Notices
Pacific Northwest General areas surrounding Bellingham, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Spokane, Yakima, Portland, Eugene, Bend, Medford

Weekly Mitsubishi Meet - 2/4/12 KickOff

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2012, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If it's really that cold, just park one floor done. It should be warmer since the walls will block off the wind.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 05:42 PM

Hopefully the turn out is better than last week. I'll be heading up there around 6pm.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 06:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Hah sorry I bailed, other plans suddenly came up.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pretty good turn out. almost 15 cars in total. a couple pics i took but for some reason my camera wouldnt focus

Old Feb 12, 2012, 04:40 PM

So what happened to the other Evo's that were going to show up? It was nice to see the other cars that were there.

It is hard during the summer to do weekly meets, so when it's cold, it's almost impossible. Good luck on keeping this as a weekly meet during the winter season. To keep the number of attendees higher, you might want to reduce the frequency or something. Renton is tri-weekly. Others are once a month. It's always hard to get something like this figured out, but as long as you get a good local base, it could work itself out.

The location has it's pluses and minuses. Pluses - It was good to be unbothered and to have guaranteed group parking. Minus - it was too far away from other stuff. What I like about the Landing is that people can meet up with good parking, walk to get some food, and come back to all the cars after. All the while, other people that show up can easily join the group at any point.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 05:51 PM
Evolving Member

I had to pass, I was a groomsman in a wedding last night. should be there next weekend, should have my new wheels on if i get time to put them on.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

Who has the RA with the truck suspension?

Looks like a good turnout, too bad the FB post encouraged bringing drugs. Not really sure why that was included on the invite.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ryan.Kauz
Who has the RA with the truck suspension?
Was not mine, I missed out again . Good to see another RA though.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 03:03 AM
Account Disabled

I'll be at a Datsun meet on Saturday, it will be closer to me since I'll happen to be in Tacoland day.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:33 PM

is this still going on? Let me know,. I'll be there. I just moved to Kent
Old Feb 17, 2012, 07:36 PM

I'm ready for tomorrow. Just got my detail done.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by BellyD
So what happened to the other Evo's that were going to show up? It was nice to see the other cars that were there.

It is hard during the summer to do weekly meets, so when it's cold, it's almost impossible. Good luck on keeping this as a weekly meet during the winter season. To keep the number of attendees higher, you might want to reduce the frequency or something. Renton is tri-weekly. Others are once a month. It's always hard to get something like this figured out, but as long as you get a good local base, it could work itself out.

The location has it's pluses and minuses. Pluses - It was good to be unbothered and to have guaranteed group parking. Minus - it was too far away from other stuff. What I like about the Landing is that people can meet up with good parking, walk to get some food, and come back to all the cars after. All the while, other people that show up can easily join the group at any point.

I feel you dude. I was going to choose Renton, but saturday nights there are jam packed all the way up to the roof, trust me i checked. And im just trying to get these meets going for us Mitsu's since the Subie forums got very successfull weekly meets going on twice a week. One in Renton on thurdays. One in woodinville on mondays. Im just hoping we can do the same thing. As long as EVERYONE SPREADS THE WORD, the meet will get more popular, and there will be a constant turnout. The biggest issue of bad turnouts, is that people miss the threads we put up, or the word just dosent get to them. So SPREAD THE WORD!
Old Feb 18, 2012, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

doh, just got back on here after a month hiatus or so. Can't drive the Evo right now anyway (stupid foot...)
Old Feb 18, 2012, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I might actually make it out there tonight. *Fingers crossed*
Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:03 PM
Evolving Member

As far as i know only 3 showed including myself. We probably waited around 30 to 45 minutes and left around 7.

Quick Reply: Weekly Mitsubishi Meet - 2/4/12 KickOff