EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   ECU Flash on a Mac? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/290289-ecu-flash-mac.html)

donour Sep 25, 2007 06:27 PM

Hi guys. Sorry. I'm out of town at the moment. I'm in Topeka at SCCA nationals. If you're town and have questions, feel free to come by and find me in paddock. Otherwise, I'll try to answer questions this weekend when there's less going on. :)

d

Inprogress Feb 1, 2008 04:50 PM

So has ecuflash 1.33 been working well on the MAC's?

donour,

Does maclogger incorporate a JDM Map and what not as well?

I'd really like to get a MacBook, but want to understand this before I take the plunge. I'd really appreciate some help.

donour Feb 1, 2008 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Inprogress (Post 5230893)
So has ecuflash 1.33 been working well on the MAC's?

donour,

Does maclogger incorporate a JDM Map and what not as well?

I'd really like to get a MacBook, but want to understand this before I take the plunge. I'd really appreciate some help.

I dunno. I'm still using version 1.32.1401. I have been for a while now. It pretty much works perfectly on my old ("launch day") macbook pro.

I haven't been paying too much attention to the patches for the JDM map sensor. Assuming its just a single byte output on the regular map channel, it should work fine.

d

Inprogress Feb 3, 2008 10:51 AM

I can't seem to read/write on ecuflash while using it on the mac os, I can while using it through bootcamp, any suggestions donour? I assume it's not picking up the openport cable right?

donour Feb 3, 2008 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Inprogress (Post 5235952)
I can't seem to read/write on ecuflash while using it on the mac os, I can while using it through bootcamp, any suggestions donour? I assume it's not picking up the openport cable right?

Did you ever try to run MacLogger? If so, you did remember to untinstall the FTDI VCP driver, right?

d

Inprogress Feb 3, 2008 01:34 PM

No, I didn't use maclogger, I only was trying to use ecuflash on mac just to see if it works. In case I just need to use ecuflash I can just do it in Mac rather then running bootcamp. Any suggestions? For ecuflash I just downloaded it and installed it, nothing more nothing less. Do I need to do something else?

donour Feb 3, 2008 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Inprogress (Post 5236514)
No, I didn't use maclogger, I only was trying to use ecuflash on mac just to see if it works. In case I just need to use ecuflash I can just do it in Mac rather then running bootcamp. Any suggestions? For ecuflash I just downloaded it and installed it, nothing more nothing less. Do I need to do something else?

You shouldn't have to. Your best bet now is to get on openecu.org and email the developer, Colby Boles.

If you email me a detailed description of your problems I can see if I can duplicate it here on my machine.

d