Notices
Private 'Evo 1 - 9' For Sale / Wanted Sell an item in here or look for a particular part that you need.
Mark this thread as Unsold

GM polished Mass airflow sensor for sale!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2004, 02:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GM polished Mass airflow sensor for sale!

This sensor has been polished inside and out by Ulf Engineering for increased flow and added bling under the hood. The sensor came off of a low-milage Impala and flows a considerably more than the OEM MAF. All that is needed to run this MAF on your evo is a MAF translator which can be had for about $175. The translator will allow you to mount the sensor anywhere you like, even behind the blow off valve so you can vent to atmosphere with absolutely no stalling or drivability issues whatsoever. This sensor plus a translator will provide approximately a 35-40 whp increase on a stock EVO since the translator will also allow fuel and timing adjustments just like the SAFC II. Please email or PM me for pics and I will send them out asap!

First $125 firm takes it! Get it while it is still available!!
Old Aug 12, 2004, 08:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didnt know they used this for the EVO now? Can you send the link for the MAF translator?
Old Aug 12, 2004, 09:20 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
As far as i know, nobody has tried the MAF translator (www.ramchargers.com) on the Evo..
but its used on 1G and 2G Dsm's and its been tried fairly succesfully on the 3kGT.. I don't see why it wouldn't work as long as you hook up the wiring correctly, and calibrate the output so the airflow correctly reflects the karmann frequency that the ECU is expecting.

I do know there is a pro-M version which uses a maf sensor from a ford product, ultimate-racing sells it calibrated especially for the Evo.. but its slightly different technology..
Old Aug 12, 2004, 09:23 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
http://www.ramchargers.com/cgi-bin/n...839&cat2=29842 here's the link to the DSM version.. if you want this item, CALL THEM and verify the wiring can be adapted to the EVO.. ask them if the 2G version will do it...