Notices
Private 'Evo 1 - 9' For Sale / Wanted Sell an item in here or look for a particular part that you need.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: Fully Coated SSautochrome exhaust manifold..

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2004, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GTVEVO
One a side note this is enought so I probably won't bash you any more so you don't have to keep trying. Happy holidays.
Oh, please make the bashing stop - you're hurting my feelings... I would figure an intelligent person like you (must be because you didn't buy an SRT4) would be able to "bash" a little more intelligently. So, listen here son - when I bought that EVO for you I told you not to act like a little butthole to others and to learn some respect. You need to grow up before I take that car away from you. It's amazing how someone with a $30k car thinks they're driving a Porsche.

Last edited by SRT_Andy; Nov 24, 2004 at 05:12 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2004, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SRT_Andy
Actually, I can beat that - but the person who makes the manifold I'm going to use doesn't mass-produce. Like I said earlier, the newer manifolds they make use braces for the turbo flange - they don't have the same problems cracking like the originals. The picture of the manifold that he posted has no bracing. You can find pictures of the new ones on Ebay.

ok so if you or he cant mass-produce it then YOU cant make it. leave this thread alone and let the guy sale his great manifold
Old Nov 24, 2004, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Az3ar
ok so if you or he cant mass-produce it then YOU cant make it. leave this thread alone and let the guy sale his great manifold
Do you think I'm trying to make a sales pitch here? That manifold is NOT great. When your turbos fall off and you run them over, I would like to see all of you apologize for your continued ignorance. Personally, I could care less - I was just posting a warning for those that are uninformed such as yourself who thinks it's a "great" manifold. Enjoy making your car into a fast terd, sh!tters. I'm out.
Old Nov 24, 2004, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Srt_Andy, you have to remember for daily driving or drag racing this manifold may hold up fine and thats what most of these guys do. This manifold will not hold up for sustained use on a road course and I have seen the cracked manfiolds. But for the price its a decent replacement.
Old Nov 24, 2004, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

bump so he can sell his manifold
Old Nov 24, 2004, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Oh, please make the bashing stop - you're hurting my feelings... I would figure an intelligent person like you (must be because you didn't buy an SRT4) would be able to "bash" a little more intelligently. So, listen here son - when I bought that EVO for you I told you not to act like a little butthole to others and to learn some respect. You need to grow up before I take that car away from you. It's amazing how someone with a $30k car thinks they're driving a Porsche.
And you call your comment intelligent. Please try again, or just stop and let the person who opened this thread sell his manifold. You are making an @ss out of yourself.
Old Nov 24, 2004, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Do you think I'm trying to make a sales pitch here? That manifold is NOT great. When your turbos fall off and you run them over, I would like to see all of you apologize for your continued ignorance. Personally, I could care less - I was just posting a warning for those that are uninformed such as yourself who thinks it's a "great" manifold. Enjoy making your car into a fast terd, sh!tters. I'm out.
Fall off??? You just proved to me that you don’t know $hit about manifolds. The turbo will not fall off, a crack will occur and it will leak that’s pretty much it. So far people had it for over 6 months with no cracking reports and no issues. At the track I can say that any SS manifold might crack after 1 hr of straight hardcore driving but in the QM track and on the streets and even on some 30 min race track course this should handle and I still have my life time warranty.
Old Nov 24, 2004, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

well first of all warranty is irrelevant if the product sucks... and warranty is an idea, not a guarantee or most of our evos would be constantly in the dealer for repairs, but they arent.. why? because warranty is often prettier on paper compared to reality...

i wont comment about the build quality but if i felt Mo_evo8 was pushing a low quality part, then i wont let him pray on someone's ignorance.... sorry this is a forum not a garage sale...

for example i recently bought X brand rims and realized they crack after a good launch.. if i see someone trying to sell it, i will voice the facts. to exaggerate a point, wouldnt you stop a drug dealer from selling drugs to people if you could? or would you let him sell?
Old Nov 24, 2004, 09:45 PM
Evolving Member

I can also attest to the fact that those manifolds crack very quickly. Even with the warranty you get shafted on shipping it back, and then the downtime of having to wait, and the hassle of changing it. Go on DSM tuners or DSM talk everywhere those manifolds just crack. But wait I guess now you guys are gonna flame me too because I have a galant and not an EVO, you can say what you want but dont be surprised if it gets thrown back in your face.
Old Nov 24, 2004, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

uhhh hummm....chime in fellas. no we are not driving Porsches, but we were compared against them. and what was the neon compared against??? oh yeah, a HONDA. just checkin....

oh yeah, SRT-i think i heard the recess bell ringing. you'd better get back to your drama class before you have detention....
Old Nov 24, 2004, 10:21 PM
Evolved Member

oh yeah....
Attached Images  
Old Nov 24, 2004, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by badhabit90
oh yeah....

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old Nov 24, 2004, 11:30 PM
Evolving Member

\ When your turbos fall off and you run them over.
ummmmm... run them over huh? even if your manifold flew out your hood it would still be held on by your downpipe and o2 housing right??? maybe im wrong.....
Old Nov 24, 2004, 11:36 PM
Evolved Member

not to back up the jackass...but although he stated the facts in probably the wrong way, SSAutogarbage do in fact crack. As a turbo DSM owner, its pretty well known that they make relatively low quality parts. The warranty is nice, but who really wants to take it on/off on a regular basis. I think the SRT guy makes a good point in stating that the manifold is poor quality. However, for the price that the guy is selling it for, considering its coated, then I would consider buying it for a street machine if I could not afford anything else. Actually, id leave the stock manifold on, but its certainly a cheap replacement.
Old Nov 24, 2004, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by 2GDSM
not to back up the jackass...but although he stated the facts in probably the wrong way, SSAutogarbage do in fact crack. As a turbo DSM owner, its pretty well known that they make relatively low quality parts. The warranty is nice, but who really wants to take it on/off on a regular basis. I think the SRT guy makes a good point in stating that the manifold is poor quality. However, for the price that the guy is selling it for, considering its coated, then I would consider buying it for a street machine if I could not afford anything else. Actually, id leave the stock manifold on, but its certainly a cheap replacement.
he's right. I threw one of these on my Evo shortly after I got it and it lasted about 6 days before I found my turbo dangling by oil feed lines and intercooler piping.

I work metal all day, mostly steel, and after seeing this in person I knew it was probably going to happen tho.

here's a big write up I found after it happened to me, read the whole thing.

http://92civic.tripod.com/

SSAutocracked, SSAutobroke, SSAuto****, boy they have alot of nicknames.

Last edited by Evo8FooK; Nov 24, 2004 at 11:49 PM.

Quick Reply: FS: Fully Coated SSautochrome exhaust manifold..