Notices
Pacific Northwest General areas surrounding Bellingham, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Spokane, Yakima, Portland, Eugene, Bend, Medford

PGP Lap Times

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2012, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by R/TErnie
Meh... I ran a 1:09.8 You've got some time to make up.

I'm pretty confident I'll be in the 1:07.x's this year.
Interesting... Where is your name on the board?
Old Mar 24, 2012, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I ran in a series they put on called Lap Attack.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Spool4Fun
I decided to run a half day at PGP with some hot laps on Friday. I ran the 5th fastest time and fastest Evo to date on the Hot Laps board (1:13.612). There are about 60-70 people on the board and you need a 1:24 to get your name on the board right now. Apparently there are some legal issues with cars running at PGP, so they said there wouldn't be any more car events for a few months. You'll have to wait to knock me down the board for a while...
Anyone have any info on the highlighted above? I was hoping to test suspension changes at PGP as my season opener
Old Mar 28, 2012, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by codgi
Anyone have any info on the highlighted above? I was hoping to test suspension changes at PGP as my season opener
Yea this is sh*tty news to hear! I was hoping to come out and run my :59 lap and etch my name in stone on the top of that list hahahahaha jkjk...but what is the deal with these "legal" issues?
Old Mar 28, 2012, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

Scott at PGP didn't go into much detail, but he said they will be fighting having cars run at the track until about winter time. They've even taken all info related to car lapping off their website.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

I heard that it was noise related? Evidently people are buying homes next to an EXISTING race track and expecting them to be quieter than a golf course?!?!?!

RACETRACK people. It means loud cars.

I sent an email to Kyle... who's family owns the track and I'll see what he says. I was really hoping to get out there soon

Last edited by R/TErnie; Mar 28, 2012 at 09:13 AM.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Yes this is what I learnt at work today as well. Someone there spoke to Scott and apparently the issue is that some new folks moved in and complained about the noise. Anyway they want the communities support to write letters to the Powers that be. Once we get more info on that I will share it here.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 05:02 PM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Pacific Raceways was operating under a legal agreement they've had since the mid 70s. Unfortunately it seems they were not following those rules. That includes quiet days on Monday and Tuesday, no on-track running before 9am, etc. It's been mostly a non-issue, until recently...

Some morons bought houses adjacent to a race track and complained about the noise. The county did their due diligence and found that PR (not PGP) as cheating, and they had to abide by the noise and environmental rules they agreed to 35+ years ago. That means no two-stroke engines (effectively ending competitive karting) and limits on when cars are allowed to run.

I think PR is taking a safe stance and really cutting back, including at PGP. The reason is that the owner of the facility is trying to get the master plan approved at the same time as this noise/pollution stuff is going on.

Hopefully PGP will be open for cars later in the spring.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

thanks for the heads up Billy!

Hopefully we can get out there soon.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

http://www.examiner.com/environmenta...mit-violations

BOO
Old Mar 30, 2012, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

Completely ridiculous...regular lapping days at PGP were on Wednesdays/Fridays anyway.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

People that decide to buy a house next to a very well known established racetrack, then turn around and decide to bi*ch about the noise are a complete waste of time and should just go live in a van down by the river! ....They bought the house because it was cheap...They knew the racetrack was there and they knew what happens at a racetrack! End of story, if they don't like it then they should open the wallet and buy a house somewhere else that isn't next to a racetrack! Sure seems simple to me!
Old Mar 31, 2012, 04:31 AM
Evolved Member

hmmm, I need to see if I can get Evergreen Speedway to quiet down. While I'm at it, I'll see if I can't get the trains to stop sounding their horns while bombing through Monroe at all hours! The plus side is that non-sounding trains may "thin the herd" a bit! Ooooh Long Johnson!!!
Old Apr 3, 2012, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by yahu
hmmm, I need to see if I can get Evergreen Speedway to quiet down. While I'm at it, I'll see if I can't get the trains to stop sounding their horns while bombing through Monroe at all hours! The plus side is that non-sounding trains may "thin the herd" a bit! Ooooh Long Johnson!!!
. Latest news from the guy at work:

"The legal team is preparing a form letter for distribution. It should be available mid-week. Until then, you may submit your own composition to info@pacificgp.com and it will get into the correct hands."
Old May 16, 2012, 09:55 AM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by TurboTim06
People that decide to buy a house next to a very well known established racetrack, then turn around and decide to bi*ch about the noise are a complete waste of time and should just go live in a van down by the river! ....They bought the house because it was cheap...They knew the racetrack was there and they knew what happens at a racetrack! End of story, if they don't like it then they should open the wallet and buy a house somewhere else that isn't next to a racetrack! Sure seems simple to me!
While I agree completely, it's also reasonable to expect the track to abide by agreements with the county. The issue here wasn't noise, per se, but that the noise was happening when it wasn't supposed to be.

Also, just remember that most people (and that includes judges and politicians) aren't "car people" and generally aren't on our side in this instance. PR has handled this rather poorly from what I've seen and hopefully their legal team doesn't **** it up.

I heard that PR has a court hearing today to try to get some of the restrictions lessened. Not sure about the accuracy of that.

Quick Reply: PGP Lap Times