EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   09+ Ralliart Engine/Turbo/Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-ralliart-engine-turbo-drivetrain-309/)
-   -   Cobb AccessPort Ralliart install process (ECU) (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-ralliart-engine-turbo-drivetrain/491974-cobb-accessport-ralliart-install-process-ecu.html)

Blue Bullet May 12, 2010 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by SOG RA (Post 8301324)
If you go to pep boys they have a type s one that doesnt have the alligator teeth, just two smooth clips. I have that one and as long as your not taking it off every day, it doesnt do any damage. Its for cell phones but expands and can easily fit an ipod or pda, or Cobb ap in your case.

Umm the one I have does NOT have the teeth just two pieces of metal that come together. Would that be the "Good" one?

evil03 May 12, 2010 11:27 PM

ok i am wondering if you had any problem with loading and deleting maps on and off the AP from the computer?

i mean deleting all the maps off of it and just loading the ones you want and need?

SOG RA May 13, 2010 12:15 AM

Blue that one is fine in my opinion. I dont have any scratches or anything. Like I said, as long as your not removing it and putting it back on all the time you will be fine. As far as other options, best buy does carry some other holders, but from what I have seen they need to actually be mounted with provided adhesive or have a suction cup for the windshield. You will be fine with what you got.

2010 Rallihead May 13, 2010 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by SOG RA (Post 8301324)
If you go to pep boys they have a type s one that doesnt have the alligator teeth, just two smooth clips. I have that one and as long as your not taking it off every day, it doesnt do any damage. Its for cell phones but expands and can easily fit an ipod or pda, or Cobb ap in your case.

does it ever come off the vent with hard acceleration, especially when u hit b00st!!??{pcfreak}

kaiten2 May 13, 2010 09:29 AM

To the OP Im just wondering how you like the COBB tuner? did you notice a big change or have it dynoed? was it worth 600? Im considering getting it just for the flashback capabilities.

Blue Bullet May 13, 2010 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by kaiten2 (Post 8302560)
To the OP Im just wondering how you like the COBB tuner? did you notice a big change or have it dynoed? was it worth 600? Im considering getting it just for the flashback capabilities.

Hey! I noticed a HUGE difference on my Ralli, the engine performance is better and it seems the sst trannie shifts better. I would say it's worth the 600 right now and if Cobb decides to make more maps for our car then it's a no brainer.

nbxpq3 May 13, 2010 05:09 PM

Blue, which map did you install? stage 1 91 or 93? and if you first gear pull harder?
my used 09 had 15000 miles had K&N drop-in and the UR UICP, but the first gear feel not pull much after 3000rpm and up, and then switch to second gear it will pull good to redline, the first gear thing if anyone know is that normal? will the Cobb accessport help that?
thanks for all your help.

Blue Bullet May 13, 2010 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by nbxpq3 (Post 8304239)
Blue, which map did you install? stage 1 91 or 93? and if you first gear pull harder?
my used 09 had 15000 miles had K&N drop-in and the UR UICP, but the first gear feel not pull much after 3000rpm and up, and then switch to second gear it will pull good to redline, the first gear thing if anyone know is that normal? will the Cobb accessport help that?
thanks for all your help.

The pull after the Cobb is pretty impressive, I now need to watch myself when I make turns at intersections. I did notice the pull has degraded once I hit 10K miles, but after this tune from the Cobb "Stage 1 93 Octane" I am pretty happy. I hope this answered your questions..

Blue Bullet May 13, 2010 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by 2010 Rallihead (Post 8301606)
does it ever come off the vent with hard acceleration, especially when u hit b00st!!??{pcfreak}

Haha no!! :-) But I just hit 20.3 psi on the stock turbo. I know its not as much as other people are getting but for a stock car its not to shabby :-)

dukeds May 13, 2010 09:41 PM

Does anyone know why the SST transmission feels clunky after i installed the cobb stage 1-93 map? Stage 1-91 shifts so much smoother compared to the stock map.

SOG RA May 13, 2010 10:44 PM

I am guessing here from experience with other systems, but the 93 could be a little more performance oriented than the 91, even though they are both stage 1's. Meaning the shifts with 93 tend to be harder than that with the 91. I cant say for sure, I dont own one, but thats my experience with other ecu devices I have run on my other cars.

Cosis May 14, 2010 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Blue Bullet (Post 8304270)
Haha no!! :-) But I just hit 20.3 psi on the stock turbo. I know its not as much as other people are getting but for a stock car its not to shabby :-)

keep in mind boost is relative. You can make 14 psi on a larger turbo and make more power then the power you have on 20 psi with the smaller ra turbo.

Xorro May 25, 2010 04:47 AM

Could Cobb produce a map for higher octane fuel? In the UK we get 95,97,98,99. I primarily use 99 RON (Shell V-Power).

Blue Bullet May 25, 2010 02:22 PM

I have no idea, I dont see why not. It would just take someone the ability to do this....

SOG RA May 26, 2010 07:08 PM

I have been running the cobb ap for about a week now and like it alot. I did notice that it did make tranny a little clunky in lower gears, sometimes seems a little confused, but overall, way better. Gas mileage went way way up, 27mpg highway consistently with spirited driving...good pull through most gears, but 6 gear pulls seem especially strong. Curious if you guys up there in cold weather have noticed a performance difference compared to when its hot? It seems like since its been 95 everyday, my RA just seems tired. haha