Notices
Pacific Northwest General areas surrounding Bellingham, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Spokane, Yakima, Portland, Eugene, Bend, Medford

Novice Autox School May 27 - Bremerton

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2012, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Novice Autox School May 27 - Bremerton

Registration is now open for the May 27 Novice school. Cost is $55 and includes membership for the year. You must pre-register for this event, no onsite registration available. The school fills up quickly, so please register now.
Motorsport Reg Registration Link
This school is designed with the novice student in mind and will include a ground school and work on the autox course with instructors in the vehicle.
Upon registration, your status will show as waitlisted. This is normal until your application has been processed. Your registration is not complete until you receive confirmation from the Registration Coordinator. Please look for a message soon about whether or not you are able to get into this school. You will be able to pay online once your registration is marked as confirmed.

• This event is limited to novice drivers on street tires only.
  • All helmets must be rated Snell 2000 or newer rated. Loaner helmets will be available free of charge.
  • You must have valid driver license to attend this school
  • Students under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian, who will be asked to sign a waiver the morning of the event. Those under 18 will not be permitted to be on site if their parent is not present to sign.
If you are interested in volunteering for the event please email novice@bscc.net .
Lunch provided for students and volunteers by the Port Orchard Lions Club.
Schedule:
7am gates open
730 am - 830 am Registration and Tech
830 am Ground School, Drivers meeting, course walks
930 am Cars on course
12 noon - lunch and instructor and volunteer runs
1pm - quick meeting, Q&A
1:15 pm cars on course
4:00 pm instructor and volunteer runs
5:30 pm Clean up
6:00 pm After event social - location TBA
Any questions, email Michelle and Joey at novice@bscc.net

More information at www.bscc.net

Last edited by herz3mc; May 7, 2012 at 01:01 PM.
Old May 7, 2012, 06:48 PM

Thanks for posting. I've had my eye on this event for awhile and was waiting for registration to open. It's going to be a first for me and am really looking forward to it.
Old May 7, 2012, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

signed up for this, haven't done a novice school since last time i did auto-x. Cant wait to try it now I'm sure ill still suck but hey at least its a blast. First time i ever spun a car out was doing this.
Old May 15, 2012, 06:33 PM

Glad to see some Evos got in.
Novice school has reached capacity. Any new registrants will be placed on a waitlist to hope that someone cancels.

Bremerton Sports Car Club has a very active novice program and we welcome new autocrossers to any of our events. We have a structure and instructors to support new drivers year round. If you can't make the school, consider coming to a regular event. The full schedule and more information can be found at: www.bscc.net
Old May 19, 2012, 11:00 PM

My husband & I are signed up for the class. This will be our first. Looking forward to it.
Old May 22, 2012, 07:35 AM

Super jealous. I want to attend but I'll be out of town..... One day....

Maybe if the waiting list gets big enough they'll have another one????
Old May 22, 2012, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Hi, lets get some north end track events.
Old May 25, 2012, 07:25 PM

Find a location up north and the events will come.
Old May 27, 2012, 06:26 PM

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who volunteered during the event. It was my first time and all the instructors were friendly and very knowledgeable; a must for anyone who wants to learn how to drive that awesome machine they own. I think I'm hooked and will definitely be signed up for more events!
Old May 27, 2012, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Farga
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who volunteered during the event. It was my first time and all the instructors were friendly and very knowledgeable; a must for anyone who wants to learn how to drive that awesome machine they own. I think I'm hooked and will definitely be signed up for more events!
+1

It was a great day at the track. For all of you that have been on the wall about attending an autox event, you should definitely take advantage of the BSCC school. It is reasonable and it was great getting all the feed back after every run.
Old May 28, 2012, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

+1 as well...Havent been out to do this in years and was a great way to start getting back into it. Thank again and to everyone who put up with me. PS i think i did more sideswiping cones then back siding

Thanks again to everyone for the great day.
Old May 28, 2012, 07:04 PM

Just an fyi for those interested, there is another school on June 9th through Evolution performance driving school. I'm planning on attending and then hitting up the 4th kitsap cup event on the 10th. Here is the information, http://dev.evoschool.com/index.php?p...-packwood-wa-4 . The price is a little steeper, but they claim 24 runs and it's recommended by several scca members.
Old May 29, 2012, 02:58 PM

Nice to meet you guys and gals, Ryan, Darren, Naomi, and Ryan's friend, sorry forgot your name lots of new faces to remember.

Darren thanks for the opportunity to flog your pocket rocket hatch back Mirage, and what a top shelf conversion your Evo 3 is.

We still have 5 more BSCC events this year, hope to see at them.
Old May 29, 2012, 05:14 PM

Really great school and students. Glad you all made it.
Chris and I will be at evo school too!
Old May 30, 2012, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by herz3mc
Really great school and students. Glad you all made it.
Chris and I will be at evo school too!
Cool, are you guys instructing or participating? I was going to join for phase 1 but haven't heard back about availability. Is the experience pretty comparable to the BSCC Novice school?

Quick Reply: Novice Autox School May 27 - Bremerton