

There's no real clubs behind it anymore. The cars were started by some Lotus and NSX guys, but PGP runs it now. Lots of S2000s, Miatas, Lotuses, etc. The usual suspect track cars.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly
Typically 10 minute sessions, 4-6 cars out at a time. Cars are spaced out, so basically it's like a lapping day. There's usually one group of drifters mixed in.

PGP is really easy on tires so I don't see any reason why 710s couldn't handle 4 sessions (a half day).

There's no real clubs behind it anymore. The cars were started by some Lotus and NSX guys, but PGP runs it now. Lots of S2000s, Miatas, Lotuses, etc. The usual suspect track cars.
Completely agree and while it isn't too tough on tires, it is actually pretty rough on brakes (more so than the full pacific raceways track) - being smooth is key but there are hard braking zones as you can get up to some good speeds on the main straight and the mini straight in the back.

I've heard people mention that they'd like to have some kind of lapping event. No promises but I'll talk to them about options/costs, etc.. Depending on the costs, requirements and participation, I'd love to throw together a Evo vs. STI day (or days - one in 'winter' and one in 'summer').

Thoughts?
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
^^ i'd be in if its on the weekend
Old Sep 20, 2011, 08:05 AM
EvoM Guru
Veteran: Army

Received 777 Likes on 592 Posts
Id be down too for a weekend run up there, but coming up during the week would be tough.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 02:23 PM
El Jefe

Completely agree and while it isn't too tough on tires, it is actually pretty rough on brakes (more so than the full pacific raceways track) - being smooth is key but there are hard braking zones as you can get up to some good speeds on the main straight and the mini straight in the back.

I've heard people mention that they'd like to have some kind of lapping event. No promises but I'll talk to them about options/costs, etc.. Depending on the costs, requirements and participation, I'd love to throw together a Evo vs. STI day (or days - one in 'winter' and one in 'summer').

Thoughts?
It is surprisingly hard on brakes. They don't get much time to cool down and they're used hard on turns 1, 3, 4, and depending on your setup several of the back side turns.

What do you mean by lapping event? Just a normal track day for Evo/STI owners? You'll have a hard time getting numbers to cover your costs. And on the weekend? Good luck getting a spot.

Weekend car days at PGP won't happen.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

yesterday was bomb since there was only a handful of cars due to the rain.

Westsidebilly - great to meet in person man. I went back and had timed my lap times through the video I recorded and in my 3rd session, I was consistently putting down my best times in the 1:28 - 1:29 range. I dipped into 1:27 on one lap.

In the last session (with you), I was definitely not on my game as I was consistently in 1:30 - low 1:31's.

So if you were running in the 1:28's as I saw on your app earlier in the day, it wasn't just that I screwed up on a couple of laps but you were consistently kicking my a$$. haha

I'll be out there again next month.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 08:36 AM
Evolving Member

oh yeah, I did talk to them about an event. Weekends are do-able but just a bit more $ and there are fewer openings. I'm going to do some planning and see what I can come up with, who can help support, etc.

I'm thinking an actual timed event with classes - i.e. come to compete for the best lap times Evo vs. STI

I'm hopeful people will actually want to drive their cars for what they're made to do and show up but you never know.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 11:11 AM
El Jefe

yesterday was bomb since there was only a handful of cars due to the rain.

Westsidebilly - great to meet in person man. I went back and had timed my lap times through the video I recorded and in my 3rd session, I was consistently putting down my best times in the 1:28 - 1:29 range. I dipped into 1:27 on one lap.

In the last session (with you), I was definitely not on my game as I was consistently in 1:30 - low 1:31's.

So if you were running in the 1:28's as I saw on your app earlier in the day, it wasn't just that I screwed up on a couple of laps but you were consistently kicking my a$$. haha

I'll be out there again next month.
I found a bit of time after you left and had a best of 1:28.3, consistent high 1:28-low 1:29. I timed that yellow S4 at a 1:28 flat so he was in the same ballpark. I tried using the S4s line and it was a bit slower for my underpowered RWD car.

I ran ~90 laps total for the day.

oh yeah, I did talk to them about an event. Weekends are do-able but just a bit more $ and there are fewer openings. I'm going to do some planning and see what I can come up with, who can help support, etc.

I'm thinking an actual timed event with classes - i.e. come to compete for the best lap times Evo vs. STI

I'm hopeful people will actually want to drive their cars for what they're made to do and show up but you never know.
http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/7913...orsports-park/

That was the 2010 timed event. Note it was initially run on Friday evenings, and later Sunday mornings. The discussion is relevant if somewhat meandering, and covers most of what I was saying yesterday, with various classifications.

Evo vs STi, or just an AWD shootout (to cover WRX, 2.5RS swaps, DSMs, various Audis, etc), would be very interesting.

That said I can only think of maybe a dozen cars in that category that I've seen at PGP. Might be advertising related, but I think in general the above mentioned category of cars doesn't show up to track events that much. R/TErnie ran most of the Lap Attacks, and a few S4s and WRXs have shown up. PGP is definitely open to new events, but getting support will be vital to it lasting more than one weekend.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'll be back and running at PGP next year. It would be nice if they organized some kind of competition...whatever it is.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

I'm in for a competition style event...Evo vs STI...AWD...Whatever
Old Oct 7, 2011, 09:26 PM
Evolving Member

I'll start a thread with initial thoughts in a month or so to see what the interest is. To start it'd be great to do a couple planned events - like one in the spring and another in August/September.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 10:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Bringing this one back from the dead. PGP sent an email today talking about their new "Hot Laps" feature:

http://www.pacificgp.com/racingclass...m-details.html

Quick Reply: PGP Lap Times