Notices
Pacific Northwest General areas surrounding Bellingham, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Spokane, Yakima, Portland, Eugene, Bend, Medford

question for people that run Meth Injection

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
question for people that run Meth Injection

im putting in a meth kit this weekend.. my buddy wants me to run 100% meth is this safe with stock engine... i mean it has a tune from english, exhaust, intake piping but otherwise stock.. Just wondering if its safe.. an info would be greatly apreciated since im kinda in the dark on this whole meth injection thing just know you can make good power if done right..
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 06_MR_FTW
im putting in a meth kit this weekend.. my buddy wants me to run 100% meth is this safe with stock engine... i mean it has a tune from english, exhaust, intake piping but otherwise stock.. Just wondering if its safe.. an info would be greatly apreciated since im kinda in the dark on this whole meth injection thing just know you can make good power if done right..
Meth injection is safe as long as you get it retuned from Aaron or Lucas, the only problem on running 100% meth is that sometimes the pump on the kit will go out within a 2 year span, since meth is a corrosive additive. I personally am using 100% denatured alcohol with my meth kit and Aaron said it's a cleaner, and safe route to go. I've been using denatured alcohol for the last 4 years with no problems whatsoever.
If you want a little more reason then check this vid.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Id suggest denatured as well. I hated it though because when I ran it I would go thru A LOT and it was not cheap by any means coming from home depot.

So to help out I started cutting the mix 50/50 with distilled water.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Svendiesel
Id suggest denatured as well. I hated it though because when I ran it I would go thru A LOT and it was not cheap by any means coming from home depot.

So to help out I started cutting the mix 50/50 with distilled water.
A 50/50 mix for meth/water is the prefered isn't It?
Don't know if its the same with denatured alcohol. How much does it cost? I was thinking about looking into a license to distill alternative fuel.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
50/50 (Meth/Distilled water) here. It's not corrosive and (more important to me) not Flamable in that mixture.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:53 PM

50/50 here 630+ on pump
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
55/45 meth water by volume iv heard anything over 60% meth is flamable
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by motion3131
50/50 here 630+ on pump
Nice. What kit?

And for everyone, what kit are you running?

For OP, you need a fail safe.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by kimsan808
Meth injection is safe as long as you get it retuned from Aaron or Lucas, the only problem on running 100% meth is that sometimes the pump on the kit will go out within a 2 year span, since meth is a corrosive additive. I personally am using 100% denatured alcohol with my meth kit and Aaron said it's a cleaner, and safe route to go. I've been using denatured alcohol for the last 4 years with no problems whatsoever.
If you want a little more reason then check this vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIPwZR1nk8c

thanks for the info! il look into the denatured alcohol.. alothough i already bought a 5 gallons of the regular stuff... i would rather be safe than sorry...but i wanna stay away from mixing but at the same time dont wanna drive around with a small bomb in the trunk waiting for the slightest spark to set it off..

Is there any special fail safes i should look into in case for some reason my pump fails?? Or is your engine pretty much a done deal if your pump fails since your pretty much running high boost and leaned out a bunch with your timing advanced...

Also after doing research ive read that alot of people are scared of meth since it seems to be the #1 reason for engine failure because the meth doesnt speak to all cylenders equally... is this just speculation or fact?? does it matter which jet/nosel you use? presure ect....?

The kit i bought is used so um unaware of how long its already been used before i got it and im unaware if denatured alcohol was ran through it or just regular Meth.

Question: does it make a difference to switch from regular meth to denatured or vis versa with the tune?

Thanks in advance to all the Questions!!
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

There are a lot of safety features you can install with the right kit. The more expensive kits come with built in fail safes that can turn boost down...the problem really is that by the time the fail safe reacts your motor can be toast. It only takes a fraction of a second and it's over. I used to run 100% meth on a 35R and on pump/meth I was close to 700 but had the pump fail repeatedly so kept having to retune it. I knew the risk of fires, pump longevity, etc but I still chose to do it and went through meth pretty quick. Both of my pump failures only resulted in a detune until I got a new one but it's always risky.

I used to run a Labonte kit but they aren't made any more. It would detect meth flow and open a solenoid to the 3 port based on flow so if the flow didn't occur it would only run wastegate pressure. Good luck!
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by 05blue8
There are a lot of safety features you can install with the right kit. The more expensive kits come with built in fail safes that can turn boost down...the problem really is that by the time the fail safe reacts your motor can be toast. It only takes a fraction of a second and it's over. I used to run 100% meth on a 35R and on pump/meth I was close to 700 but had the pump fail repeatedly so kept having to retune it. I knew the risk of fires, pump longevity, etc but I still chose to do it and went through meth pretty quick. Both of my pump failures only resulted in a detune until I got a new one but it's always risky.

I used to run a Labonte kit but they aren't made any more. It would detect meth flow and open a solenoid to the 3 port based on flow so if the flow didn't occur it would only run wastegate pressure. Good luck!

This helps! thank you! im gonna do some research on the kit i have and see what i cant do to protect my motor... since im running stock turbo stock motor im not looking for anything crazy. 700hp would probably get me into to much trouble

im looking for around 400.. im currently sitting at 360 does it seem like wishing for to much??

i want 11s quarter mile. my best time is 12 flat so well see if this gets me there.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 06_MR_FTW
thanks for the info! il look into the denatured alcohol.. alothough i already bought a 5 gallons of the regular stuff... i would rather be safe than sorry...but i wanna stay away from mixing but at the same time dont wanna drive around with a small bomb in the trunk waiting for the slightest spark to set it off..

Is there any special fail safes i should look into in case for some reason my pump fails?? Or is your engine pretty much a done deal if your pump fails since your pretty much running high boost and leaned out a bunch with your timing advanced...

Also after doing research ive read that alot of people are scared of meth since it seems to be the #1 reason for engine failure because the meth doesnt speak to all cylenders equally... is this just speculation or fact?? does it matter which jet/nosel you use? presure ect....?

The kit i bought is used so um unaware of how long its already been used before i got it and im unaware if denatured alcohol was ran through it or just regular Meth.

Question: does it make a difference to switch from regular meth to denatured or vis versa with the tune?

Thanks in advance to all the Questions!!
I feel for your concern, and like the person said before there a lot of fail safe features out there, but one thing to look into since you're in the NW is that English can tune your stock ECU with dual maps, one with meth and the other with just pump, thing is that you might need a electric boost controller so you can switch on the fly, the little problem with a manual is that you have to do it yourself and you might not even know what the exact boost levels are until you check the gauge.

As for the part about ppl saying that it doesn't go in all cylinders, It can be a subject, but it's all based on the kit and the tune, just make sure you know all the information on the kit itself, especially the nozzle size, some kits use a M10 to an M8(around 660cc/min) nozzle (I might be wrong on that).

It does make a difference between Meth and denatured alcohol, I believe that Meth is a more higher octane than denatured alcohol, so it will affect the tune a lot.

Hope this answers some of your questions and best of luck to you and your ride sir