EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   09+ Ralliart Engine/Turbo/Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-ralliart-engine-turbo-drivetrain-309/)
-   -   Cobb AccessPort Ralliart install process (ECU) (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09-ralliart-engine-turbo-drivetrain/491974-cobb-accessport-ralliart-install-process-ecu.html)

EazilyAmuzed Jun 5, 2010 09:35 PM

any of you guys that has the accessport have the original 2010 ralliart stage 1 91 octane map that came with the unit?? I downloaded the 2010 one and installed it to my car and had absolutely no gas pedal response from the engine at all. I reinstalled the stock map that was saved when installing the new map and everything is fine now. I read that someone downloaded maps from the cobb website and he couldn't make it work with his car either. Or can i install the 2009 map that came on the cd on a 2010 ralliart??

getek20 Jun 16, 2010 10:05 AM

I noticed that Cobb mentioned nothing about an aftermarket boost pill for Stage 1 or 2 when others do. How come?

Blue Bullet Jun 17, 2010 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by getek20 (Post 8409823)
I noticed that Cobb mentioned nothing about an aftermarket boost pill for Stage 1 or 2 when others do. How come?

From what I understand they only made Stage 1 & 2 maps for the Ralliart and stopped, it sucks cause we spend 600.00 on a product and they leave us behind. But if you spend 600.00 on the AP and have an Evo its pretty much endless what you can do.... :-(

Thanks Cobb!!!

getek20 Jun 18, 2010 07:53 AM

So then a boost pill is not required for the Cobb Stage 1 setup?

dukeds Jun 18, 2010 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by getek20 (Post 8416024)
So then a boost pill is not required for the Cobb Stage 1 setup?

not required. just flash it

SOG RA Jun 19, 2010 09:51 PM

Well, I am up in Rhode island now, which is my new home for the next couple years, and the diff in temp has made a huge diff in how my RA runs. I am very very happy with how my car is running with the AP. As for those of you that are talking about cobb leaving you in the dark as far as maps, go get yourself a protune and keep it on the ap. That way you can put pretty much any mods on your car you want and have the protune catered to your setup. Not to mention you will get a lot more horsepower. I plan on getting a downpipe and test pipe in the next week or so, already have catback...and running the stage 2 93. The stage 2 map is pretty much why I bought the AP, it nets very large gains over stock and with relatively very little parts required. I will keep you guys posted on the stage 2. I know there is another guy on here out of plano thats running a stage 2 protune, I believe, and he is happy with it.

SOG RA Jul 4, 2010 09:12 PM

Just to update you guys, I set up another thread about cobb ap, called cobb ap question. A guy I have been talking to in Plano is working out details with Cobb to get some more maps for us. Check up on that thread from time to time.

Blue Bullet Mar 22, 2011 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by SOG RA (Post 8463263)
Just to update you guys, I set up another thread about cobb ap, called cobb ap question. A guy I have been talking to in Plano is working out details with Cobb to get some more maps for us. Check up on that thread from time to time.

V 1.02 for 2010 RA is out
V 1.01 for 2009 RA is out "They are still working on 1.02 for RA 09"

The updates are finally nice to have, seems like COBB doesn't really care about the RA.

hotkupa Mar 22, 2011 03:33 PM

I am very disappointed with COBB AP There is only few maps for RA and from what I see they have no desire to make any more.

Krisko Mar 22, 2011 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Bullet (Post 9178930)
V 1.02 for 2010 RA is out
V 1.01 for 2009 RA is out "They are still working on 1.02 for RA 09"

The updates are finally nice to have, seems like COBB doesn't really care about the RA.

What came with the updates

spider21 Mar 27, 2011 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Krisko (Post 9179248)
What came with the updates

I believe this might be fixes or changes to the current maps. No real additional maps that I could see. I know they are working on more maps. I have been talking to them also about this also.

Chaz17 Mar 27, 2011 05:24 PM

thank you man! you did this on a stock ecu im assuming? do you know if doing this voids the warranty..

spider21 Mar 27, 2011 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Chaz17 (Post 9192843)
thank you man! you did this on a stock ecu im assuming? do you know if doing this voids the warranty..

Stock ECU yes but custom tuned by Cobb. As for what voids warranty this is a grey area that you have to check with the local dealer in your area about. Some dealers are more friendly than others depending on the mods you want to do. Since I swapped turbos the answer is most likely no but if you drive the amount of miles I do every year I will be out of warranty by November :-) I just make sure I do all the maintenance per the severe duty schedule and make sure you have a very knowledgeable shop that can take care of you along with a dealer that can also.

Chaz17 Mar 27, 2011 06:40 PM

thank you for the knowledge!