Notices
Pacific Northwest General areas surrounding Bellingham, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Spokane, Yakima, Portland, Eugene, Bend, Medford

Got your snow-tires on?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2012, 09:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got your snow-tires on?

Wanted to put together a video featuring a few evo's doing their thing in the snow. I know we can't post about doing illegal ish on here, and how you drive is your own business - Just don't wreck MY car in the process please. There is a possibility of snow at the 1,000 foot level this weekend, and if anybody is free and feels like playing in the snow, sign up here.

MUST HAVE -

-snow tires
-common winter driving sense
-complete control of your vehicle at all times
-FUN

That said - I'll be bringing an HD camera, if anybody else has gopro's or mounts, please bring them too. Was thinking we could meet for breakfast somewhere, and then roll out to a couple of fun roads in the cascade foothills. Of course, this is all weather dependent, so if there's no snow, no-go.

Thoughts?
Old Dec 5, 2012, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ha ha, I got deja vu from last year when you posted this. I might be able to make it depending on how far out we go. When are you thinking? I just got my GoPro Hero 3 Black monday and am excited to use it. Plus I'd bring my Nikon for some shots.

Though you guys have already seen this video, I'll post this again for people to get excited:

Old Dec 5, 2012, 01:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by goucho
ha ha, I got deja vu from last year when you posted this. I might be able to make it depending on how far out we go. When are you thinking? I just got my GoPro Hero 3 Black monday and am excited to use it. Plus I'd bring my Nikon for some shots.

Though you guys have already seen this video, I'll post this again for people to get excited:

http://youtu.be/MdxbKt6Th9Q
Beautiful. Nice edit too. My plan is to go where the snow is. Early morning is usually best - very few if ANY people on the roads, cops can't do much of anything with their RWD pieces of ****e either. That's why I mentioned breakfast. Hehe.

That said - It's kinda up to nature. When it snows, I drop what I'm doing and go play. Last year I spent three straight days in the drivers seat, tearing up the roads from shoreline to tacoma. We'll see how the flakes fall. Might be a good idea to swap cell numbers via PM for quicker responses from people.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

I'll be out with the blizzaks!!!!

Oh wait. No. Car is still in the shop and I have surgery tomorrow so the next 2 weeks will be bed rest and recovery.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

The weekends are the only time that work for me. I can't get off work unfortunately.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ryan.Kauz
I'll be out with the blizzaks!!!!

Oh wait. No. Car is still in the shop and I have surgery tomorrow so the next 2 weeks will be bed rest and recovery.
Then we'll just have to hope it snows two weeks from now

Senor Goucho, what hours your work? And the age-old excuse of not being able to get out of your driveway wouldn't work, eh? Hehe
Old Dec 5, 2012, 04:27 PM
Evolving Member

6am to 3/4pm. And yeah, we have never shut down for snow days nor will we ever. Plus I'm out of PTO days and we don't get sick days... ballz.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 04:30 PM
Evolving Member

My drifts always turn into accidents!
Old Dec 5, 2012, 05:21 PM

Goucho! been spreading that video like wildfire, when the snow hit awhile back! great video, columbia exit is my exit, and was so sketchy exiting that, but without a doubt the evo killed it.

Im in!
Old Dec 5, 2012, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ILoveAWD
My drifts always turn into accidents!
That's a shame. Think there's a video of a 5year old drifting an evo in a parking lot somewherez on the interwebz.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by OfaceGrimmins
That's a shame. Think there's a video of a 5year old drifting an evo in a parking lot somewherez on the interwebz.
if there is empty spaces im good but if there are any objects around i am ****ed lol, you might have to give me a class on drifting awd Oface
Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ILoveAWD
if there is empty spaces im good but if there are any objects around i am ****ed lol, you might have to give me a class on drifting awd Oface

Easy-peasy brotha. First lesson is free
Old Dec 6, 2012, 12:10 PM

You don't know me, but I would come. Blizzaks are on, although I'm going to be in Whistler for the next few days.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 12:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RainbowDash
You don't know me, but I would come. Blizzaks are on, although I'm going to be in Whistler for the next few days.
Cool man, Im heading up there myself in january. Should be fun!
Old Dec 6, 2012, 12:52 PM

I love it there, especially around the holidays. Perfect winter wonderland for a girls getaway.

Quick Reply: Got your snow-tires on?