Notices
Private 'Evo 1 - 9' For Sale / Wanted Sell an item in here or look for a particular part that you need.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Brand New Tomei Procams 260 Duration 11.5 Lift

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2004, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brand New Tomei Procams 260 Duration 11.5 Lift

Hey guys i just got a set of Tomei Procams 260 duration with 11.5 lift. I just received them yesterday and they are BRAND NEW in the box with all the paperwork. These are one of the best cams out right now! PM me if you are interested.

Both IN & EX $680 OBO

Chris

Last edited by 2k4EvoVIII; Sep 6, 2004 at 09:33 AM.
Old Sep 2, 2004, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

PM me with offers please.

Thanx
Chris
Old Sep 2, 2004, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

**bump**
Old Sep 2, 2004, 10:38 AM
Evolving Member

The new 270 and 280 duration cams are out now. I really like these cams, but I am teetering between these, Piper rally 265/11.5's, and the new procam 270/11.5.

I plan on running the stock turbo, which would be best for my application? Looking for mid to top acceleration.
Old Sep 2, 2004, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BADWRX
The new 270 and 280 duration cams are out now. I really like these cams, but I am teetering between these, Piper rally 265/11.5's, and the new procam 270/11.5.

I plan on running the stock turbo, which would be best for my application? Looking for mid to top acceleration.
I would like to know where you can get the 270 and 280. THe only place i found was my contact out of Japan and they were even 1 month backordered. I called everybody in the states and they say this month somtime but they also say that for the last 3 months they have heard this and still nothing. SO if you can let me know who has a set of the 270's in stock i would love to know!

Chris
Old Sep 2, 2004, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

bump
Old Sep 2, 2004, 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

I would have gotten them from Japan. I am in no hurry. Why are you getting rid of the 260's? I was really really leaning toward the 260's until I found out about the pipers.

Would the 260 kick *** on a stock turbo?

Thanks,
Andy
Old Sep 2, 2004, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

I would have gotten them from Japan. I am in no hurry. Why are you getting rid of the 260's? I was really really leaning toward the 260's until I found out about the pipers.

Would the 260 kick *** on a stock turbo?

Thanks,
Andy
260 are said to be the best cams out. For the stock turbo they would work awsome but you probably could use more duration. On a aftermarket setup its best to go with lower duration and more lift. I still might not get rid of them im not sure but if i got a offer on them i would probably take it. Only reason is becouse i have my car setup for drag racing and with the Piper Race cams 265 duration but 12mm of lift i could use the extra lift for my big turbo. On the bigger turbo setups i would not go any higher then 265 duration but that is just me otherwise you get into overlap problems. I had the HKS 272/272 setup before and when i got these its just crazy how much of a difference you can see on the lobes alone. Its all becouse HKS measures there lobes differentlly then everybody else i forget what it is called. Ask around and most people will tell you that the Tomei cams are the best out. George at Boost Solutions still uses his Tomei 260's with his Huge T51 turbo and is making over 700whp without it even being tuned. CRAZY!!!!

Chris
Old Sep 2, 2004, 08:15 PM
Evolving Member

Where are you located? I am on the fence on these. I am pretty sure that cams/springs/retainers + head bolts are next on my mod list. Right now I have a full 3" catless w/ 02 housing, Blitz SBC-id, with a HKS RS intake and Walbro fuel pump on order.

Would cams be a logical next step? I have no tuning yet either, as I am waiting on my full stage one setup, which includes the above cam listed cam setup, plus an intercooler and piping. Then I am either going to get the AEM and have Boost Solutions tune it, or I will tune the UTEC or Xede, or just get Al to Dynoflash it TTM and tweak the fuel on an emanage.

Enough of my rant...would cams be a good next buy?

Thanks for your advice in advance!
Old Sep 2, 2004, 11:36 PM
Evolved Member

Im located in Kennewick, Washington 99338. As far as your mod list i would definetly say it is about time for cams. For some reason the EVO respondes very very well to aftermarket cams. Cams were actually my second mod behind exhaust and with those few mods i was running 12.4 in the 1/4 which i thought was very good at the time.

If i were you and had the mods you do this is what i would do. I would first get the cams and cam gears and get them installed. Of course building the head comes along with this. After that i would get a AEM (or UTEC) but i prefer the AEM. From there i would do the tune. After you get the cams your fuel maps will be a little off becouse of the extra air flow you are allowing to enter and exit the engine. At that same time since you will have the head done you will be ready to raise the rev limiter a bit. All this can be done with your tune and a key point of getting your car tuned is having as many mods as you can that benefit eachother in some way. Once you have those mods then you pay to get the tune to maximize everything.

I see these guys that get a Flash or Standalone as a first mod and it just blows me away becouse they dont realize that everytime you add a significant part to your car that throws your tune off causing you to pay more money over and over agian. This is another nice feature of the AEM or UTEC. Once you are comfortable with the software you are able to do all your own changes that have to be done without paying for someone else to do it. Of course your max power and torque should always be done on a dyno and you might as well have a professional take care of it for you since you are there anyway. But how much do you use your max power and torque compared to your everyday driving. Thats were the standalones stand out! Everyday i have my AEM running logs to work and from work to home. Once i get either place i view the log and make the changes that i believe would help. After another trip i view the log and see how it affected it.

Anyway make a long story short i think that you would really appriciate the gains you will see from some cams with your mods. I think you will see a significant gain across the board and at the moment it probably is the best mod you can do to your car. Just my 0.02

Chris

Where are you located? I am on the fence on these. I am pretty sure that cams/springs/retainers + head bolts are next on my mod list. Right now I have a full 3" catless w/ 02 housing, Blitz SBC-id, with a HKS RS intake and Walbro fuel pump on order.

Would cams be a logical next step? I have no tuning yet either, as I am waiting on my full stage one setup, which includes the above cam listed cam setup, plus an intercooler and piping. Then I am either going to get the AEM and have Boost Solutions tune it, or I will tune the UTEC or Xede, or just get Al to Dynoflash it TTM and tweak the fuel on an emanage.

Enough of my rant...would cams be a good next buy?

Thanks for your advice in advance!
Old Sep 3, 2004, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

**bump** Agian
Old Sep 3, 2004, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

bump
Old Sep 4, 2004, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

**bump**
Old Sep 5, 2004, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

bump
Old Sep 5, 2004, 10:19 PM
Evolving Member

Man I really want these! Decisions decisions. I just wasted $359 on tail lights because I destroyed mine last night trying to "black" them out.

Quick Reply: Brand New Tomei Procams 260 Duration 11.5 Lift