Notices
Pacific Northwest General areas surrounding Bellingham, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Spokane, Yakima, Portland, Eugene, Bend, Medford

Seattle Street Racing

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The street racing in Kent has been going on since the 60's. YEARS ago, (Over a decade at least now) we used to go down there all the time, it was a lot of fun. People would actually trailor full race cars down. There would easily be over 100 cars lined up for racing. The latest generation of Honda idiots really brought a lot of media attention to it, crashing and killing people while racing their street cars in a straight line...

I doubt the police will ever shut it down. There was about 4 spots everyone would race at back then, you'd wait around for the crowd to pass by, hop in line and away you went. The police were usually about an hour behind the packs... ahh to be young and dumb again.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GTisRule
The street racing in Kent has been going on since the 60's. YEARS ago, (Over a decade at least now) we used to go down there all the time, it was a lot of fun. People would actually trailor full race cars down. There would easily be over 100 cars lined up for racing. The latest generation of Honda idiots really brought a lot of media attention to it, crashing and killing people while racing their street cars in a straight line...

I doubt the police will ever shut it down. There was about 4 spots everyone would race at back then, you'd wait around for the crowd to pass by, hop in line and away you went. The police were usually about an hour behind the packs... ahh to be young and dumb again.
Yeah, I was arrested when I was 18 for street racing on Oaksdale ave in Renton. Needless to say, I never went back.

I made the front page of the seattle times, and the south county journal for it too. Handcuffs on, being ducked into a crown vic by a female cop. Damn, those were the days
Old Feb 11, 2012, 03:01 PM
Evolving Member

As if that charger would have a chance of keeping up with any modified Evo.

That being said street racing is pretty stupid, but sometimes if the road is clear it is hard to resist a friendly pull.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Seems like nearly every car guy that grew up around here that i have talked to about this vid/street races in kent has some story about going out them in their teens . Heard abotu them for years but really never went. I still contend the documentary looks a little staged to me. You could swap the roll in scene for the scene in FandF and no one would notice....
Old Feb 11, 2012, 08:17 PM
Evolving Member

that is not organized street racing what so ever. thats a bunch of rice ***** running around thinking there d series hondas are the fastest out. if this was a true organized run/racing, there wouldnt be a film crew lol
Old Feb 12, 2012, 01:18 AM

its mostly hondas....cant they compete in the drags instead???which one would you rather spend on 40-60 on the drags or 1000s for ticket???
Old Feb 12, 2012, 01:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went for the first time in years a month ago and theres a blue by you evo thats extremely fast
Old Feb 12, 2012, 01:40 AM

i was happy that i didnt see any evos in the vid..but when i replayed it, then i saw a silver evo....
Old Feb 12, 2012, 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

everyone have the need for a little excitement every now and then, lol i cant say i have never been to a street racing scene but i can say i dont just drive carzy for no reason at all when going to work or anywhere else!
Old Feb 12, 2012, 11:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DKC6691
I remembered going out street racing back in the day right out of high school. Then I realized its allot more fun and competitive to go to organized legal evens such as Auto-X, Road Racing, and even Drag. Most of the cars you see street racing are P.O.S. in my opinion and you run the risk of getting your car impounded.

Oh and that Dodge charger is not fooling anyone, it would only be more obvious if it was parked outside a doughnut shop serving maple bacon bars.
HAHAHAHAHAHA. For reals!!! Lmfao

I agree that charger ain't foolin NOBODY, except for maybe the p.o.s hondas street racing!!
Old Feb 12, 2012, 11:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by skidmarq
No, the whistle tip video would be fine because of the little known "Bubb Rubb" exception, of course

In all seriousness though, I think you are right...was probably being overly paranoid....
"whooop whoooooop!!". That video crack me up
Old Feb 13, 2012, 07:48 AM

I hope that's not the real scene, we have that side here in MN too, bunch of dumb kids with ****ty economy cars.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Turbotalon1g
I hope that's not the real scene, we have that side here in MN too, bunch of dumb kids with ****ty economy cars.
that is the Kent scene/ any Wal-Mart meet around here... dumb kids and crappy cars.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 05:14 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Pirana
Holy crap!!! Didnt know Seattle had such a big scene. Just by that doc it seems bigger than DFWs!!
except in DFW area you're considered on the low end with 600 whp... here you're the fastest guy out there with 200 whp most nights
Old Feb 13, 2012, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by OfaceGrimmins
Yeah, I was arrested when I was 18 for street racing on Oaksdale ave in Renton. Needless to say, I never went back.

I made the front page of the seattle times, and the south county journal for it too. Handcuffs on, being ducked into a crown vic by a female cop. Damn, those were the days
Pics or it didn't happen!

Quick Reply: Seattle Street Racing