Notices
Private 'Evo 1 - 9' For Sale / Wanted Sell an item in here or look for a particular part that you need.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: Sony Vaio X505ZP (Smallest and Lightest Subnotebook) $1850 SHIPPED!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2005, 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS: Sony Vaio X505ZP (Smallest and Lightest Subnotebook) $1850 SHIPPED!

Located in Seattle, Washington. Local pickup welcome and prefered

I've had this computer in my posession for about one week, but have found it to be too expensive at this stage in my life (Junior at the UW). This is a refurbished unit, and is near-flawless. The only "damage" is a TINY hairline crack on the plastic next to the battery. I took a few pictures, you'll see how minute this really is. I'm not sure if this can be replaced or not, but I rather doubt you would bother. As you probably know, these refurbished units go for well over $2000 (if you can find one).

Specs:
1.1Ghz LV Pentium M (1MB L2 Cache)
512MB SDRAM
64MB Intel Extreme Integrated
20GB 1.8" 4200RPM HDD
10.4" XGA (1024x768) Screen
Includes ALL accessories: Unit case, Accessories case, a/b/g/ WiFi card, PCMCIA card reader, VGA/NIC dongle.

My impressions of this unit is that it is simply stunning. It turns heads everywhere I take it, and with good reason. I barely notice it in my bag and it is light enough to take absolutely anywhere. Contrary to what others have said, I do feel that the included case provides ample protection; no damage even when carrying around 30+ lbs in books. I've never stress tested it in any other way.
The screen is about a 6-6.5 (out of 8 on the XBrite scale)... that's about where we had the setting on my fiancee's FS550. This has been more than bright enough for all of my uses (Photoshop to TextPad to HL2). The 1024x768 display is what I am personally used to, and the text/icons really aren't that small even on the small display.
As you probably already know, the unit is EXTREMELY light; I believe it is the lightest unit you can buy (~1.7lbs). You really need to hold it in your hands before you realize just how compact it is. I wish I could keep it, but the money for books and housing is more important.
As far as the integrated graphics go, many have their complaints. I was able to get Half Life 2 running on the lowest settings. It was playable for the most part, but a bit choppy in more open areas. I mainly play the original half-life, which it ran coherently, as it should. I've compaired this unit to my 1.8Ghz P4 w/ 512MB RDRAM (64MB Mx440) and the performance is very similar. The 1.1Ghz Banias actually outperforms the P4 in load times!

The computer weighs in at a mere 1.7lbs; 9mm (0.36") tall at the front, 23mm (.92") tall at the battery.

Looking for cash on this deal. I'll take money order or PayPal, but add 3% if you're going to PayPal the cash.

here are enough pictures to give you the idea:
http://www.hateration.net/vaioimgs/

You can either pm me or email me at hateration at gmail.com (split apart so spam bots don't index me )
Old Mar 4, 2005, 12:52 AM

pics would be helpful and how much for someone in the local area like me?
Old Mar 4, 2005, 12:39 PM

he has a link to pics in the post, and you don't show where you're at.
Old Mar 4, 2005, 11:26 PM
Evolving Member

I've decided to go ahead and keep it; it would take at least a $2000 offer to get me to sell it. I've really started to fall in love with using this thing; i figured no one had replied and no one would.

I was mainly looking at selling because I found an insane deal on a sony tr and was willing to take the loss. the tr may only be 3.5lbs, but that's just too big now =)